Baby Beach or Eagle Beach

AlFrank

We are cruising in November and will be in Aruba on Wednesday 11/27/12. We only have a short time there, arriving at 8:00 am and departing at 5:00 pm. We are wondering which beach to head to. We've heard that Baby and Eagle are the best. Since this is our first time there we would appreciate any help in chosing the beach. Also, is there a bus near the port we could take to the beach or will we need to take a taxi? We just want to relax and enjoy beach time. Which would you suggest. Thanks for any help.

We are cruising in November and will be in Aruba on Wednesday 11/27/12. We only have a short time there, arriving at 8:00 am and departing at 5:00 pm. We are wondering which beach to head to. We've heard that Baby and Eagle are the best. Since this is our first time there we would appreciate any help in chosing the beach. Also, is there a bus near the port we could take to the beach or will we need to take a taxi? We just want to relax and enjoy beach time. Which would you suggest. Thanks for any help.

Hi there. My initial thought was to take my lady to Baby Beach because I remember what an awesome snorkeling experience it was, despite my memory that the beach itself wasn't too impressive. I then looked up both beaches on you tube. I think we'll skip Baby Beach. It's very unpretty. Eagle Beach looks like what one expects from a Caribbean Beach.

Eagle Beach is one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. It is wide and uncrowded. Crystal clear turquoise blue water. By far it is my favorite.

Palm Beach is much more crowded, located in the high rise area. There is tons of beach activity here, Jet skis, banana boat rides, etc.

Baby Beach is much too far from the cruise port and there really is nothing there. You should NOT go out past the reefs, it is very dangerous with very strong riptides.

Carol

• 3 weeks later...

Eagle Beach is beautiful, just what you expect in Aruba. There are lots of Divi trees for shade, the sand is sparling white and easy to walk on, and crystal blue water. You can take the bus right there at the port and get off anywhere along the road u like. All beaches are public. Enjoy!!

• 2 weeks later...
I've been reading through the threads .. and noticed someone went to both .. how far is the distance between eagle beach and palm beach? is it really doable for cruise ship hrs? thanks!

Palm Beach and Eagle Beach are just a few minutes apart. The longest part will waiting for the buses to take you between them and back to port.

This is great info. We will be in Aruba in a few short weeks. We will do the bus to Eagle Beach as well - will get on the bus at the port. I am assuming the bus stop is right there?

What type of currency should I have on hand for the bus? and approx how much??

Thanks

I second that. Take the bus, it's so easy. It goes right to Eagle Beach, ask the driver to let you know or people on the bus will. You really can't miss it.

Eagle Beach is one of the most beautiful beaches I've ever been on. The sand was so powdery soft and the water was simply gorgeous. For the price of a bus ride it was totally worth it, and it was only a short ride.

Be sure when you get on the bus to purchase a round trip ticket. It's $2.60 per person round trip. The buses run about eery 10 to 15 minutes, not a long wait. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Palm Beach and Eagle Beach are just a few minutes apart. The longest part will waiting for the buses to take you between them and back to port.

Thanks so muchh!! That means I'll be able to visit bothhh :) Eagle beach first and then Palm beach!

I agree that Baby Beach shouldn't be an option, for you.

1. Distance involved.

2. Only benefit of Baby Beach is the calm, shallow water-protected by the

reef wall.

3. I have been there to snorkel. In order to do so, you have to swim out-past

the reef enclosure-into strong currents. There were fish in that area, but

was too rough for me to maintain any stability.

NOTE: Fairly recently, a snorkler went pass the reef, and was swept away by

the strong current.

Stick to Eagle Beach, IMO.

• 4 weeks later...

Just went on Aruba land vacation in Nov. Bus fares have increased to $2.50, so if you have a few people it might be cheaper to take a taxi. The bus stop at Amsterdam Manor is easy. Nice beach bar, Passions on the Beach, nice cold cocktails and sandwhiches while waiting for the bus.

Yeah, Baby Beach is a long way; when I was there for a week, I took a tour company bus; it is more or less a family area, the beach is a shallow area; not much there; I didn't go to Palm or Eagle, but the posts above are good advice for you

• 2 months later...

We currently have a tour booked with Sonny Binns which begins at 9AM and lasts for 3 hours. I'm thinking after that tour we can catch a bus to Eagle Beach to spend a little time there. Ship leaves at 5:00 PM so on-board time should be 4:30. How far is the ride to Eagle Beach? We really want to do Sonny's tour, but we also want to get in a little beach time.

Hi there. My initial thought was to take my lady to Baby Beach because I remember what an awesome snorkeling experience it was, despite my memory that the beach itself wasn't too impressive. I then looked up both beaches on you tube. I think we'll skip Baby Beach. It's very unpretty. Eagle Beach looks like what one expects from a Caribbean Beach.

Good choice to skip Baby Beach. We drove there and thought "this is it"? Eagle and Palm were more of what I was looking for. Bugaloe bar and restaurant on palm beach was nice if you are looking to sit on a pier. Good food and not outrageously expensive as one would think. They are between Radisson and Rui, almost across the street from señor' frogs. At palm beach the hotels are right on the beach and at eagle beach they are across the street so you can park right at the beach.

• 1 month later...
Eagle beach have any beach bars, chair rentals, floats. Palm beach sounds more crowded

Yes, Eagle does have chair rentals and you can also get some water toys. There is a beach bar (which has a decent happy hour in the afternoon). For food we prefer to cross the street and eat lunch at the resort...

Hank

I know this may sound rude and I'm sorry if it does I just like to ask other people's advice...Is this port safe? Our port time is 2pm til 11pm...we thought we could do the beach til maybe 6 or 7 and then head back but we do have two small children...3 and 6...We just want our bases covered! Thanks!:rolleyes:

Absolutely safe. We love to take the bus to Eagle beach- not sure how frequently they run after 5 pm. The downtown area is fun with an outdoor market and then a very pink open air shopping mall. Aruba is one of our favorite ports. We also spent a week there on vacation and can recommend it wholeheartedly

Archived