Age of Holland America Cruise Critic Members

JBCall

What is your age (physical or mental)?  

396 members have voted

1. 1. What is your age (physical or mental)?

• 19 and under
    • 20-29
    • 30-39
    • 40-49
    • 50-59
    • 60-69
    • 70-79
    • 80 and up

I know from the responses to earlier threads that there is a variety of thoughts on the average ages of people who cruise with HA. So I thought I would poll everyone to see the average age of everyone who is posting.

So as to not offend anyone: if you do not want to give your actual age put down how young you feel you are. :)

50 going on 10. I refuse to grow up! :)

I think, though, that if you're looking for average age of HAL cruisers ... you're gonna get pretty much worthless results. What you probably want to know is the average age on various types of voyages ... the 7-day Alaska or Caribbean versus the longer, more exotic voyages. Those ages will be vastly different.

For what it's worth, I was told that the average age aboard my recent 30-day Hawaii/South Pacific voyage on the Amsterdam was around 73. However, on a typical seven-day Caribbean cruise on a Vista-class ship, it will often be in the low 50's and even sometimes high 40s.

Blue skies ...

--rita

This is a great idea for a poll, but we should all keep in mind that the demographics of HAL cruisers who actually use the internet enough to lounge around a cruising board are probably younger than their average passengers at large. And I somewhat disagree with kryos, in that I haven't found the destination to drastically alter the passenger mix on board. I could be wrong (what a shocker), but that's been my observation.

Well, I am 25 years old (physically) and probably 40-50yrs (mentally) I get along with older people more so than that of my age group. I am a first time cruiser on HAL this October with my DM (Dear Mother) it will be also her first cruise. :)

Hi! I've found that the farther from home, longer the cruise, the older the passengers on board. Me, I used to go for only 7 days and now that I am retired, try to go for longer cruises. It is much easier to get away for longer periods of time if you aren't tied to the job. I love HAL. Great cruise line.:D

Hi Mrskmirolla! I am your evil twin: I am a young 59 and my DH is a very young 63. I voted but said I was in my 40s, which is where I am mentally and more or less physically. If I could vote for DH, I'd put him in the 30-ish range.

Wow, I got to select the 40 - 49 category because it's currently 10:45 PM, Pacific Time, Feb 10, the day before my birthday. In one hour and 45 minutes, I'll have to go change my selection to th 50 - 59 range. What a difference a day makes ;) .

Headed to Las Vegas in the morning to celebrate but kind of wish I was going cruising.

Archived