Timing is everything 🤔🤔

papae

I have made 10:00 flights easily out of MIA, but you need to be prepared to self carry everything off the ship yourself... Others will say "don't chance it" and things do happen, but it's totally doable...

This used to one of those regular posts that come up every other week. Has been awhile.

Many folks say they make it fine. Some say it is tight but doable. And, a handful say never, ever.

* Do self carry off

* Take a cab (transfers are slow and expensive)

* Have you stuff together and keep moving

* know what your backup plans are in case of delays

It's like flying in with a flight that lands 3 hours before ship departure... if everything goes well can it be done? Sure; if anything gets delayed is there any time for wiggle room? No. If you attempt it, have a back up plan. It's usually a better plan to book a later flight where you could fly standby if you got there in time for an earlier flight.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Due to circumstances beyond my control, I just got off the Escape on 8/5/17 with an 8:50 flight time with American Airlines in Miami. Was out of my cabin by 6 ish, went to O'Sheehans and ate breakfast, met up with the concierge at the Haven at 7 a.m. (My son & I both are Platinum Plus & have priority disembarkation) ship was cleared at 7:25 a.m., we walked off with our carry ons and was through security (customs) and out waiting for a taxi (yes waiting) where none were to be seen of yet (yellow cab) finally one pulled up, we got in the first one, to the airport, through security (we had TSA Pre-Check) & to our gate of departure by 8:00 a.m. TO my amazement...WOW !!!!!!! Holding my breath most of the way. Would I do this again. Absolutely not. BUT**** I will say that I'm the type that makes things happen vs. waiting for them to happen on their own. We were first in line for everything & hustled with a 17 year old son who had been up all night. When there are things out of your control (ship not getting cleared, or still out somewhere sailing around in circles) then it would be risky, although I've done 10:00 a.m. flights often. Good Luck to you.

Its been years since I flew out of Miami.I'm wondering if I could get off a ship

that docks At 7:00am and make a 10:00 am

Flight:confused:

It is possible, but you are going to have to use self disembarkation, and have to hope that disembarkation actually begins at 7:00. While it is possible, it is very risky and since most airlines have little extra capacity these days, if you miss your flight it might take two or three days to get home. Is that a risk you are willing to accept.

I appears that you will be on the Sky, which is a smaller ship that usually empties quicker than the large ships, BUT you will have been to Cuba so ICE may take extra time in examining passengers as they disembark. It is going to be really tight thinking that you can be at MIA by 8:00 - 8:15 which is when you need to be there for a 10:00 flight.

There is a reason NCL recommends not booking flights out of MIA before 11:30.

Thank you all

I moved my flight to 12:30

I thought it might be close. BUT why take the chance

Thank you all again

Very sensible thing to do!!

Why stress yourself out at the end of a very enjoyable relaxing cruise!

Ours is at 5pm - we have no choice as it's the only flight home from Miami every day - we'll stay on ship until we are evicted, lol.

Thank you all

I moved my flight to 12:30

I thought it might be close. BUT why take the chance

Thank you all again

Very smart move. Now you will not have to rush getting off. While I don't necessarily like it I would much rater wait at the airport than stresss about getting to the airport on time.