Photos of the Volendam in Auckland, New Zealand

Kiwi_cruiser

On our first Volendam cruise back in December 2008 we meet aussiedisneyfan.

Since then for the past two Christmas she been cruising around New Zealand but we have not been around as for the last two Christmas we have also been cruising as well!, but last Christmas / New Year (2010 – 2011) we where at home and on the 12 January 2011 we meet aussiedisneyfan again and took her and her family around Auckland.

On this day we where also lucky enjoy to be invited on-board by aussiedisneyfan to have some lunch!

Here are a few photos I took that day:

P1125152.JPG

P1125157.JPG

On-board the Volendam:

P1125160.JPG

P1125161.JPG

P1125162.JPG

The crew looking at a lifeboat hoist:

P1125163.JPG

The Volendam was late leaving as the lifeboat hoist had to be inspected ( I think it may have been Maritime New Zealand inspecting it) as it failed in Lyttelton (More here)

P1125210.jpg

P1125213.jpg

P1125215.jpg

P1125216.jpg

P1125232.jpg

Tug wanting to give the Volendam a hand: (He had to go away & come back again!)

P1125233.jpg

Thank you for sharing those photos. They refreshed a lot of memories from my sailing from Auckland last February. What a beautiful place! I loved all of New Zealand, especially the south island (it was cooler there).

Especially in the sail-away photos it's really clear where the missing lifeboat #7 should be. So sad what happened.

Stu, thanks so much for sharing these great photos. We'll be aboard in a mere 33 weeks, and I enjoyed this preview. You apparently have the same affliction as so many of us have on the HAL Board: we can't get our fill of these lovely ships.

Mrs M

We love NZ. When we land at the Auckland Airport, we enjoy the cute little beagles going around to take a sniff of everyone's luggage.

My brother-in-law has been in Taupo and Wellington for over 30 years, and he never regrets having moved to 'Paradise'.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks so much for sharing your photos! We are cruising NZ next February (14th) on Volendam so it was great to se what she is like. We've just come off the Noordam so guess the Volendam is smaller but it looks perfectly formed! We met many people from NZ and Oz in the Med cruise and had a lot of fun with them. We are so looking forward to our trip - aprt from the long flights!

Cheers from Bedford, UK

Archived