Princess Cays Sanctuary Bungalow

jennybenny

When I was researching my cruise I had a hard time finding any info on these so figured I'd post some of the photos we took on our cruise in April

We were In the first sanctuary bungalow, 19, with a view of the ship, we got the seafood meal for 2, it was plenty for 3, I did not get a good photo of the food... we ate it too quickly! Service was slow on drinks,but it was a good experience. Short walk to the bathrooms too. I would probably do the regular bungalows next time to be closer to the bar.

Oh and we were incorrectly charged for our drinks there and had to go twice to guest services to get it resolved. No biggie, just a pain

Still, we enjoyed the bungalow and would do it again

ae8f7e83be8172b4bf45e7e67feecad4.jpg, 2d649fef684a24bfc2de1903a46d2de3.jpg010e458681a4a40d098f68d28ad58791.jpgb1a49f8b19fac5faa3b5e617a07cc2af.jpg2e8693c2f96d6f407ea136bceb3629a6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's the charge for Bungalows & how do you reserve them?

In your Personalizer, click on Shore Excursions, then on the port of Princess Cay. Choose what you want. We got the Clam Shell (with 2 lounge chairs) for $30.

The Private Bungalow is $199.99 for 6 hrs. This rental is sold by the bungalow. Please book per bungalow. Each bungalow can accommodate up to four guests. One ticket is valid for up to four people. Two additional people are allowed at $25.95 per person (sold onboard only). Passengers may be charged for any items removed from the bungalows. There may be a short wait for the motorized cart transfer to the bungalows. Please be advised that beach and ocean access is approximately a 3 minute walk. Additional amenities may be included for a supplemental charge, such as a gourmet picnic. Ask for details at the Shore Excursion Desk onboard. All bungalow rentals now include two complimentary float rentals. This rental is sold on a NO-REFUND basis after closing time for cancellation. Please see the posted time on the Tour Order Forms onboard.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Sanctuary Bungalow is $249.95. Minimum age for occupancy is 18 years old. This rental is sold by the bungalow. Each bungalow can accommodate up to four people. Two additional people are allowed at $25.95 per person (sold onboard only). Please book per bungalow not per person. One ticket is valid for up to 4 people. All bungalow rentals now include two complimentary float rentals. Please be advised that beach and ocean access is approximately a 3 minute walk. Additional amenities may be included for a supplemental charge, such as a gourmet picnic. Ask for details at the Shore Excursion Desk onboard. This rental is sold on a NO-REFUND basis after closing time for cancellation. Please see the posted time on the Tour Order Forms onboard.

We did the clamshell last time. Honestly, if we sail Princess again, we'll probably just stay on board that day and enjoy a mostly empty ship.

I'm with you. Personally I avoid any itinerary that even calls on Princess Cay. Been there only once. It's not worth the tender trip and I would never pay $200-$250 to sit in a shed.

Good review and thanks for posting. We too like the bungalows and have found the price to be comparable to land based resorts that rent cabanas (basically a tent with no ac). One thing I love about cruising is that each person can do what they want, those that want to go ashore and spend their day in a bungalow or those that wish to stay on the ship can. But I too will pass up Princess Cays on the day I see a Diamond International store there or they start having art auctions on the beach.

I'm with you. Personally I avoid any itinerary that even calls on Princess Cay. Been there only once. It's not worth the tender trip and I would never pay $200-$250 to sit in a shed.

As you can see Princess has created something to sell people whether it's needed or not.

They've convinced enough of them to spend for an unneeded feature on the beach. Some people will spend money on just about anything.

I never realized there were two categories of bungalows. While I would not spend my $ on them, I respect others right to do so. That's what makes the world interesting -- we aren't all alike...

Thanks fir the education on bungalows.

We once rented a clamshell but it can get hot in them. Now we just get off early, find two loungers in the shade of a tree (or drag them to a tree if necessary), spend the morning on the beach and go back to the ship early before the tender lines get long.

What's the charge for Bungalows & how do you reserve them?

Thanks!

Tom😎

Sanctuary Bungalows $250 and adult only

Regular Bungalows $200 and are exactly the same.

We reserved on line prior to the cruise.

I never realized there were two categories of bungalows. While I would not spend my $ on them, I respect others right to do so. That's what makes the world interesting -- we aren't all alike...

Thanks fir the education on bungalows.

We once rented a clamshell but it can get hot in them. Now we just get off early, find two loungers in the shade of a tree (or drag them to a tree if necessary), spend the morning on the beach and go back to the ship early before the tender lines get long.

That may have been the way to go if we brought the kids,

I traveled with my mom and sister on this trip, for my mom's retirement. So, it was a treat for her.

I don't know that I would spend the extra $50 for the Sanctuary bungalows, but did like the ac in the small room (bungalow) and misters outside of it.

I would like to use the bungalows but I can't justify the cost. We are going with my in-laws in January and may splurge and get one for them (not that I won't enjoy it!) As far as the clamshells we wait until we get to Princess Cay if it looks like it might rain or it is not to hot we rent one then. We have been on Princess Cay when it was lightly raining and most people left, we stayed and remained nice and dry in clamshell.

I would like to use the bungalows but I can't justify the cost. We are going with my in-laws in January and may splurge and get one for them (not that I won't enjoy it!) As far as the clamshells we wait until we get to Princess Cay if it looks like it might rain or it is not to hot we rent one then. We have been on Princess Cay when it was lightly raining and most people left, we stayed and remained nice and dry in clamshell.

If it raining why not stay on the ship? :D

Glad that I am not the only one who thinks it is a waste of $$... that's money towards a shore excursion or another cruise.

We did the clam shell once and didn't use it. End up giving it to somebody else

As for the floats I usually pack a floatie.. then end up giving it away.

While the bungalow was nice this is the way to go for us. I would only add take a right when you get off the tenders and go over the bridge where there are fewer pax. Find loungers near the bar, food, bathrooms and swim area and put the $200 you saved towards beverages or whatever. By the time you get past lunch it's usually enough time on the beach anyway so we head back onboard.

When we had a bungalow we stayed until late in the day "to get our money's worth" and it took about an hour to get back on the ship. Standing in line with two young kids in the hot sun was not a great way to end the day.

The best way to do Princess Cays is to get there as early as possible, eat when they open & line up before 2 PM to return.

Waiting longer is a sure way to hit the long lines.

Thanks for the tip. Going in October for the first time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro