Delayed Boarding Majesty of the Seas Monday March 13th - Questions & Concerns

I received this email the other day stating that they need to push back check-in to conduct some maintenance while at port. Check-in will now take place between 5:30 PM & 7:30 PM. We kindly ask that you arrive after 5:30 PM. We apologize for this delay, as we understand the excitement to start your cruise. As a result, we are providing each guest with $25 onboard credit to help offset any lunch expenses created by this delay. This credit will be added to your onboard account during your cruise. I would like to know how dinner is going to be handled now with the delay because I don't want to be sitting down in the dining room eating and then have to jump up for the muster drill. What time is the muster drill going to happen since we are delayed. Also we plan to buy the drinking package once we get on board but I don't think it is fair to pay full price for Monday do they normally discount the package when this happens. Sorry I have so many questions but this is the first time I am dealing with this and it would be nice to get some feedback from other passengers that this has happened too.

I received this email the other day stating that they need to push back check-in to conduct some maintenance while at port. Check-in will now take place between 5:30 PM & 7:30 PM. We kindly ask that you arrive after 5:30 PM. We apologize for this delay, as we understand the excitement to start your cruise. As a result, we are providing each guest with $25 onboard credit to help offset any lunch expenses created by this delay. This credit will be added to your onboard account during your cruise. I would like to know how dinner is going to be handled now with the delay because I don't want to be sitting down in the dining room eating and then have to jump up for the muster drill. What time is the muster drill going to happen since we are delayed. Also we plan to buy the drinking package once we get on board but I don't think it is fair to pay full price for Monday do they normally discount the package when this happens. Sorry I have so many questions but this is the first time I am dealing with this and it would be nice to get some feedback from other passengers that this has happened too.

They are blowing out the water pipes for cleaning.

Me, I would simply eat in the Windjammer, as we did on our Alaska cruise ( and will do so on our upcoming cruise out of San Juan) which both have late sail away and muster around dinner time.

This is an ongoing situation. There has been a thread about it just about each time it has occurred. Here is one, with answers to most/all of your questions:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2455271

Thanks for the info; this is our cruise too.

One question not answered in the thread referenced: what do you think we can we use the $25 pp OBC on? We haven't paid our tips yet and I was thinking that might be a good use of it.

PHXscuba

Thanks for the info; this is our cruise too.

One question not answered in the thread referenced: what do you think we can we use the $25 pp OBC on? We haven't paid our tips yet and I was thinking that might be a good use of it.

PHXscuba

The $25 will be applied to whatever you have charged to your Seapass card. If you haven't paid your gratuities then those will be charged daily to your Seapass card and the $25 will be deducted from your final bill.

Me, I would simply eat in the Windjammer, as we did on our Alaska cruise ( and will do so on our upcoming cruise out of San Juan) which both have late sail away and muster around dinner time.

Why do that for San Juan? They delay dinner to get the first muster done. No one has to leave dinner for first muster drill. Not sure about if you board even later but for the earlier muster it doesn't interfere with dining.

If you didn't go to the mdr first night in Alaska it might have been the same there too but you might not know.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm guessing they will push back muster drill to the next morning

Wrong!!! We have been through this on MJ recently. Muster will occur before departure in the early evening.

Dining is done much like lunch in the MDR. You show up to eat and are seated at the next available open table with others waiting in line.

On our recent Enchantment sailing with delayed boarding- the muster drill was scheduled between the two dining seatings.

First seating was allowed to move up 30 min, too. (I didn't see what happened to the second seating- we ate early).

That was last month for the 2/17 sailing (which had a different reason to sail late).

Why do that for San Juan? They delay dinner to get the first muster done. No one has to leave dinner for first muster drill. Not sure about if you board even later but for the earlier muster it doesn't interfere with dining.

If you didn't go to the mdr first night in Alaska it might have been the same there too but you might not know.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Muster was scheduled for right in the middle of our MTD dining time reservation in Alaska this last August.....but of course you already know what time we eat dinner. :rolleyes:

And oh sure...."I might not know" ;)

Edited by island lady

Wrong!!! We have been through this on MJ recently. Muster will occur before departure in the early evening.

Dining is done much like lunch in the MDR. You show up to eat and are seated at the next available open table with others waiting in line.

Thanks Ian....the usual voice of reason! :D

Actually we do not mind eating dinner in the WJ....and have been doing that a lot lately, especially when we get too "chatty" in the CL or DL or don't like what is on the menu for that night in the MDR. ;)