Our Jewel T/A - Blarney Stones, Sour Whale Blubber; did I Mention Irish Whiskey?

SailorJack

SailorJack, I enjoyed your review tremendously! It's the funniest review I've ever read....

Your contribution was referred by another CC member in the roll call for the same itinerary you enjoyed, and which departs on September 3.

I'm really looking forward to this cruise!

Thanks again,

Sergio

While Sailor Jack's threads are always amusing and a delight to read, was there a real purpose for resurrecting a thread more than a year old?:confused:

Bill, you may want to ask Dzcruisers who posted this reference in our roll call for September 3. Perhaps they just wanted us to get a laugh...

Sergio

Bill, you may want to ask Dzcruisers who posted this reference in our roll call for September 3. Perhaps they just wanted us to get a laugh...

Sergio

If so, they probably achieved their purpose. I remember this thread from when we cruised on the Jewel TA with Sailor Jack. Just wondered if there was any other reason. Guess I was overanalyzing the situation.:eek:

SailorJack, I enjoyed your review tremendously! It's the funniest review I've ever read....

Your contribution was referred by another CC member in the roll call for the same itinerary you enjoyed, and which departs on September 3.

I'm really looking forward to this cruise!

Thanks again,

Sergio

It is always a pleasant surprise to see one of my reviews pop up again. Thanks for posting.:)

I know you will enjoy the cruise as much as we did. It was our first visit to most of the ports and that always makes for a grand time.

Have a great cruise!

Jack

these are mainly served at fish and chip shops,which as we know are very popular through out the world,much better for you than burger bars.I found the us food poor compared to english food.

What! The Hardee's Monster Thickburger with 1,450 calories and 121 grams of fat is not healthy! Tell me it aint so Joe!

There is no denying that mushy peas are healthier than a hamburger - but sometimes you just have to indulge.:)

By the way, I had an office in Leeds for many years and was first introduced to mushy peas when we would go out for fish and chips at lunch. And you are also correct that fish and chips are popular around the world. I was raised on them in Canada, enjoyed them in Australia, and always have them when they are served on the ship. We use to have a fish and chips chain here in the states, but sadly, it did not last.

Jack

Edited by SailorJack

While Sailor Jack's threads are always amusing and a delight to read, was there a real purpose for resurrecting a thread more than a year old?:confused:

It seems to be the theme this week around here........someone pulled up a 5 yr old one the other day then one that was 3 years old! :eek:

Who says the search engine doesnt work?:p

It seems to be the theme this week around here........someone pulled up a 5 yr old one the other day then one that was 3 years old! :eek:

Who says the search engine doesnt work?:p

I hope you aren't saying that it is wrong to bring up an old post? as a new poster, I am not yet aware of all the "do's and dont's.

I hope you aren't saying that it is wrong to bring up an old post? as a new poster, I am not yet aware of all the "do's and dont's.

I don't think Kathy was doing anything more than commenting on a phenomenon that recurs on here periodically. Occasionally, if one isn't careful to check the dates on the posts, some folks can find themselves responding to a thread that is years old and deals with an issue long since resolved. Some, like the thread in question, are enjoyable to re-read while others should have been allowed to fade into obscurity.:)

Bill

Are you sure you're not Dave Barry??? Love your reviews....well, actually, your writing style. If you wrote a review of your next grocery shopping trip, I'd read it!

Glad you enjoyed it... Dave was a favorite of mine as well! Love the comment about the shopping trip!:) Actually, I could probably write a story or two about some of my visits to Wal-Mart.:)

Edited by SailorJack

I don't think Kathy was doing anything more than commenting on a phenomenon that recurs on here periodically. Occasionally, if one isn't careful to check the dates on the posts, some folks can find themselves responding to a thread that is years old and deals with an issue long since resolved. Some, like the thread in question, are enjoyable to re-read while others should have been allowed to fade into obscurity.:)

Bill

Thanks Bill...............you hit it right on the head!

Glad you enjoyed it... Dave was a favorite of mine as well! Love the comment about the shopping trip!:) Actually, I could probably write a story or two about some of my visits to Wal-Mart.:)

Ah Walmart. As a Brit I have just been introduced to the people of walmart.

Based on that I am sure that your reviews would be very very entertaining.

Edited by Barnaby100

They've said that about me many times, Kathy.:D

I'm right there with ya,Bill!!:p:p It could be all the aluminum Diet Coke cans I have drank out of............It certainly can't be alcohol killing my brain cells.....;)(well,I dont think):p

DYNAIRE

Step 1. Fyndeth sum kut of olde tuffe meate

Step 2 Boileth til aul flavour hath byn kilt

Step 3. Serveth wyth sum kynde o rawe mashed roote – lyke tournipe, or paersnipe

Clearly, the English have not strayed far from their culinary roots, but, in evolving to a more discerning palate, they have added something called “mushy peas” to the vegetable mix. Made from marrowfat peas, the dish most closely resembles a thick, green, lumpy porridge, and often, during the cooking process, sodium bicarbonate is added to reduce what Wikipedia.org refers to as “later flatulence” – which explains why you rarely see mushy peas served at High Tea. (Note to self: avoid mushy peas at the group dinner tonight.)

STILL the funniest single passage on this entire site. :D:D:D

Edited by JohnGaltny

Sailor Jack,

Please compile all of these trip reports into a book so that I can take it on my first cruise as my 'great read' for the balcony. You have 18 months . . .

I might just have to print and pack them . . .

If you have an e-reader, then my reviews have already been compiled. A CC member compiled them for people who have e-readers and has made them available to other members.

If you have an e-reader, then my reviews have already been compiled. A CC member compiled them for people who have e-readers and has made them available to other members.

Do you have any idea how to get them? DH has a Kindle.

Thanks in advance.