onboard credit

preston

They are now offering on board credit if you book a cruise .I booked a month ago ,do you think I can get it also?

Yes! I emailed my Personal Cruise Consultant and she was able to get the extra OBC for us. I think there are some limitations. I have heard that if your category is sold out, you cannot get the credit. But it's definitely worth calling/emailing.

They are now offering on board credit if you book a cruise .I booked a month ago ,do you think I can get it also?

In most cases, it is considered a cancellation and rebooking. You can get the new OBC offer, but would lose any "special" offers (i.e., not one of the normal 5) that you got. Some of the "specials" over the past few months have included Tax Free (around US tax day), Take All Five, and most recently $1 deposits. You would get the OBC and whatever the current promotions are,,,, assuming that you are still before final payment.

In most cases, it is considered a cancellation and rebooking. You can get the new OBC offer, but would lose any "special" offers (i.e., not one of the normal 5) that you got. Some of the "specials" over the past few months have included Tax Free (around US tax day), Take All Five, and most recently $1 deposits. You would get the OBC and whatever the current promotions are,,,, assuming that you are still before final payment.

I was able to get the extra OBC added for the current promotion, even though we are already in final payment. Best thing to do is call/email your PCC and see if there is anything they can do for you.

THANK YOU to everyone posting about this. I went to the NCL website and it still has the 5 "free" offers PLUS up to $500 OBC. I just emailed my PCC to see if I could get any OBC added to my booking.

I will post here later what I find out.

THANK YOU to everyone posting about this. I went to the NCL website and it still has the 5 "free" offers PLUS up to $500 OBC. I just emailed my PCC to see if I could get any OBC added to my booking.

I will post here later what I find out.

I emailed mine 2 days ago, no response, tried calling their direct line and got rerouted to some main #. I'm starting to wonder if they've left :(

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

I emailed mine 2 days ago, no response, tried calling their direct line and got rerouted to some main #. I'm starting to wonder if they've left :(

I got the auto-reply from my PCC. She is on vacation and wont be back till the 10th. She gives another PCC for new bookings or changes so I will try him later today. Lots of people on vacation this week so its tough. I just wonder how long the OBC deal will last.

I got the auto-reply from my PCC. She is on vacation and wont be back till the 10th. She gives another PCC for new bookings or changes so I will try him later today. Lots of people on vacation this week so its tough. I just wonder how long the OBC deal will last.

The Terms & Conditions of the current offer say it ends July 16.

Thanks for posting this. I booked directly with NCL and have no PCC. Will be calling today to see if the credit can be applied.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Same here, no PCC (fired them year ago), always book online w/NCL. Called the main number today and after a slightly annoying 20 minute listen to their music/ads got a $500 OBC instantly added to my 2019 booking for nothing! That's $25 a minute and made the wait MUCH less annoying!

BOOM!

I booked about a week ago, happily as the price has since increased, but did the previous promotion, which looks the same, but with no onboard credit? Can someone advise on what to say to get the credit applied or am I out of luck because the room costs more now. Thanks!

Same here, no PCC (fired them year ago), always book online w/NCL. Called the main number today and after a slightly annoying 20 minute listen to their music/ads got a $500 OBC instantly added to my 2019 booking for nothing! That's $25 a minute and made the wait MUCH less annoying!

BOOM!

Congrats! We sail on 10 days, so I couldn't get the promo. However, there was a price drop so I did receive a $25 OBC. Better than nothing.

I booked about a week ago, happily as the price has since increased, but did the previous promotion, which looks the same, but with no onboard credit? Can someone advise on what to say to get the credit applied or am I out of luck because the room costs more now. Thanks!

You won't be able to get it because the room costs more now. Well, to be more accurate, you could get it, but you would also have to pay the difference in fares between your original booking and the current price. I am booked on three upcoming cruises. I was able to get it on my October cruise, because prices are still the same as what I paid. It's not offered at all for my February cruise, so no change there. And I was told that since prices have gone up for my November 2019 cruise, it wouldn't make sense to re-book for the OBC, since it's less than the current price difference.

Well is the new OBC more than the increase over the price you paid? If so then you literally just call them and say "I'd like the new onboard credit applied to my booking please". You will pay the new price but net out better off at the end. It's essentially an instantaneous cancel and re-book - caveat the cabins are not sold out etc... Obviously if the increase is greater than the value of the new OBC, no point.

You won't be able to get it because the room costs more now. Well, to be more accurate, you could get it, but you would also have to pay the difference in fares between your original booking and the current price. I am booked on three upcoming cruises. I was able to get it on my October cruise, because prices are still the same as what I paid. It's not offered at all for my February cruise, so no change there. And I was told that since prices have gone up for my November 2019 cruise, it wouldn't make sense to re-book for the OBC, since it's less than the current price difference.

Thank you! Makes perfect sense!

I did a mock booking and my cabin has not changed in price. Still waiting to connect with my PCC. Hope I can score the OBC

Edit: My Encore price stayed the same. That cruise is booked. I was going to book Jade Feb 2019 and that cruise has went up $200. So its a wash with the OBC :(

Edited by david_sobe

I did a mock booking and my cabin has not changed in price. Still waiting to connect with my PCC. Hope I can score the OBC

Edit: My Encore price stayed the same. That cruise is booked. I was going to book Jade Feb 2019 and that cruise has went up $200. So its a wash with the OBC :(

Don’t wait for that PCC . Your category could reach Sold Out which would not allow a re fare .

Call NCL and have anyone re fare you .

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My PCC was able to apply the new OBC ($700!!!) to my Nov reservation even though my category was sold out. She did say she couldn't do it on her own since it was sold out, that she had to ask a higher up. They had me on hold for a while, but nevertheless she got it done!

My PCC was able to apply the new OBC ($700!!!) to my Nov reservation even though my category was sold out. She did say she couldn't do it on her own since it was sold out, that she had to ask a higher up. They had me on hold for a while, but nevertheless she got it done!
Were you before or after final payment?

I was able to score $300 for August 3 Dawn to Bermuda for my wife and me for Aft Suite catagory. My PCC said she was surprised she could get it because we were paid in full. :)

My PCC is on vacation so called the main number and they said no to the OBC, since it was after final payment. My category also went up $130 for my Aug 5 to Bermuda also. :( I wonder if I email my PCC if that would be better or get me a different answer? I also had asked about upgrades and they said there are no more upgrades at all done by them only the online bidding? Is that accurate?

I too was told no by 2 supervisors. We are after final payment. A bit irritated that others seem to have gotten the additional OBC even after final payment. Their "policy" doesn't seem that consistent.

I think the policy is consistent. There is a cutoff date and at first they said yes when I called, but when I gave my sail date was told it is too close. I got a credit of $25 so I’m ahead. Plus, I have an angled balcony and made it clear I wasn’t changing my cabin.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums