Los Lobos - The Best New Restaurant!

BirdTravels

The best new restaurant in NCL is Los Lobos. We had the pleasure of having dinner there twice last week on the Dawn. We started with Guacamole en Moicajete, fresh guacamole made tableside by the waiters. A wide assortment of appetizers, salads, tacos and enchiladas. Generous portions for appetizers and all with wonderful flavors and textures. Entrees are equally good. Followed by some unique desserts. During the Dawn’s recent dry dock, they took a part of the Garden Café buffet and turned it into this great specialty restaurant. Great Service and great food.

Dawn_Menu_Los_Lobos.jpg

LL8.jpgLL_1.jpgLL5.jpgLL4.jpgLL3.jpg

Edited by BirdTravels

Thanks for posting. We are looking forward to trying this under the now defunct UDP. Did you have a dining plan for this, and if so, can you tell me how that worked? Would the tacos and enchiladas count as an entree?

Not sure if they were suppose to,,, but they treated them as appetizers. The Fish and Steak were the entrees (first and fourth pictures in the second post).

Another a la carte restaurant? What did this take the place of?

"took part of the Garden Cafe buffet"

unless I misread this...... it took the place of part of the Garden Cafe buffet.

[emoji3] [emoji2] [emoji1] [emoji12]

sent using Forums mobile app

I am really glad you enjoyed your experience. The food does look delicious.

It does bother me that yet another free area (in this case partial) is being taken over for a 'pay' venue. I'm all for new and innovative, just wondering why NCL can't give something new to the guests that doesn't also incur a fee.

Thanks for sharing your wonderful pictures though. NCL should be paying you as they will surely help to lure customers to this new venue. :)

Rochelle

"took part of the Garden Cafe buffet"

unless I misread this...... it took the place of part of the Garden Cafe buffet.

Yes. During the dry dock, walls were constructed, buffet service line we remodeled as the galley for the restaurant, and the port, aft section of the Garden Cafe seating was converted to the Los Lobos restaurant.

Edited by BirdTravels

Yes. During the dry dock, walls were constructed, buffet service line we remodeled as the galley for the restaurant, and the port, aft section of the Garden Cafe seating was converted to the Los Lobos restaurant.

With the caveat that I've never sailed on the Dawn, no ship on which I have sailed has had excess seating in the buffet. Has this made things worse on the Dawn?

And I agree with the comment above that it's distressing for NCL to convert a "free" public dining area into a another fee-venue.

When the Dawn first started sailing year round out of New York the Tex-Mex restaurant (Salsa) and the Italian restaurant were no extra charge. Impressions was a a popular main dining room, one of three. Cagney's was $25.pp and featured Oysters Rockefeller and Prime Ribs. Le Bistro was $20. and featured delicious duck. There were no a la carte restaurants. That was the Golden Age of freestyle cruising sadly gone forever.

When the Dawn first started sailing year round out of New York the Tex-Mex restaurant (Salsa) and the Italian restaurant were no extra charge. Impressions was a a popular main dining room, one of three. Cagney's was $25.pp and featured Oysters Rockefeller and Prime Ribs. Le Bistro was $20. and featured delicious duck. There were no a la carte restaurants. That was the Golden Age of freestyle cruising sadly gone forever.

Was on the Dawn out of New York when she was new. I agree with you 100%. This a la carte stuff is deplorable. I stay with NCL because we are platinum and we think the aft corner suites are some of the best cabins at sea for the price. Especially on their Dawn and Jewel class ships. Converting some of the already crowded Garden Cafe space to a pay restaurant is typical FDR.

Edited by jpcdds6

Did the part where it mentioned "Dawn" give anything away?

[emoji12] [emoji1] [emoji2] [emoji3]

sent using Forums mobile app

I know he said the Dawn. Does the Dawn have Le Bistro and other restaurants Getaway and Escape have? I just booked Getaway and then Escape in August so still researching the restaurants each has. Thanks for your helpful response lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I remember before they put in place MODERNO they had a Mexican food specialty restaurant ( can't remember the name right now) which was excellent. The margaritas, nachos, and the quesadillas remind me of the pics on here. I am glad they brought this back. I for one don't care for Moderno ate there once and was not convinced, so looking forward trying los Lobos one day. :D

Edited by qtaromar1970