soda package on Majesty question

And, you can get soda at any bar....

I know, it's just sometimes in the morning I like to drink diet coke (I'm not a coffee drinker so that's my caffeine), and the bars aren't open early in the morning. Would be nice to just go help myself at anytime.

We were on her last week and yes they were open all the time. It was great not having to wait in line and it was never crowded. Being able to use that is worth the price of the soda package alone.

How does Royal prevent those who didn't purchase the soda package from helping themselves to a glass of soda if you dispense the soda yourself?

How does Royal prevent those who didn't purchase the soda package from helping themselves to a glass of soda if you dispense the soda yourself?

The insulated cups that they give you when you buy the soda package have a chip inside the plastic and when you place it on top of the dispenser, it makes a noise and says "Valid until _____" to tell you that you can begin filling the cup. However, I did see people filling up their cup, dumping it into a family members, and going back for a refill, which could pose a problem with the expansion of the system.

There seemed to be a "lock-out" time on how quickly you could refill your glass. My sister was very thirsty, filled her glass, drank it very quickly, and then tried to refill it. The machine would not dispense any soda. She then just walked over to the bar and got her refill. This was the only time that we had issues trying to get a glass of soda.

We took our cups with us when we were at Coco Cay and the bar tenders were very strick about you having your sea-pass card with the sticker.

The machine on the Majesty was closed a few times a day. It seemed to me it was more around dinner time. Just about anytime you wanted something either the machine was open or the bar was open. The only issue would be early in the morning (4-6ish) The bar was closed, and the machine was closed. At least that is the way it was on June on my cruise!

Where is the dispenser located on the ship?

There is one on the pool deck right at the entrance to the forward elevator area, next to the bar area. The self-serve ice cream machine is right next to it.

:confused:Do they have these on the Explorer too ? was on RCL last November and got the soda pass but don't remember anyone telling us that!!

Its my understanding that this will be made FLEET wide @ some point in time BUT they are starting Smaller ships first.

Its my understanding that this will be made FLEET wide @ some point in time BUT they are starting Smaller ships first.

Forgive my lack of knowledge of all things cruise related but is the Explorer considered one of their bigger or smaller ships? :confused:

Forgive my lack of knowledge of all things cruise related but is the Explorer considered one of their bigger or smaller ships? :confused:

Oasis-Class 2

Freedom-Class 3

Voyager-Class 5

Radiance-Class 4

Vision-Class 6

Sovereign-Class 2

(Sovereign of the Seas was Sold By RCCL)

@ the top are the Newer classes @Older Classes the bottom

Sovereign-Class is the oldest & Smallest class of RCCL's Ships

Voyager-Class: Explorer of the Seas

Sovereign-Class: Majesty of the Seas

Oasis-Class 2

Freedom-Class 3

Voyager-Class 5

Radiance-Class 4

Vision-Class 6

Sovereign-Class 2

(Sovereign of the Seas was Sold By RCCL)

@ the top are the Newer classes @Older Classes the bottom

Sovereign-Class is the oldest & Smallest class of RCCL's Ships

Voyager-Class: Explorer of the Seas

Sovereign-Class: Majesty of the Seas

Thanks. I have SO much to learn don't I :o ??

Your Welcome

You will pick it UP :D

I have a new post to work on for the RCCL FAQ:

Ship Classes & Build Order:cool:

:D thanks. For 10 bonus points, can you remember which soft drinks the soda pass covers?

I see you are from Toronto. Great city, we spent 3 weeks in Canada 2 years ago. Its an amazing place and we loved Toronto :)

:D thanks. For 10 bonus points, can you remember which soft drinks the soda pass covers?

I see you are from Toronto. Great city, we spent 3 weeks in Canada 2 years ago. Its an amazing place and we loved Toronto :)

Off the Top of my Head:

Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Club Soda and Ginger Ale

• 1 year later...

Archived