best drink BANG for your BUCK

The one you can get someone else to pay for. They do typically make strong drinks. I know when I was drinking rum and coke I asked the bartender why they were so strong and he said the rum is cheaper than the coke.

Vodka tonic. Actually, ANY regular cocktail (mixed drink...not frozen) will be much stronger than you get in land-based bars....they do a liberal pour! Frozen drinks are quite weak. Beer is cheaper, but not as strong....but you can drink for longer with beer, than with liquor!

Wine is WAAAAY overpriced!

Vodka tonic. Actually, ANY regular cocktail (mixed drink...not frozen) will be much stronger than you get in land-based bars....they do a liberal pour! Frozen drinks are quite weak. Beer is cheaper, but not as strong....but you can drink for longer with beer, than with liquor!

Wine is WAAAAY overpriced!

Great to know!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The one you can get someone else to pay for. They do typically make strong drinks. I know when I was drinking rum and coke I asked the bartender why they were so strong and he said the rum is cheaper than the coke.
Haha! That is really funny!!
Actually it would be true if they are using canned coke. Duty free rum in bulk is less than two cents ($0.02) per ounce. Coke out of gun would be cheaper than that, but probably not out of a can. Given that labor is paid for by tips, the most expensive item in any non-call-brand drink is probably the paper umbrella in frozen drinks.

Water is in short supply in the Caribbean (the ship makes their own from sea water); all those days of sunshine come at a price of not much rain outside of hurricane season. Land resorts in the Caribbean often have complimentary afternoon rum punch parties - it turns out that rum punches are cheaper than long showers.

Thom

Not much on the frozen drinks, I like a nice bourbon and ginger ale or gin and tonic. On our last cruise I tried one of the specialty drinks - the Captain's Caipirinha, it had a major punch! Really interesting flavors unlike a straight up gin and tonic or similar drink.

Edited by temple1