Compare Harmony to Oasis Please

katiel53

I have searched the threads and didn't see any recent threads on the comparison of Harmony and Oasis. I know the shows are different, there is Jamie's on Harmony and Giovanni's on Oasis, slides on Harmony and not on Oasis, the Diamond Lounge on Harmony is somewhat in a less desirable location, but what other differences are there?

I have sailed on Allure several times, but not on either of the above. Is the service better on one than the other? I know Chops is on both ships, is the food the same? I am sure the menus are, but sometimes the Chef makes a difference in the preparation. I would be sailing on Allure but with the ship's moving to Miami, it's not convenient for me. I do have to fly to the port and I use Southwest, so it would necessitate a trip from Ft Lauderdale to Miami and back with the cruise.

We are looking at Boardwalk balconies and we have sailed in them on Allure as well as the ocean view balconies on Allure. If you were to sail on either, which would it be and why? This cruise is for January 2019. We just got off Allure yesterday. Thanks.

Most of the stuff that your asking about food quality or service is subjective and can change cruise to cruise or with the hanging of the crew especially since you are looking about a year out.

Allure and Oasis are more like twin sisters while Harmony is just a sister.

Oasis and Allure have the same venues and the only difference is the shows and Allure has Samba while Oasis has Solarium Bistro in the evenings.

Harmony has a whole lot of differences which you named. Harmony also has Wonderland

I have searched the threads and didn't see any recent threads on the comparison of Harmony and Oasis. I know the shows are different, there is Jamie's on Harmony and Giovanni's on Oasis, slides on Harmony and not on Oasis, the Diamond Lounge on Harmony is somewhat in a less desirable location, but what other differences are there?

I have sailed on Allure several times, but not on either of the above. Is the service better on one than the other? I know Chops is on both ships, is the food the same? I am sure the menus are, but sometimes the Chef makes a difference in the preparation. I would be sailing on Allure but with the ship's moving to Miami, it's not convenient for me. I do have to fly to the port and I use Southwest, so it would necessitate a trip from Ft Lauderdale to Miami and back with the cruise.

We are looking at Boardwalk balconies and we have sailed in them on Allure as well as the ocean view balconies on Allure. If you were to sail on either, which would it be and why? This cruise is for January 2019. We just got off Allure yesterday. Thanks.

Another SWA frequent flyer. We've had no issues booking transport (private sedan or uber) from FLL to port of Miami. Closer/faster than the drive from MCO.

Disappointed we had to switch over to Oasis/MCO & cancel our existing plans on the Allure (SWA's only NS flight from PIT arrives too late to do a same day departure).

Harmony has a larger, but very warm solarium with no pool. The rooms and overall feel of Harmony is more modern, more fake wood finishes, no wood carved horses entering the Boardwalk, Bionic bar. I enjoyed the shows on Harmony (second ice and water shows were great). We enjoyed Chops more on Harmony(2 trips), Wonderland was a nice option, CP150 on Harmony was good but not fantastic (2 trips). Was it worth the extra cost?....maybe...but not a huge difference from Allure/Oasis.

Here’s a you tube video outlining the differences.

Thanks so much for posting this info. I just didn't think about searching on you-tube as I rarely use it. I liked the separate closets in the video. The video was interesting and I am looking forward to sailing on Harmony of the Seas.

They both have plus and minus so I have to say pretty much equal themselves out.

Harmony:

Rise and Tide bar no water, very comfortable nice chairs, Bionic Bar which really is a waste of space as its always empty and this bar robot spills the drinks and you don't get them filled up all the way and I noticed the few people there had difficulty in understanding how to get their drink made...honestly a waste of space and the chairs are not comfortable. Jaimie's Italian instead of Giovanni's...Jamie's was terrible! The only thing we liked was the veggie and meat plank other than that it was awful. Wonderland specialty restaurant is on this ship, quite honestly (I always dine 4/5 star restaurants) they would not accommodate me for my needing to be gluten free so we never went.

Oasis:

Rise and Tide bar has the water and uncomfortable stools....Champagne Bar is always excellent and a nice comfy place to sit. Giovanni's is the Italian specialty restaurant and is much better than Jaimie's although as Italians ourselves, its good not great.