Can we bring a small Christmas tree for our cabin on RCI?

Tini1

We are cruising on the Independence of the seas Dec. 12 out of Fort Lauderdale. We have never cruised in December before and I was wondering if anyone (cruisinmama) may have an idea how much RCI decorates their ships during the holiday season. We are travelling with our 3 year old son and we love the holiday season. I was considering brining our own decorations for our cabin and balcony (small christmas tree, lights etc). Do a lot of people do this or is this pretty uncommon? Would love to hear from anyone that has cruised during this time of the year on RCI.

Thank you!

Katrin

Folks do it all the time. Just remember that most cabins are nowhere NEAR the size of a hotel room...they are much smaller. Plan accordingly!

Don't put anything on the balcony that may blow away---when the ship is moving, the wind is quite strong!

Yes, Indy will be very decorated. As far as your cabin, some tips

-- only one usable plug in that cabin (that I can remember). So not alot of outlets, so keep lights at home.

--No decorations on the balcony because of fire hazards. The captain makes a request that everyone keep "all personal items" off the balconies just in case a spark from a cigarette blows onto the balconies. So no towels. No drying swim suits. And no christmas decorations. ;)

--what about wrapping your door like a present? Wrap it with wrapping paper. Or do what we did on a Carnival ship during the holidays, we brought a bag of inexpensive gift sticky bows. I let the kids stick them all over the door. They started migrating down the halls onto other doors. :D

Have a great time! The ship will be beautiful during the holidays!

Thank you everyone for your replies. I can not even remember that there was only one usable outlet in the entire cabin. We went on the Freedom in May (JS). We booked a JS again this time. What about extension cords? I really really would like to bring a small christmas tree and some lights :( Do you really think that is not possible???? Can not wait to see all the decorations on the ship. Did they have anything special going on for the little once?

Archived