Live from the Ruby Princess Med-T/A October 7, 2009

Woobstr112G

Our son is a xo of a navy cruiser and they all call them boats. Our other son is a helicopter pilot that flies off destroyer's and they all call them boats also. So it can be called whatever you want.

Sorry to disagree but they are called "cruise ships".

Don't kmow or care what term the navy uses.

I really hope you have a wonderful time in Paris. Regardless of what many people say it is a beautiful city. We will be taking ÿour"cruise next Oct. on the Ruby. Please let me know what you definately liked as well as what you did not like. We are booked in D222 which I know is not a covered mini-suite but we decided for the price it was a super deal. We like in FL so it'll be wonderful getting of the ship, having my daugher pick us up and being home before 10:00. You have a truly wonderful time, try to post but enjoy the ports and most of all...BE SAFE!!!

mrsboca@aol.com

Boat? Ship?? Who cares? It's just so nice to read the LIVE, even though I'm not there this year.

What's up with Trudy? I hope that she's OK. She really had a special Meet and Greet for us last year.

Hi to the Ann's and have a great time Bob and Holli

Boat? Ship?? Who cares? It's just so nice to read the LIVE, even though I'm not there this year.

What's up with Trudy? I hope that she's OK. She really had a special Meet and Greet for us last year.

Hi to you too Alice! ! ! ! I also wonder where Trudy is and if Evie had her baby yet.

Ann #1

Hi Alice, we are doing the TA FLL to Copenhagen next April come and join us!!!

Hi to Ann and Bob and Holli, wish we were there with you!

Terry and Lynn

Hi Alice, we are doing the TA FLL to Copenhagen next April come and join us!!!

Hi to Ann and Bob and Holli, wish we were there with you!

Terry and Lynn

Hi Terry and Lynn,

I am not with Bob and Holli. I am doing a TA in 3 weeks on the new Equinox from Rome to FLL. Your TA sounds great. I really want to do some of the Scandinavian countries but in 2011. 2010 is already planned.

Ann #1

Good morning to all from the beautiful Ruby Princess. Today is a leisurely day at sea before our port stop tomorrow in Naples. We have our meet & Greet at 1100hrs in Skywalkers. Over 200 people registered on the roll call, so I'm sure it will be a blast. Will be great to finally put some faces to names of great people I've been talking to.

Last night DW was feeling a little under the weather so we ordered from the dinner menu and had it delivered to our cabin. Food was fantastic and arrived on time.

Cruise is shaping up to be one for the record books. Ship is beautiful and crew is great. Still waiting on conformation if we were selected for the Chef's Table. More tomorrow.

Hope all are well.....:):):)

Bob

Hi Kathleen!!! It is sure quiet on board the Ruby since you left! We miss you guys. Just sailed out of Venice and it was great as the fog lifted and the sun was shining. It's a good thing because we did lots of shopping and need a rest. The After hours tour was amazing...you need to do it sometime. Talk to you soon!! Susan and Bob

Susan glad the after hours tour in Venice was so nice. I was just plain pooped and Carlos just couldn't make it without Bob there to lend a helping hand! Then we decided to soak up some ambiance in St. Mark's Sq. and dropped about $55 between sitting where a band was playing (cover charge) with 2 gelatos. It was a great relaxing afternoon.

Can't wait to hear all about the cruise to Lauderdale. Miss you two. Must plan another trip together.

Kathleen

Meet & Greet was a resounding success. It was very well attended. Was great to put faces to the screen names of the wonderful people on our roll call. This cruise is going to be one for the record books.....:):):)

Got a bit of bad news when we got back to the cabin. Seems the group of us that signed up for the Chef's Table wern't selected.....:(:(:( Oh well, maybe someone will drop out thereby creating space for us. Such is life.

Bob

Got a bit of bad news when we got back to the cabin. Seems the group of us that signed up for the Chef's Table wern't selected.....:(:(:( Oh well, maybe someone will drop out thereby creating space for us. Such is life.

Bob

Try talking to the MD about your cruise critic group wanting a separate Chef's Table. He might just agree.

Last night DW was feeling a little under the weather so we ordered from the dinner menu and had it delivered to our cabin. Food was fantastic and arrived on time.

Bob

Are you in a suite? I thought only suite passengers could order from the dinner / dining room menu. :confused: or are you refering to the room service menu?

Hello All. Tonite was a great dinner at Sabatinis with 12 Ruby Stars. Food was out of this world good. Hint to those that have yet to have the pleasure of dining at Sabatinis......Eat a light breakfast and nothing else all day.....:)

Tomorrow's port of call is Naples. We have a princess sponsored excursion to Capri booked that we will have to pass on due to DW needing to rest her back so she will be ready for Rome. Didn't get the tickets returned in time so unless they resell them, we'll eat the price of the tickets. Oh well, live and learn. We missed Rome last year because of her back so we both arn't taking any chances this year.

I've told other Ruby Stars, that are traveling in Naples, to post away so hopefully there will be some evaluations posted of both private and princess based excursions.

Take Care All

Bob

Bob,

Tell Holli to pace herself........when we went to Egypt I had bad knee problems and overdid it........it really cut into my enjoyment. Glad everything is going well. Wish we could have met everyone at the M and G. Have been talking to Trudy and we are having our own little version. Keep things going well.

Judy

I posted earlier and must have timed out so I shall post in segments. I don't feel like typing and typing.

We had a great meet & greet yesterday. Nice to put screen names, real names and faces together.

Last night we also went to Sabatinis for dinner (in fact we recommended that the Ruby Stars do it because the view of the Straits of Messina is great. We sat as is our tradition (we've done this 3 years running niw) at a specific table for two). There were no fireworks this year nor a thunder and lightning storm as in the previous two years. What can I say? I can't arrange everything.

We took the Princess Elite tour of the Amalfi Coast today. We've done it two times before (we love it obviously!) and had a great day. The day started out overcast with no view of Mt. Vesuvious as we traversed the Bay on our way over the mountain to the Amalfi coast. The coast was as beautiful as ever. The lemon and olive trees are about ready for harvest so the nets are beneath them and the flowers are still blooming in the window boxes and along the hillsides so everything is lovely. We had lunch at Le Sirenusr in Positano and were ready for a siesta afterwards but still had Sorrento to cover. I made a stop at the ceramic shop that I love in Amalfi so there is more ceramic ware heading home . It will probably get there before we do.

Tomorrow we're off to Rome. It will be busy there what with five canonizations going on. But we'll have a wonderful time I'm sure.

More later.

We took the Princess Elite tour of the Amalfi Coast today. We've done it two times before (we love it obviously!) and had a great day. The day started out overcast with no view of Mt. Vesuvious as we traversed the Bay on our way over the mountain to the Amalfi coast. The coast was as beautiful as ever. The lemon and olive trees are about ready for harvest so the nets are beneath them and the flowers are still blooming in the window boxes and along the hillsides so everything is lovely. We had lunch at Le Sirenusr in Positano and were ready for a siesta afterwards but still had Sorrento to cover. I made a stop at the ceramic shop that I love in Amalfi so there is more ceramic ware heading home . It will probably get there before we do.

Tomorrow we're off to Rome. It will be busy there what with five canonizations going on. But we'll have a wonderful time I'm sure.

More later.

Ann,

So happy to hear that you are having another wonderful time. Brings back lots of memories and makes me wish that I was there now unstead of having to wait until Nov. 5 when we cruise out of Rome on the Celebrity Equinox. I will be in Rome 3 days in advance of the cruise so gives us time to do more sightseeing there.

Continue to have an excellent time and will be waiting for more posts.

Ann #1 from Emerald last year

Archived