How to attach photos?

The paper clip for attachments is the third button from the right on the top row, in the toolbars above the text box, which you'll see once you start posting or replying to a message.

Personally, I prefer inserting the image directly into the reply. Using the paper clip for attachments, you only get a little thumbnail in your post. If you have your photo already posted on some webspace (Picasa, PhotoBucket, Snapfish, etc.), you can insert the whole picture into your post, by using the "insert image" button (the yellow square with the mountain and sun on it, fifth button from the right on the second row of buttons). Pierces's thread explains all of this, but I figured I'd try my hand at explaining it again right here in your thread.

Here's an image inserted directly into the post, using the "insert image" button:

IMG_0623.JPG?imgmax=512

I host my pictures on Picasa. I went to my photo album, opened this particular picture, and right-clicked on it, then chose "Copy Image Location." Then, in this post, I clicked on the "insert image" button, and then pasted the copied image location into the space provided (hit ctrl+c to copy).

Hope that's helpful!

I went to my photo album, opened this particular picture, and right-clicked on it, then chose "Copy Image Location."

Then, in this post, I clicked on the "insert image" button,

and then pasted the copied image location into the space provided

Thanks for explaining:

it was working well, right up to when the pic was supposed to load

- and then up came Angelfire's idiot icon...grrr!

seems they don't allow cross-linking,

so if anyone's trying to link to an Angelfire pic of theirs

doesn't look like it's gonna work, dammit.

What a bummer

Gotta find myself another place - maybe webshots

• 2 weeks later...

Personally, I prefer inserting the image directly into the reply. Using the paper clip for attachments, you only get a little thumbnail in your post. If you have your photo already posted on some webspace (Picasa, PhotoBucket, Snapfish, etc.), you can insert the whole picture into your post, by using the "insert image" button (the yellow square with the mountain and sun on it, fifth button from the right on the second row of buttons). Pierces's thread explains all of this, but I figured I'd try my hand at explaining it again right here in your thread.

Here's an image inserted directly into the post, using the "insert image" button:

IMG_0623.JPG?imgmax=512

Hope that's helpful!

C-Ked, that is a beautiful pic. Where was that? I love it and thanks for sharing. :D

First download your pic on www.photobucket.com, then copy the img code by right clicking on the code (which is next to the photo you want), and then paste into your reply thread on CC. Easy!

I have done this and it works great, however, the picture comes up pretty big. How do I get the size that C-Ked posted? Bigger than a thumbnail, but not this size:

100_3297.jpg

• 4 years later...
Did you take a larger picture and downsize it to this size? If so, how does one do that? Thank you.

YES, that "downsizing" is a key step. Here is the process outline that I put together and steps I have used. Plus a couple of fun examples from cruising last June in the Med.

For posting larger photos to these boards, your FIRST STEP is pick an outside web source that will store or “host” your pictures to be posted. Cruise Critic does not have the space to do larger pictures on their site. You can check such places as photobucket.com, imageshack.com, photoshow.com, flickr.com, picasa.google.com etc. I’ve used photobucket.com and have been pleased with how they upload, etc. SECOND, you need to make an export of your picture in a size such as around 1000 pixel wide by about 700 to your desktop of your computer. That’s the approximate size that I use for this purpose. If you make your file too big for posting, then it slows the process and takes long to upload, etc. THIRD, you use this outside web host to which you upload these different pictures sitting on your desktop. FOURTH, after uploading each picture, you will make a copy of that imbedded address in your file for future posting purposes. It will have have the square parentheses or bracket symbols before and after the capital letter IMG at the start and end of this location on your photo storage site.

Then as you want to post each different picture, you would, FIFTH STEP, copy and paste that imbedded address file for each picture as a part of your message on the CC Boards. In my files, I also have brief written description of each picture and have them grouped by the different city or country locations. With this imbedded file address, the reader on these boards doesn’t have to check on anything or paste to their web browser. It just pops up showing the picture. Does this help? Let us know how it works out and/or any added questions. It will hopefully pop up as these couple of pictures do below. You can preview your post to see if it's working OK before doing the actual post to these CC boards.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 83,862 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

When the sun was setting as the Celebrity Solstice sailed from Rome to Naples, here was the visual on the back lawn on the ship’s top, back level. Dramatic and beautiful!!:

SolsticeSunsetBackLawn.jpg

In Dubrovnik, we started with a local cab driver who gave us a “panoramic tour”, including crossing this unique bridge near the main cruise ship docking area. Then we drove up and up through narrow twisting roads to the high point overlooking Dubrovnik and near the cable car high station. From this point, we could also see part of Bosnia and and Montenegro. The “super star” view was down below with this angle of the harbor and walled city. Beautiful!!!:

2DubrOverallHighViewOne.jpg

Other posters are much more informed. This was my first experience. I uploaded our pix to shutterfly (free, they hope I'll buy product) and copied and pasted using the mountain icon in the rrply tool bar. SIzing was automatic. I made no sizing effforts.

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk 2

• 1 year later...
Oops! Can't seem to post pictures. I seem to only get a link. Then I thought maybe the picture will show up once I posted. Didn't work.

Same thing was happening to me but I realized the original photo was too large so I cropped it and then tried again and it worked. Maybe you can try that.

Oops! Can't seem to post pictures. I seem to only get a link. Then I thought maybe the picture will show up once I posted. Didn't work.

Nope, you just need to copy the right link. See the box to the right on your photobucket page for this photo - Links to Share this Photo? Copy the IMG link, and paste it in your post. Voila!

b0ed418a-1deb-481d-a1d6-72bc52bc7150_zps3d34739c.jpg

Is this what you're looking for? What I did was to click on the link in your earlier post to bring up the picture in Photobucket. The right-clicked on the photo, selected "Copy Image", came back to this post (i.e. where I wanted the photo to be), right-click and selected "Paste" - that's all.

Alternative - If you copy the link (like you did), you have to open the "Insert Image" dialogue here in Cruise Critic (click on the yellow square with the mountain), then paste the link you copied from Photobucket.

Good luck!

MtHoodWinter_zps807bfab8.jpg

Is this what you're looking for? What I did was to click on the link in your earlier post to bring up the picture in Photobucket. The right-clicked on the photo, selected "Copy Image", came back to this post (i.e. where I wanted the photo to be), right-click and selected "Paste" - that's all.

Alternative - If you copy the link (like you did), you have to open the "Insert Image" dialogue here in Cruise Critic (click on the yellow square with the mountain), then paste the link you copied from Photobucket.

Good luck!

MtHoodWinter_zps807bfab8.jpg

In Photobucket --- Right clicked only gave me an option of 'Copy'. And this is what I got.

http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad175/onebzemom/DSCF1032_zps9a26794d.jpg

I don't have any other option. I only get the 'Links to share this photo' box on the right.

And when I do paste to CC I don't have the little mountain icon.

I used to be able to post pictures. Now nothing is working. I think I am not set up to do it. I also think I have been messing with things I shouldn't be and screwed everything up.

I don't even have the little icons to bold letters and add the little smiley circles anymore.

I guess I need to wait for another rainy day and spend some time on the computer.

thanks for the help.