"Real men don't do tea"

mizona

[quote name='mizona']Yep, that is a direct quote by one of our traveling companions. My own DH was nodding vigorously in agreement. Our group of 6 (3couples) is sailing three weeks from TODAY!!! A dear friend and I ,both first time cruisers, have been looking forward to attending afternoon tea. Horrors of horrors, I asked my husband if he'd like to join us. Well..... So it looks like it will be the girlfriends afternoon. Will we indeed see only ladies there? Or can I serve my sweetie some humble pie? :p[/quote]

Hope your sweetie like his pie:D

My brother, father, brother in law and sons drink more tea then I do...and I drink alot!!!

My husband desn't drink tea.....:rolleyes:...but he has had high tea on the ship and liked it

[quote name='quincytoo']Hope your sweetie like his pie:D

My brother, father, brother in law and sons drink more tea then I do...and I drink alot!!!

My husband desn't drink tea.....:rolleyes:...but he has had high tea on the ship and liked it[/quote]

Are you sure he had high tea (it would be in the Horizon Court) not afternoon tea? We had some guests stay last week and walked through the Empress Hotel during afternoon tea, now $55, and were made desperately hungry from the visuals.

My partner always wants to do the afternoon tea. I told her to go ahead and she could find me in the bar. I drink ice tea (southern thing) but without the sugar. I do not like hot drinks of any kind including tea. She drug me into an afternoon tea in York, UK a decade ago. I don't like the funny food they serve either. So for me nothing missed. I agree "real men do not do afternoon tea!".

Now if they had afternoon happy hour with a pint of draft Guiness and some suitable entertainment (I will leave it up to the reader to determine it), I would be first in line. BTW that was my favorite repast in Ireland. Beer has food value and no fat!

Yes real men do tea--have been on at least 12 cruises which have high tea and attend them all of the time. This is one of the things which my wife and myself look forward to and attend at most costs. The tea and food is great and yes there are many ladies there without their mates.
You men have got to try this at least once if you do not like it then it is your choice but you are missing out.

[quote name='satxdiver']My partner always wants to do the afternoon tea. I told her to go ahead and she could find me in the bar. I drink ice tea (southern thing) but without the sugar. I do not like hot drinks of any kind including tea. She drug me into an afternoon tea in York, UK a decade ago. I don't like the funny food they serve either. So for me nothing missed. I agree "real men do not do afternoon tea!".

Now if they had afternoon happy hour with a pint of draft Guiness and some suitable entertainment (I will leave it up to the reader to determine it), I would be first in line. BTW that was my favorite repast in Ireland. Beer has food value and no fat![/quote]

My DH does iced tea without the suger and he is quite fond of Guiness. He is the most real man I know. He's man enough that if I want to do afternoon tea, he will gladly accompany me just to make me happy. That is the definition of a REAL MAN!

[quote name='captainron']...and some of the little munchies aren't that bad...scones and clotted cream. Just think what we'd pay at the Empress in Victoria for such a tea, and here we are on Princess getting it for nothing :rolleyes:

Ciao for now!!![/quote]

$55 per head!

[quote name='billet']Are you sure he had high tea (it would be in the Horizon Court) not afternoon tea? We had some guests stay last week and walked through the Empress Hotel during afternoon tea, now $55, and were made desperately hungry from the visuals.[/quote]

Oops, my bad..... it was afternoon tea..:)

Have you ever had the big Muckle tea at White Heather tearoom on Oak Bay Ave??? Now that's a high tea. Empress is a beautiful spot to dine in but not at that sticker price :(

Archived