"Real men don't do tea"

mizona

[quote name='LETS PARTY'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]I'll let you in on a little secret (but don't let any one know I told you) the reason real men go to tea and keep coming back is....the crew spikes the mens tea & only the mens.....and you thought they were going because they like tea......[/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

Best response yet !!!!

Wow, I seem to have a knack for starting some very active threads!!! One of my first posted questions was about formal wear. That one got a little argumentative also. Guess DH will be napping ,one of his favorite afternoon activities, while I enjoy myself at tea time. I love that we all can go our own way and have a wonderful time doing everything or absolutely nothing. Only 19 more days Wooo hooo !!!!

[quote name='mizona']Yep, that is a direct quote by one of our traveling companions. My own DH was nodding vigorously in agreement. Our group of 6 (3couples) is sailing three weeks from TODAY!!! A dear friend and I ,both first time cruisers, have been looking forward to attending afternoon tea. Horrors of horrors, I asked my husband if he'd like to join us. Well..... So it looks like it will be the girlfriends afternoon. Will we indeed see only ladies there? Or can I serve my sweetie some humble pie? :p[/QUOTE]

Guess it depends on the kind of husband you have. Mine is right there with yours - "Tea? You have [I]got[/I] to be kidding!" (rolling eyes while saying that)

Come to think of it, my dad would do the same thing. So would my brother. Go figure. :rolleyes:

[quote name='bogeydi']So Mizona - has your DH decided to joini you and your friend for High Tea in a couple of weeks?[/quote]

I'm sure he will if the other FOUR of our traveling companions will. So, what do you think? Nice heated thread again, huh ! Gosh, I was honestly just curious as what to expect. "Can't we all just get along ??????"- quote from former coworker just before starting a rousing food fight.

[quote name='LETS PARTY'][FONT=Comic Sans MS]I'll let you in on a little secret (but don't let any one know I told you) the reason real men go to tea and keep coming back is....the crew spikes the mens tea & only the mens.....and you thought they were going because they like tea......[/FONT][/quote]

Sounds more like High Tea than Afternoon Tea :)

[quote name='coiran'][B]He knows not what he is missing - the scones with jam and clotted cream are great!!![/B]

[B]Ron[/B][/quote]

Clotted cream is wonderful if you wish to get DH arteries clotted so you can have the retirement portfolio to yourself :rolleyes:.

Sorry, I love tea but there is just too much bad food on cruises and this is one of the worst.

[quote name='Cruisin Bob']Clotted cream is wonderful if you wish to get DH arteries clotted so you can have the retirement portfolio to yourself :rolleyes:.

Sorry, I love tea but there is just too much bad food on cruises and this is one of the worst.[/QUOTE]

[B][COLOR="DarkGreen"]There's to much good food on a cruise ship to waste time with scones, biscuits & hot tea. Besides that I'd have to change out of my bathing suit. :)[/COLOR][/B]

Afternoon tea is one of the things DH and I look forward to. We really love their scones with fresh cream. We also really enjoy the music, which is often a live group. It is very relaxing to sit and listen to the music, while enjoying a hot cup of tea with scones. Sort of like sitting in the atrium, only you are guaranteed a seat.

I say,
What kind of a snot does that man of yours think he is? :mad: It's totally appalling that he will fail dismally in the social graces of the Empire.
I should say that he be properly attired should he decide to attend as true gentlemen do with their ladies on their arms.

It is only a dismal failure in the social graces...one who would ignore the highlight of the social afternoon by gathering with other ladies and gentlemen on the passenger manifest.

Fie, fie on you for failing your fair lady. :eek:
Holy crap, did I actually get that all out with a straight face? :D
No really, it's quite an enjoyable time that takes you back to the good old days when cruising the seas was the social thing to do. At least the ole boy needn't worry about a stiff wing-collared shirt, bowtie, morning coat and grey pinstrtiped trousers. :rolleyes:

Bein' a Scot dear, ye cannae beat awe them scones wi raspberry jam and clutted cream.

Ciao for now!!!

[quote=CRUZIN'NANA;21329859]Hi, there Mizona and bogeydi--from one of your soon-to-be cruisemates :):

My DH accompanied me to tea on our last cruise on the Coral--several of the guys from our Roll Call came, too, as a matter of fact--we planned a "fun dress-up event"--the girls wore hats, boas--the whole bit, and my DH (who HATES to dress up) even played along and wore his tuxedo t-shirt. He may even drag it out again to wear on the Emerald in 3 wks.;):p

They have quite a nice spread during the tea--if your DH goes, he's sure to find something he likes.:D

[B][I]Linda[/I][/B][/quote]

Hey Linda! Glad to hear all of the positive comments about the tea - nevertheless, my DH (the one who made the comment that is now the subject of this thread) still has no desire to attend. And I have to admit - I'll probably be with him and let Mizona and Lakerfan enjoy their tea! See you in a couple of weeks!

[quote name='mizona']I'm sure he will if the other FOUR of our traveling companions will. So, what do you think? Nice heated thread again, huh ! Gosh, I was honestly just curious as what to expect. "Can't we all just get along ??????"- quote from former coworker just before starting a rousing food fight.[/quote]

You DO have the knack, Mizona! The guys and I will probably be watching football while you and Lakerfan enjoy your tea!

[quote name='redwinegirl']Oh someone feel sorry for me, my husband has a dairy allergy so does not eat cakes etc so I never go to afternoon tea!!! How sad is that.:(

However I'm sure that if he could eat cakes etc he would be there.:)[/QUOTE]

Feel sorry for you?? Are you really incapable of going somewhere without your lord and master?

Stop that right now.. you are mortal,, you will die one day,, do what you want to do now,, it doesn't hurt anyone, and its not illegal,, now get moving.

My DH and I love going to tea. The only downside is that even with the little tiny portions, it's very easy to get filled up if you want to try one or two of everything they bring around (it's a LOT of options). My DH is not a big tea drinker but he does like it on the ship. We've even done the 'self serve' tea that they offer in the buffet.

I think all of my friends, both male and female, would consider me a man's man. When we have attended afternoon tea, I have usually been the instigator. The main reasons we do not attend regularly is due to conflict with other activities and the extra and unneeded calories. But I would be happy to be the "tea daddy" if one were needed.

Evidently these boys are afflicted with macho-man syndrom.:D The few times I have attended with the wife it was it was an enjoyable time. My wife would be the first to inform you I am all man. Go with your wife even if you dont want to, I am sure she has done things with you that were not her cup of tea.:)

[quote name='hunt182644']Evidently these boys are afflicted with macho-man syndrom.:D The few times I have attended with the wife it was it was an enjoyable time. My wife would be the first to inform you I am all man. Go with your wife even if you dont want to, I am sure she has done things with you that were not her cup of tea.:)[/quote]

Yeah, like going to hockey games!

Archived