Studio Cabins

Mooneen

Studio cabin was laid out real nice to make it cozy. Cool LED lighting. Studio lounge was just ok but had a GREAT cappuccino machine. One of the cruises I went on there was a good group to hang with all week and another not so much.

It depends on which cruise ship you are going to cruise on. For example, some do not like the studio lounge on the Bliss. On the Breakaway, the studio lounge seems fine. There are some snacks, juices and the cappuccino machine for use only for those in the studios. No one else have access to the studio lounge besides the solo travelers meet up at 6 pm. Studio cabins - the shower are in the room. So if you used hot water, your whole room will be filled with steam. Some cruisers said there was not enough drawers.

I have been in two, on the Getaway and the Epic. I loved them both, plenty of storage - but no drawers. They are smaller than an inside room, but the bed is the best - a full sized bed, not two twins pushed together. The lounge was great, the coffee was the best on the ship plus the snacks till 10 pm. The bar is open from 5-7 if memory serves, and there was plenty of solo people to talk to or hang out with. In both cases there were very different groups of people in the solo cabins.

Edited by monl765
spelling

Have only studio'd on the Getaway. NCL did a really good job of making the studio area seem like an exclusive/premium zone. Studio lounge has some solo specific stuff, and has snacks and a *real* coffeemaker (makes lattes and the whole shebang). Others said the cabins are small, and I agree. They are small, designed just for one person. I'm a fairly large person and I have no problems in the studios. No issues with the showers, toilets, bed, nothing. IMHO, perfect for one person. They're my go to room unless I can snag a great deal on a balcony.

My only quibble would be storage. There is plenty of storage space in the studio, but the arrangement is such that there is lots of room for hanging garments, but comparatively little drawer space. Still, not nearly enough to ruin my vacation.

Edited by sparkmaster

I had one on the Breakaway. I thought the shower in the room would be an issue but it wasn't. There is a vent directly on top of it and only a small area at the top where steam could escape. I take HOT showers and never once was the cabin hot afterwards.

I agree that drawers would've been nice. I used packing cubes and just put them on the shelves beside the sink and it worked fine. I didn't realize until the end of the cruise that the hangers in the closet area pulled out to allow access. Definitely would have been easier when I unpacked if I had figured this out earlier. My only complaint is that there is no where to sit in the cabin other than the bed. There's a stool that doubles as a nightstand and storage but there's no room to put it other than beside the bed and then it limits access to the closet.

The Studio Lounge was nice and convenient. I've looked at the layout on other ships and the cabins seem to be more spread out. On the Breakaway they were all grouped together near the lounge. It was nice to be able to walk by and peek in to see if I wanted to go in or not. There was also a bartender there for an hour every evening. Made for a nice place to hang out before dinner and make plans with the other solo travelers.

I was just on a Studio last week for the first time in 7 years (the previous 3 times I upgraded to a Balcony but this time ship was sold out).

To me. it did not make my cruising experience more or less enjoyable. I felt as though I slept better as I was in a ship within a ship so to speak. In terms of the space, the only thing I preferred in the balcony was having additional space to unpack. I simply left my suitcases upright next to my bed under the phone- some others actually leave them under the bed.

I felt as though I did not need the extra space and actually came home and booked a studio on the Encore for 2020. My attitude is if I don't get an upgrade fine- i enjoyed the area and found it quiet and great for sleeping.

Getaway, Escape and Epic. Love the Studio experience. Especially having coffee in the Lounge.

My only gripe is I think the bed is too big for the space. A foot narrower with a chair in the corner would be great. Based on pictures, it seems they fixed this on Bliss.

Don't really use drawers but there is plenty of hanger and shelf space. The 'desk' is barely deep enough for a laptop and is already cluttered with stuff. So if you need to work, head to the Lounge.

I'm curious about the number of hangers in the studio cabin, since the storage is mostly for hanging your clothes. If you need more will they give you some or should I bring some hangers from home?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

I had around 6 or 7 - they did bring more - however if the ship moves I learned to put them under the desk between the wall so I wouldn't hear clanking noises. I would assume brining some of the plastic ones would be less noise.

A week later I would say I enjoyed having the Studio for the second time and really have no preference for it vs. a Balcony other than the space to unpack.

I am booked on the Getaway for the Baltic Cruise September 2019. I would like to know about the noise level between cabins. I am not a picky traveler, I do not want to annoy fellow shipmates though. How is the sound level in there? Can you hear hair dryers, people talking on phones, people watching movies, etc?

Getaway, Escape and Epic. Love the Studio experience. Especially having coffee in the Lounge.

My only gripe is I think the bed is too big for the space. A foot narrower with a chair in the corner would be great. Based on pictures, it seems they fixed this on Bliss.

Don't really use drawers but there is plenty of hanger and shelf space. The 'desk' is barely deep enough for a laptop and is already cluttered with stuff. So if you need to work, head to the Lounge.

It's been great reading what everyone has said about solo cabins.

I understand maybe wanting somewhere other then the bed to sit on.

But don't reduce bed size Im 6ft 2 and are pretty much my wish for them to be BIGGER anywhere I stay. Lol