Carnival Splendor to be Based in Sydney Year-Round

LauraS

What ship will be replacing the Splendor out of Long beach, let the guessing begin???
I wonder the same thing? Perhaps a Conquest class? If I understand, Riviera cruises are doing well, as well as the expansion of the terminal may justify a Dream class ship?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

What ship will be replacing the Splendor out of Long beach, let the guessing begin???

Well if Splendor is moving in December 2019 there are only 3 ships without an announced schedule at that time. Panorama, Legend, and Miracle. I'm guessing they will put Panorama out there. I am curious what happens with Legend. They way I read the announcement it said Splendor will be joining Spirit in Australia, so does that mean Legend will stay in America? Legend has its entire schedule in Alaska for 2019 posted but there is no repositioning cruise posted at the end of that season.

They always place new ships in Miami first so it won't be panorama and all of the dream class is scheduled into 2020. I would bet a conquest class on the west coast

The Conquest class ships are scheduled out just as far as the Dream class ships.

Just because Dream & Conquest class are scheduled, does not mean Carnival cannot change that schedule.

Why would they change a schedule they just released a few weeks ago? I cannot imagine that someone at Carnival woke up this morning and all of a sudden decided that Splendor was going to Australia.

Well if Splendor is moving in December 2019 there are only 3 ships without an announced schedule at that time. Panorama, Legend, and Miracle. I'm guessing they will put Panorama out there. I am curious what happens with Legend. They way I read the announcement it said Splendor will be joining Spirit in Australia, so does that mean Legend will stay in America? Legend has its entire schedule in Alaska for 2019 posted but there is no repositioning cruise posted at the end of that season.

What we have heard here DownUnder (Sydney Australia) is.

Splendor (We spell it Splendour) is going to be all year round based out of Sydney.

Spirit; will be going to Brisbane. they are getting a upgrade on there passenger terminal (it can only handle very smaller cruise ships at the moment); will be able to handle bigger ones in Summer of 2019.

The Legend is still going to be going back & forth to each summer season. it will sail mainly out of Melbourne...

We are happy here in Oz..

What we have heard here DownUnder (Sydney Australia) is.

Splendor (We spell it Splendour) is going to be all year round based out of Sydney.

Spirit; will be going to Brisbane. they are getting a upgrade on there passenger terminal (it can only handle very smaller cruise ships at the moment); will be able to handle bigger ones in Summer of 2019.

The Legend is still going to be going back & forth to each summer season. it will sail mainly out of Melbourne...

We are happy here in Oz..

Travel Daily published today said that the Carnival Legend will be remaining in USA after the 2019 Alaskan season. Also an increase in capacity by 66% is only 1 spirit class and the Carnival Spendor here.

Keep in mind that Carnival goes up another ship the following April - it might make sense for Carnival to keep Legend in Long Beach through the winter of 2019-2020, and not to move the bigger hardware to Long Beach until demand picks up in late Spring/early Summer 2020.

Keep in mind that Carnival goes up another ship the following April - it might make sense for Carnival to keep Legend in Long Beach through the winter of 2019-2020, and not to move the bigger hardware to Long Beach until demand picks up in late Spring/early Summer 2020.

I suppose that is possible but they would still need a new home for Panorama in Fall 2019. Surely there will be an announcement on that soon. I am gonna stick with my prediction that she will replace Splendor in Long Beach. Of course that's just a guess, lol.

I suppose that is possible but they would still need a new home for Panorama in Fall 2019. Surely there will be an announcement on that soon. I am gonna stick with my prediction that she will replace Splendor in Long Beach. Of course that's just a guess, lol.

Panorama ..... Long Beach......???? I really would doubt that. Way to much draw for a new ship to put her in a home port that has limited destinations (unless they changed that also....).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
Panorama ..... Long Beach......???? I really would doubt that. Way to much draw for a new ship to put her in a home port that has limited destinations (unless they changed that also....).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You may have forgotten that the Splendor's home port was Long Beach when she was new.

You may have forgotten that the Splendor's home port was Long Beach when she was new.

While I was dead wrong about where she would end up (the Panorama) I certainly have not forgotten the Splendor going to Long Beach when she was new. The Canal could not accommodate her so they had to sail her around South America. It was a disaster of epic proportions from many perspectives, the swine flu, the fire that disabled the Splendor and she had to towed back to San Diego. Lastly, the west coast could not fill her and they sailed her back around South America to a much more profitable east coast.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

While I was dead wrong about where she would end up (the Panorama) I certainly have not forgotten the Splendor going to Long Beach when she was new. The Canal could not accommodate her so they had to sail her around South America. It was a disaster of epic proportions from many perspectives, the swine flu, the fire that disabled the Splendor and she had to towed back to San Diego. Lastly, the west coast could not fill her and they sailed her back around South America to a much more profitable east coast.

I remember when she debuted, Carnival had humorous TV commercials geared toward our local market that touted its "new ship smell". :) I'll be glad to smell that again!

I remember when she debuted, Carnival had humorous TV commercials geared toward our local market that touted its "new ship smell". :) I'll be glad to smell that again!

Great ad, best part was the guy that did the smelling was on the bridge and he smelled the captain who was stoically standing there and the captain turns to him and says “get out”.