I missed the ship last week! Allure, at first port... what to expect...

klfhngr

if this happens to you!

I've stayed away from CC since before the cruise on Allure from the 12th - 19th. I'll give a brief overview at a later time, but I did miss the ship in Nassau and want to share what to expect.

First, it's surreal seeing the ship leave w/o you, almost an out of body experience! No words or emotions to describe the feeling.

Once the boat leaves, then what? The port literally becomes a ghost town after a FEW minutes of the ship leaving! If it wasn't for Alfred, the port authority for RCCL, I would've broke!

I missed the ship because of member of our group not returning to the agreed upon spot at the agreed upon time. Why did I wait? Because my son was with him and his daughter.

I'll explain in detail later the full story, what exactly happened after the ship left and what suggestions and advise I can offer. The extra costs involved, two extra nights in a foreign port/country with NO contacts, NO friends. Having to fly back to the USA, then back to the next port. Then the trouble boarding the ship again, it's not as easy as they say it is, 'just fly to the next port if you miss the ship'.

Anyhow, more to come. I can answer questions also.

Edited by klfhngr
  • Like 1

Yeah, I read some of your posts from another thread when you were stranded in Nassau and had to stay in a bad hotel overnight. Didn't read anything after that. Glad to hear at least you caught up with your family in Jamaica.

Looking forward to hear your story. At least you made it back home safely.

You may deal with this later, but how did you know where to find the RCCL agent? I would think that that would be the main thing to start with at any port in which one finds oneself stranded.

I can imagine what you wanted to do to the "member of our group" who did not return at the agreed upon time! Some people just can't learn to follow simple instructions...like....the ship will leave without you if you are not aboard on time.

I look forward to hearing the rest of your story.

Bill

Did you have a passport to be able to fly out of a foreign country to meet the ship? Did you bring it ashore with you, or did the ship give it to the port agent? (I always wondered how that worked)

Edited by DonnaK

Did you have a passport to be able to fly out of a foreign country to meet the ship? Did you bring it ashore with you, or did the ship give it to the port agent? (I always wondered how that worked)

I remember the OP posting last week that he did NOT have a Passport. It had expired if I recall correctly.

While Im sure it was a MAJOR headache not having one, its not the end of the world as some make it out to be.

I too am very interested in hearing this story! This is one of my worst fears of cruising! I wont hardly even leave sight of the ship unless Im in Cozumel and thats only to go to town for a couple hours!

Edited by ryano