Drew Devine info... Bummed out missing Graham Seymour by one week

Anyone know how Drew compares to Graham? We just loved Graham and thought he was not only funny but had a TERRIFIC voice. Just curious to see how Drew compares with jokes and such... Might have to rebook LOL

Anyone know how Drew compares to Graham? We just loved Graham and thought he was not only funny but had a TERRIFIC voice. Just curious to see how Drew compares with jokes and such... Might have to rebook LOL

Drew is coming to Freedom? WOW!

Graham was great but I actually think I like Drew a little better. Im sure Im in the minority here. With that said, I only experienced Drew on a short 3 night cruise and thought he done an wonderful job. His Quest was the best yet! His 70s disco show was awesome too. I have no idea how he will stack up on a 7 night cruise though.

They both are great cruise directors and both are very funny and very talented in their own ways. Drew doesnt have a morning show on the tv that I know of though. He sure is an awesome drummer though.

I've had Drew as the CD on two Monarch cruises. While he didn't have a stand up show (short cruise) his Love & Marriage, & Quest shows were both very well done. He works well with the crowd. You can't compare the two because they are different people. But Drew was a lot of fun, and definitely was on the dance floor ALOT. I'm sure he'll be a great cover for Graham.

I've had Drew as the CD on two Monarch cruises. While he didn't have a stand up show (short cruise) his Love & Marriage, & Quest shows were both very well done. He works well with the crowd. You can't compare the two because they are different people. But Drew was a lot of fun, and definitely was on the dance floor ALOT. I'm sure he'll be a great cover for Graham.

Well said! I did very much enjoy Graham's stand up comedy show for sure.

But yeah,two different people from two different countries so its hard to compare. Both very talented in their own ways though.

So what dates are we talking about? I'm on freedom on sept 16th?

When is Graham leaving? We are on the freedom June 17th

From the Current Cruise Director's thread:

Graham Seymour here

Hi All

Off July 29th return Sept 30th through to feb 13th 2013

Very Best

Graham

Graham also posted that Drew Devine would be filling in during the break

I'm starting to think Royal is conspiring against me... Oasis last month to try out Spacey... He moved to Ex... Thinking Freedom for Graham early Sept now he's on vacay... maybe Ex in Sept instead but no doubt Spacey will be on vacation then too lol

Just going to have to keep cruising ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drew is excellent. He is highly educated. He is a music major (he's an awesome drummer) and an photographer. His knowledge of music is unbelievable. His one liners are the standard fare of RCI, I've heard other CD's say the exact same thing. He loves talking with the guests.

I'm starting to think Royal is conspiring against me... Oasis last month to try out Spacey... He moved to Ex... Thinking Freedom for Graham early Sept now he's on vacay... maybe Ex in Sept instead but no doubt Spacey will be on vacation then too lol

Just going to have to keep cruising ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it's a conspiracy :D I am still miffed because I WANTED GRAHAM again!!!! I will still go reluctantly and "try" to have fun ROFL

I have had both. I did not like Graham, but I loved Drew.

Give Drew a chance, he will surprise you.

I will give him a chance.... I guess if he wasn't good RCI wouldn't keep him.:D

Since you have sailed MANY times ever had a CD named Peter Daems? He is now my TA

From the Current

Graham also posted that Drew Devine would be filling in during the break

So he will be back on for my cruise September 30th......Cool! :cool:

DH and I both LOVE Drew! We have sailed three times with him on the four night Monarch cruises and he was excellent. He does not have the 'schticht' that Spacey has, but instead he seems more genuine. He runs a wonderful Love and Marriage show, and his Quest is awesome. He has a big presence around the ship, and is very approachable and friendly. We have said for years that he deserves to be on a bigger ship. Relax - you will love him! :)

So he will be back on for my cruise September 30th......Cool! :cool:

Originally Posted by Hammy's Manager viewpost.gif

Graham Seymour here

Hi All

Off July 29th return Sept 30th through to feb 13th 2013

Very Best

Graham

Cool! :cool:

I will give him a chance.... I guess if he wasn't good RCI wouldn't keep him.:D

When we were on Freedom 2 weeks ago I asked Graham about Drew being his fill in for vacation. He said that Drew was coming on a week early to overlap with him to get familiar with the Freedom drill. Since I know Drew I asked how he thought Drew would fit in on Freedom. He said it is good to get a different type cruise director in the mix and that Drew is a great CD. We thoroughly enjoyed Graham and have always liked Drew's style as well. Drew does in a 3/4 night all the activities that are normally done on a 7 night. He is amazing. Hope Graham has a great holiday!!!

Good news for us is that we will be on Monarch in less than a fortnight.:D

I see folks talking about Drew doing the 3/4 day runs. Recall that Drew used to be on Mariner out of PC, doing the same (or very similar) 7 day runs that Freedom is doing now. I don't think it will be much of transition for him to go back to 7 day cruises.

Bob

Drew is coming to Freedom? WOW!

Graham was great but I actually think I like Drew a little better. Im sure Im in the minority here. With that said, I only experienced Drew on a short 3 night cruise and thought he done an wonderful job. His Quest was the best yet! His 70s disco show was awesome too. I have no idea how he will stack up on a 7 night cruise though.

They both are great cruise directors and both are very funny and very talented in their own ways. Drew doesnt have a morning show on the tv that I know of though. He sure is an awesome drummer though.

I soooo agree with you both!!! I also think Drew is more genuine. Totally loved his Quest and Love & Marriage show!! :D

Archived