Man Overboard!

JanineM

Based on this contradicting statement, time will tell how accurate this report is.

"Both the Carnival Sensation and the Disney Wonder sail out of Port Canaveral on Thursdays.

They were both returning from cruises that left Central Florida on Sunday."

But yea, Carnival has the most man overboards of any cruise line.

I don't believe that it is possible to accidentally fall off of a cruise ship!

On my last cruise on the Monarch I saw kids (high school age) sitting in the windows on the pool deck. It would have been easy for them to fall backward and into the water. One of the other kids could have been messing with them by pretending to push them out and they went out.

But the key point here is that the kids I saw purposefully climbed up into the window and sat there.

I have not seen a single spot on a cruise ship with a window or railing where anyone could accidentally fall over. First they would have to climb up on or in it!

Based on this contradicting statement, time will tell how accurate this report is.

"Both the Carnival Sensation and the Disney Wonder sail out of Port Canaveral on Thursdays.

They were both returning from cruises that left Central Florida on Sunday."

But yea, Carnival has the most man overboards of any cruise line.

When I was on the Sensation, they had 3 and 4 day cruises, so they would leave PC on Sundays and Thursdays, as was Disney Wonder. So, it's not that inaccurate.

I also wonder HOW you can fall off the ship, unless you were doing some crazy stuff.

Well… I see two things..

1.) He was only in the water for about 90 minutes..

2.) He upgraded from Carnival to Disney..

90 minutes of time for this kind of upgrade doesn’t sound too bad… what else are ya doing between 11pm and 12:30am anyhow?

The upgrade fairy works in mysterious ways......

Now that's funny! :D

People who know that I love cruising often ask me if I am afraid of falling overboard... My reply has always been No... Have you ever heard of a kid falling overboard? It always seem to be an adult in the wee hours... :rolleyes:

Well, when I was on Carnival Imagination last New Year, I felt like abandoning ship quite a few times and did seriously consider flying from Cozumel back to Miami to avoid a full day at sea. So CLAUSTOPHOBIC .

There was an overboard situation not long after that again.

We were next to the Celebrity Constellation and having come off the Summit a few days earlier we wished there was some way to sneak onboard it!!

They were lucky indeed to be found and I'm sure they would have to pry them off the Disney ship

Carnival has more ships..more passengers...thus, more "overboards". It is simple numbers.

Glad this one had a good outcome.

MTE.

I guess if you calculate the ratio overboards/ passengers, it would probably be more or less the same for all cruise lines.

Carnival has more ships..more passengers...thus, more "overboards". It is simple numbers.

Agree..When you have the majority of ships afloat you will probably have a higher number of occurrences. Seems I have read somewhere about percentages and that number provides a different perspective.

I was on the Celebrity Zenith in 2005 and we damn near had several overboards. A bunch of rowdy college age kids were drinking and began what could only be described as a "full contact" shuffleboard match. When that lost its appeal to them the dorks decided to tightrope walk :eek: on the railing. I was about to call ship security, but someone beat me to it and about 4 ships officers came out and broke the little party up.:D

Carnival and RCCL have about the same numbers when it comes to ships for each cruise line. In this case, it's just another typical day in the world of Carnival cruising.:rolleyes:

Archived