exceptions to both purchasing drink package

I plan to call Royal on Monday, but I want to know if anyone has successfully purchased the drink package for only one adult in the cabin? My friend is considering purchasing the drink package. I am not interested, as I will have three free drinks/ day. Are there exceptions to getting around this rule? Thanks

I got very lucky and convinced them to sell me the drink package plus my wife the soda/internet package. At the time there was a sale so the soda/internet package was actually more then the refreshment package. But when my friend who was traveling with us tried they wouldn't do it for him. So you need to get the right person on the phone.

I called Royal Caribbean about this...my husband cannot drink post transplant. They were very accomodating, said I could get the deluxe package for me and the non alcoholic package for him. Both were 30% off that day, so it worked out just fine.

I haven’t read of exceptions being made on board. The drink package is also quite a bit higher on board unless you are D+ or Pinnacle.

I know several cruisers that have received an exception while on board. Need to have an acceptable RCCL reason, such as recovering alcoholic, pregnant, medical condition, religion, etc.

I called Royal Caribbean about this...my husband cannot drink post transplant. They were very accomodating, said I could get the deluxe package for me and the non alcoholic package for him. Both were 30% off that day, so it worked out just fine.

Same here. My wife cannot drink alcohol for medical reasons, I emailed RCI and they telephoned me. I explained the situation and was allowed to purchase the deluxe for me and just the refreshment package for my wife, And at a discount as the prices had dropped a couple of days before :).

I know several cruisers that have received an exception while on board. Need to have an acceptable RCCL reason, such as recovering alcoholic, pregnant, medical condition, religion, etc.

Were they able to only get the delux package or did they also have to purchase either the refreshment or soda package in addition to the delux?

Were they able to only get the delux package or did they also have to purchase either the refreshment or soda package in addition to the delux?

On our Sept 6th Anthem cruisers, we met a couple where the husband purchased nothing and his wife purchased the deluxe package while onboard.

On my last Cruise, HOTS, I had prepurchased the Refreshment package and my buddy had nothing. I just went to the pool bar on the second day and they upgraded me without any problems. Didn't even question me about my roomie. So I know first hand that you can.