"Real men don't do tea"

mizona

When is tea time and how much is it or do you have to be in suite to get it?

Tea is normally around 3pm

Have never been charged for the afternoon tea

No special attire is needed

As mentioned, tea is always free. Elite passengers can have afternoon tea in their cabins if they wish.

Men who DO NOT go to tea are afraid of their own masculinity. Don't be a wuss.

;);):D;);)

I'll let you in on a little secret (but don't let any one know I told you) the reason real men go to tea and keep coming back is....the crew spikes the mens tea & only the mens.....and you thought they were going because they like tea......

Yep, that is a direct quote by one of our traveling companions. My own DH was nodding vigorously in agreement. Our group of 6 (3couples) is sailing three weeks from TODAY!!! A dear friend and I ,both first time cruisers, have been looking forward to attending afternoon tea. Horrors of horrors, I asked my husband if he'd like to join us. Well..... So it looks like it will be the girlfriends afternoon. Will we indeed see only ladies there? Or can I serve my sweetie some humble pie? :p

Go enjoy the tea with your girlfriends and save the humble pie for another occasion. I could have gotten DH to go to tea or go dancing with me. Well more like I think I could have gotten him to go to tea if I bribed. However in cruising brides are frowned upon, so I didn't try. He took his nap during tea time which got him ready for the live band in the Wheelhouse bar. I was on my own in the disco:D

That is just not accurate!

Real men do attend afternoon tea on ships, and enjoy it!

REAL MEN do whatever they want to do without worrying about what others will think, whether it's tea or quiche or anything else!

Men who DO NOT go to tea are afraid of their own masculinity. Don't be a wuss.

;);):D;);)

I agree with all of the above quotes. There are many REAL men who go to tea and all of the men on or roll call to Hawaii are really looking forward to it. It's fun and you meet terrific people! It's one more event to meet people and enjoy the scones and jam and clotted cream....yummy!!!

Yep, that is a direct quote by one of our traveling companions. My own DH was nodding vigorously in agreement. Our group of 6 (3couples) is sailing three weeks from TODAY!!! A dear friend and I ,both first time cruisers, have been looking forward to attending afternoon tea. Horrors of horrors, I asked my husband if he'd like to join us. Well..... So it looks like it will be the girlfriends afternoon. Will we indeed see only ladies there? Or can I serve my sweetie some humble pie? :p

Jeez, guess my brother, the retired police officer, will have to miss the tea next time we all travel.....and my brother-in-law, the firefighter....to say nothing about my late teen grandson who is easily humiliated when he thinks his manhood has been in question....:D

You gals enjoy the tea....it's very nice..and you can flirt with all the guys who show up..after all, you're on a cruise.:D.

[quote name='JAMS1']My DH seldom misses Tea at sea, he enjoys meeting new folks and learning about where they are from and such.
I tease, he just likes to be the only Man at a table of 9 women. He just grins & says others just don't know what they're missing.[/quote]

Sounds like the perfect spot to find cougars. ;)

Quite honestly, this doesn't sound like my "cup of tea".

What exactly goes on at "tea" besides tea and pastries? I suppose my default on a sunny "at sea" afternoon is veging out by the pool, doing some reading, watching a movie at MUTS, and going for frequent swims or even heading to the gym.

[quote name='Ljberkow']Sounds like the perfect spot to find cougars. ;)
[/QUOTE]

At Tea you will find folks of all ages, Men, Women & entire families enjoying an afternoon function.

Never seen Cougars trolling, but I might have my radar off since my DH joins me for tea.

Well, I have done tea many times..

For me, its more related to what activities we are doing, and when we are doing dinner. My dad for example, doesn't do tea, but is first in line for dinner at 5:30.

On my last cruise with my gf, we did tea virtually every day we were on ship, but didn't go to dinner till 8:30pm.

The food is just too good.

[quote name='mizona']Yep, that is a direct quote by one of our traveling companions. My own DH was nodding vigorously in agreement. Our group of 6 (3couples) is sailing three weeks from TODAY!!! A dear friend and I ,both first time cruisers, have been looking forward to attending afternoon tea. Horrors of horrors, I asked my husband if he'd like to join us. Well..... So it looks like it will be the girlfriends afternoon. Will we indeed see only ladies there? Or can I serve my sweetie some humble pie? :p[/quote]

Real men don't have their sexuality threatened by a hot beverage...

Mike

One of the best things about Princess cruises is that tea is offered each afternoon in the dining room. I miss it when we sail on other cruise lines. They usually offer just one tea in the dining room per cruise--at least that was our experience on HAL and Celebrity ships. HAL at least has tea every day, just not in a dining room.

Archived