"Real men don't do tea"

mizona

Yep, that is a direct quote by one of our traveling companions. My own DH was nodding vigorously in agreement. Our group of 6 (3couples) is sailing three weeks from TODAY!!! A dear friend and I ,both first time cruisers, have been looking forward to attending afternoon tea. Horrors of horrors, I asked my husband if he'd like to join us. Well..... So it looks like it will be the girlfriends afternoon. Will we indeed see only ladies there? Or can I serve my sweetie some humble pie? :p

Yep, that is a direct quote by one of our traveling companions. My own DH was nodding vigorously in agreement. Our group of 6 (3couples) is sailing three weeks from TODAY!!! A dear friend and I ,both first time cruisers, have been looking forward to attending afternoon tea. Horrors of horrors, I asked my husband if he'd like to join us. Well..... So it looks like it will be the girlfriends afternoon. Will we indeed see only ladies there? Or can I serve my sweetie some humble pie? :p

He knows not what he is missing - the scones with jam and clotted cream are great!!!

Ron

I guess I'm not a real man then (:rolleyes:) but my wife's and my first cruise together is in two months and I know afternoon tea will be on her agenda ... and I'll be joining her. Our hot beverage of choice at home is tea, anyway.

Well. my husband happens to agree with yours, so we had a girls afternoon for tea. It was really nice and we enjoyed ourselves. But there were ALOT of folks that apparently did not get the "ladies do tea" note, cause lots of folks looked like MEN!!

Although my DH and DS don't join my daughter and I for tea, we always see plenty of men there. And I always tell them just what Ron said - they don't know what they are missing!

Hey, you are my kind of people, although I have to admit, we have not made the tea on our past two or three cruises. One day we will have to try it in our room.

Ron

Yes, real men DO go to afternoon tea and I am glad they do! My husband and I went on our first cruise and one gentlemen at out table told me about Cruise Critic and all of the wonderful information! I have been using it ever since we came back and it has helped plan our future cruises!

Maria

That is true BUNK!!! Winston Churchill was a real man who took tea daily. I go to teas on ships and there are lots of "real men" there with their wives or ladies.

Hey, you are my kind of people, although I have to admit, we have not made the tea on our past two or three cruises. One day we will have to try it in our room.

Ron

Ron you won't believe just how much food they bring. I was almost embarrassed at just how much I didn't eat.

Mine went to tea with me not once but twice on our last cruise to Alaska. Real men will go to tea and make their women happy!

I love tea. I travel with my favorite brand where ever I go.

I have been to afternoon tea, but it is boring. The scones are wonderful but they try to give you the cheap tea these days.

Boring and high calorie food that is better for fattening up cattle than many men can tolerate. If hubby doesn't like it then don't try to force it. Have him go do something he likes doing so he wants to cruise more. In the end you will both be winners.

I tell the story often about the first time I wanted to go to tea on the Golden on our cruise to Alaska. I got that "looK" that clearly said, "I'll go just to be nice, but this is a one time thing and don't ask a second time". He never drinks tea at home.

You would have thought I was asking him to walk the plank as we walked in the dining room. BUT as the waiters came around with their platters of cookies, and pastries, and sandwiches, and scones he transformed into an entirely different person:D He loved almostly everything he put in his mouth and took seconds when the waiters came around a second time. I manged to stay quiet :eek: when the second time they asked if he wanted tea he said yes. He didn't have to drink tea and could have had something else but he actually said yes and drank it:eek:

After the first afternoon at tea every other afternoon that we were on the ship he was watching his watch and reminding me we had to go to tea. Since that sailing there have been days that he's gone to tea without me:eek: He enjoys meeting new people and never has a problem if for some reason I don't wish to go and just goes by himself. I still don't understand the fact that he drinks tea everytime he goes, but still never drinks it at home, but hey, he's happy and I don't ask questions!!;):)

If the men don't choose to go they are never going to know what they are missing! Their loss!

My DH seldom misses Tea at sea, he enjoys meeting new folks and learning about where they are from and such.

I tease, he just likes to be the only Man at a table of 9 women. He just grins & says others just don't know what they're missing.

I "real man" and I go to tea all the time. I consider it a warm up for dinner!! They have scones and jam and cookies and all kinds of things to eat. Actually I drink coffee so that is the only time I drink tea. My wife gets a big kick out of it. Your husband is really missing out.

Hi, there Mizona and bogeydi--from one of your soon-to-be cruisemates :):

My DH accompanied me to tea on our last cruise on the Coral--several of the guys from our Roll Call came, too, as a matter of fact--we planned a "fun dress-up event"--the girls wore hats, boas--the whole bit, and my DH (who HATES to dress up) even played along and wore his tuxedo t-shirt. He may even drag it out again to wear on the Emerald in 3 wks.;):p

They have quite a nice spread during the tea--if your DH goes, he's sure to find something he likes.:D

Linda

Archived