Live from the Ruby Princess Med-T/A October 7, 2009

Woobstr112G

Hope all is going well Holli and Bob. I was at work today and at lunch I picked up a New York paper I read every day and they have a column called "News of the Weird". One of the items they mentioned was about the Louvre in Paris. It said they now have a McDonalds there. You have to check that out for me Bob. Too funny.

Hello all. Well we finally made it to the Ruby. Got in from Paris at about 1430hrs and by 1600hrs we were on the ship. Luggage was a little tardy getting to us, so we had to eat in the dining room in blue jeans (:eek::eek::eek:). Holli & I are in a PH suite (R408). Same type of cabin we had on the Emerald for the same cruise last October. Our cabin steward “Angelito” from the Philippines seems great and very willing to please. Hopefully it holds out for the duration of the cruise. The Following is a list of ship officers for our cruise.

So far the Ruby seems spotless, what a beautiful ship. We had 2nd seating traditional in the Botticelli dining room. The dining room was a little scarce of diners as many fellow cruisers were still in town since we are overnight in port. The food was good to very good. We are sitting with a fine group of fellow “Ruby Stars” so our dining room experiences can only be great.

Our big sailaway party is tomorrow. We were originally going to open up my balcony and an adjacent member’s balcony. However this very wonderful lady had to cancel at the last minute due to medical reasons. She is one special woman and we will all miss her. So with this in mind, the sailaway party on my balcony could get a little crowed.

In case anyone is curious, here is a list of the ship’s officers for the rest of this cruise.

1. Capt. Tony Yeomans

2. Staff Captain Gavin Pears

3. Chief technical Officer Robin Sutherland

4. Passenger Services Director Andreas Pitsch

5. Cruise Director James Ibrahim

6. Senior Doctor Phillip Brooks

7. First Purser Food & Beverage Guenther Kopf

8. First Purser Administration Deirdre Doyle

9. staff Engineer Officer Vincenzo Alfi

10. Staff Electro-Technical Officer Vito Sasso

11. Executive Housekeeper Anthony Keay

12. Executive Chef Michele Cozzoli

13. Maitre d’Hotel Jose Florencio

14. Environmental Officer Zeljko speranda

Take Care all….. JJJ

Bob

Bob,

Could you let us know if Generoso is the Maitre d' on board the Ruby. We're sailing the Ruby over Thanksgiving, and he told us last December that he would be on the Ruby for Thanksgiving and we look forward to seeing him again.

Thanks,

Generoso left to go home today and will not be back until earlt January.

Oooops, forgot to post this. Paris was absolutely wonderful. The dinner in the Eiffell tower was out of this world. The cruise on the Seine river was also very nice. But the show stopper was the Moulan Rouge show. It was one of the best live stage shows I've ever seen. A definete must for anyone who goes to Paris.

Bob

Hello all. Well we finally made it to the Ruby. Got in from Paris at about 1430hrs and by 1600hrs we were on the ship. Luggage was a little tardy getting to us, so we had to eat in the dining room in blue jeans (:eek::eek::eek:). Holli & I are in a PH suite (R408). Same type of cabin we had on the Emerald for the same cruise last October. Our cabin steward “Angelito” from the Philippines seems great and very willing to please. Hopefully it holds out for the duration of the cruise. The Following is a list of ship officers for our cruise.

So far the Ruby seems spotless, what a beautiful ship. We had 2nd seating traditional in the Botticelli dining room. The dining room was a little scarce of diners as many fellow cruisers were still in town since we are overnight in port. The food was good to very good. We are sitting with a fine group of fellow “Ruby Stars” so our dining room experiences can only be great.

Our big sailaway party is tomorrow. We were originally going to open up my balcony and an adjacent member’s balcony. However this very wonderful lady had to cancel at the last minute due to medical reasons. She is one special woman and we will all miss her. So with this in mind, the sailaway party on my balcony could get a little crowed.

In case anyone is curious, here is a list of the ship’s officers for the rest of this cruise.

