Dawn - 4 per room

kaultra

looking to cruise on the dawn with the girls and I'm wondering if any rooms have two bunks to accommodate 4. I can't see how a bed down lower between the two twins will work(with one bunk). We are looking at the OK category in particular. Also wondering if any of the mini-suite categories have two bunks. Thanks.

looking to cruise on the dawn with the girls and I'm wondering if any rooms have two bunks to accommodate 4. I can't see how a bed down lower between the two twins will work(with one bunk). We are looking at the OK category in particular. Also wondering if any of the mini-suite categories have two bunks. Thanks.

Also wondering if any of the mini-suite categories have two bunks. Thanks

A Mini-Suite is not much bigger in cabin size - the plus is a bathtub and perhaps

a bit more storage space - as for bedding - a Queen size bed and a convertible

couch - sleeps 4 terribly tight - I don't recall any with any additional bed possibilities.

If you are close and considering a mini-suite or two cabins adjacent to each other -

THEN consider a SJ class Family Suite with definite eye popping space for 4.

YouTube video LINK:

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/youtube.php?id=7690

The SJ class suite has a King Bed - a convertible couch and a hidden Murphy bed*

* the Murphy bed drops down where the dining table is which must be moved.

Twice and half the room of an ordinary cabin with a great many perks.

Mini-suite on the Dawn will not have 4 beds. There is the regular bed which can be split into two twins, and a double sofa bed which is barely suitable for two children. No way I would recommend that sofa bed for two adults.

How tall is the shortest girl? In our balcony cabin we had one drop-down bed AND the sofa/bed. The sofa/bed comes in sections and is adjustable. The last section (at the foot end) is about 1 ½ ft long. If the shortest of the girls can get by with a short bed, you’ll be ok. We took our 12 yo grandson, and he preferred the shorter bed to the one under the ceiling.

The short bed allowed us to easily get to the balcony door. J

Just wanted to let you know that I did a sister’s cruise with 4 of us sharing an inside. My youngest sister’s (twins) had just graduated college and we all shared a room to save money. It was great!! We had no issues, even with only one outlet. We would take turns going down from the pool to the room to shower, sending one of us down every 20 minutes or so. There’s so much space on the ship that if we needed “me” time, we would just go someplace for a little quiet. We honestly did great.

I will acknowledge that it was probably easier being that close with sister’s versus friends :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for all the replies. Two girls are only 5' so not worried about the beds. Two don't mind inside but two are hell bent on a balcony and we all want to spend the least amount of money possible while being able to have a good time! So much to consider but I appreciate all the thoughtful insight.

Get a " sideway's type OK " Deck 8 .

Have your steward do the U shape bed setup with 1 in a bunk. ;p :cool:

I also do realize a mini-suite room is the same size as a balcony. When I try to choose a balcony category room w 4 passengers it says not available. It only lets me choose a mini suite. So the only option for 4 with a balcony looks like a mini suite on this particular cruise. two rooms is just so much more expensive.

I also do realize a mini-suite room is the same size as a balcony. When I try to choose a balcony category room w 4 passengers it says not available. It only lets me choose a mini suite. So the only option for 4 with a balcony looks like a mini suite on this particular cruise. two rooms is just so much more expensive.

On the Dawn a mini suite is noticeably bigger than a balcony. 2 will share the pull out sofa bed (ask for a foam topper -- you will need it!) and 2 will have the main bed that can be separated if you want. There is a curtain between the sofa bed area and main bed area. If you are all paying the same amount, switch beds halfway through because the main beds are way more comfy than the sofa bed!!

Are you all big drinkers? Remember that the UBP will only be good for the first two passengers in the room, so if you're planning on lots of drinks, getting two rooms might end up actually being cheaper since you'll all have the drink package. Just something to consider.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Are you all big drinkers? Remember that the UBP will only be good for the first two passengers in the room, so if you're planning on lots of drinks, getting two rooms might end up actually being cheaper since you'll all have the drink package. Just something to consider.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Thanks. For us we have prob two that drink and two not as much so I thought it might work.