Has Radiance been sold?

reedy8

Hi all, there's a rumour on a RC fan's facebook page that Radiance of the Seas has been sold to a UK company.

Has anyone heard anything about this? It would be a pity to loose yet another of the medium sized ships.

Have not heard anything about a Radiance class ship being sold. However, it is normal for ships to be owned by different holding companies and still operated by the same cruise line.

Thank you Bob, hopefully that's all it is. It would be a pity to loose another medium sized ship.

According to Wikipedia (they are never wrong, right?;)) the Brilliance was operated by RCI (UK) Ltd. from 2004-11. After '11 she went back under Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.

I believe the operating company was different than the owning company.

Are you sure they were not talking about Rhapsody? Rhapsody is indeed moving over to one of the partner companies. IT officer at lunch on board Rhapsody last week told us they just don't have a date of transfer yet.

I hope it's before our December TA. 😉

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I hope it's before our December TA. 😉

?? You hope it transfers before then? :confused: You do seem to have a problem with canceled sail dates...ouch! :eek:

I was able to score huge balcony corner JS aft cabin 8596 on Rhapsody for 1/5/19. I am hoping I will still be able to make that. :o

?? You hope it transfers before then? :confused: You do seem to have a problem with canceled sail dates...ouch! :eek:

I was able to score huge balcony corner JS aft cabin 8596 on Rhapsody for 1/5/19. I am hoping I will still be able to make that. :o

We have 8600, I'm just thinking Laura may be a little burned out by then.

Nice OBC or FCC is typical. I really don't hope it goes away, but the repositioning voyages are the ones I've had cancel most often

I imagine that can really mess you up with airlines booked, etc. :(

At least we are lucky and can reschedule easily enough for Florida departures.

They often give airfare compensation.

Mine have never been cancelled late

That's good to hear. Our longer cruises and TAs have to wait until the fur baby passes into Kitty cat heaven. Until then we are enjoying her company for as long as we can while she is navigator in the "Land Yacht". ;)

If the RH is going to be sold or transferred if they do it sooner rather than later they are going to be changing a LOT of bookings. Aren't they still taking bookings into November 2019?

I am booked on Rhapsody for 1/5/19...hoping to still be safe. The officer I talked to on board thinks it will be sometime next year, but could be later. Done deal, but just not knowing when it will transfer.

If the RH is going to be sold or transferred if they do it sooner rather than later they are going to be changing a LOT of bookings. Aren't they still taking bookings into November 2019?

Now I'm confused, are we talking about RD or RH?

I hope RH stays around at least though Nov 2019, since I have a TA booked on that!

They often give airfare compensation.

Compensation is a joke! :rolleyes:

I lucked out on a schedule change else one of the cancelations would have cost me about $2000 as the tickets were not changeable nor refundable !

Always use air2sea now for long time commitments!