1. Capt. Tony Yeomans

2. Staff Captain Gavin Pears

3. Chief technical Officer Robin Sutherland

4. Passenger Services Director Andreas Pitsch

5. Cruise Director James Ibrahim

6. Senior Doctor Phillip Brooks

7. First Purser Food & Beverage Guenther Kopf

8. First Purser Administration Deirdre Doyle

9. staff Engineer Officer Vincenzo Alfi

10. Staff Electro-Technical Officer Vito Sasso

11. Executive Housekeeper Anthony Keay

12. Executive Chef Michele Cozzoli

13. Maitre d’Hotel Jose Florencio

14. Environmental Officer Zeljko speranda

Take Care all….. JJJ

Bob

Thanks Bob for sharing with all of us. So wish we were with you now also. Please tell Holli that I said HI too.

Looking forward to all your future reports.

Oooops, forgot to post this. Paris was absolutely wonderful. The dinner in the Eiffell tower was out of this world. The cruise on the Seine river was also very nice. But the show stopper was the Moulan Rouge show. It was one of the best live stage shows I've ever seen. A definete must for anyone who goes to Paris.

Bob

Hi Bob,

just left the Ruby in Venice on 10/7. So sad. Boy, was I tempted to stow away for the TA!!

Please tell all the 30-dayers a hello for me, especially MGnut and Pinklavender. We shared tours on the first segment and really enjoyed meeting them.

I know all of you will enjoy your time on the Ruby. She is one beautiful ship. Hope the internet works a little faster for you than when I was on board. Next time I will have to bring my laptop and compose off line.

Have a great journey. That is what life is all about.

Kathleen (shootingstar07)

Hi Kathleen!!! It is sure quiet on board the Ruby since you left! We miss you guys. Just sailed out of Venice and it was great as the fog lifted and the sun was shining. It's a good thing because we did lots of shopping and need a rest. The After hours tour was amazing...you need to do it sometime. Talk to you soon!! Susan and Bob

We're onboard too. The ship is beautiful. As mentioned the fog lifted quite a bit before we left so we had a view of Venice - no mountains in the distance though as we were able to see last year. The sea is very calm and the sun is out and I think my DH is having a siesta on the balcony.

We spent three nights in Venice before we boarded and it was as lovely as ever. I find it amazing that each time we arrive there it takes my breath away as much as it did the first time.

Bob, thanks for starting the live from. Judy, Trudy, and all our other Stars who couldn't make the trip after all, We Miss you and are thinking of you and hope you'll all be well.

More later.

Ann

We're onboard too. The ship is beautiful. As mentioned the fog lifted quite a bit before we left so we had a view of Venice - no mountains in the distance though as we were able to see last year. The sea is very calm and the sun is out and I think my DH is having a siesta on the balcony.

We spent three nights in Venice before we boarded and it was as lovely as ever. I find it amazing that each time we arrive there it takes my breath away as much as it did the first time.

Bob, thanks for starting the live from. Judy, Trudy, and all our other Stars who couldn't make the trip after all, We Miss you and are thinking of you and hope you'll all be well.

More later.

Ann

Hi Ann, (cannot remember which # Ann you were last year on the Emerald)

Glad to get the reports from all of you on this year's TA on the Ruby. I am leaving in a few weeks to do a TA also but on the new Equinox starting in Rome.

Have a wonderful time and yes, I do so well remember our grand sail-out from Venice last year. It was perfect.

Ann #1

Hi Bob,

Glad to hear all is going great. How's the weather?

Did you buy the program at the Moulin Rouge? That was my biggest regret from my couple of days in Paris.:(

Looking forward to hearing more.

~Jo~ :)

Jo;

Yes we sure did.....:):):)

Bob

3992721497_41f357ef50.jpg

Sailaway out of Venice was truely magical. Had a nice group of our roll call for a sailaway party in my cabin. A great time was had by all. I have a ton of other pictures and will post them as time permits to my flickr page. Tomorrow is a restfull day at sea before Naples.

Take Care All

Bob

Take care all

Hi Bob...

Just joined this club. My girlfriend and I have booked our Mediterranean Cruise on the Ruby for June 2010. Would love to hear your comments about the Boat upon your return.

Thanks....hope your cruise is fantastic.

Happy Sailing...from T.J. : )

Archived