Live from the Ruby Princess Med-T/A October 7, 2009

Woobstr112G

Hello all. DW & I will be boarding the Ruby on Wednesday for a great Med-T/A from Venice to Florida. I am statrting this "Live Fom" thread a little early because we are doing two days in Paris before flying onto Venice. We are leaving on Sunday for Paris. There we will be spending two days. I'll post my observations on Paris while we are there. When we get to the Ruby, I will try to regularily to post my observaions of the Ruby. Feel free to ask any questions you may care to ask....:):):)

Bob

Bob,

Glad to see that you will be posting. We will be picking up the Ruby after you bring her back to FLL. If you have a chance, I'd love to know what movies are playing on MUTS. I know they could change, but am curious and you offered! :)

Take good care of the Ruby - we can't wait to meet her. Her sister, Emerald, is currently our favorite gem of the fleet.

Bob' date='

Glad to see that you will be posting. We will be picking up the Ruby after you bring her back to FLL. If you have a chance, I'd love to know what movies are playing on MUTS. I know they could change, but am curious and you offered! :)

Take good care of the Ruby - we can't wait to meet her. Her sister, Emerald, is currently our favorite gem of the fleet.[/quote']

Will do.....:):):)

Bob

Well all packed with nothing to do. Just have to wait for my new debit card to arrive from UPS (I lost it 3 days ago) right before we cruise. Can you believe it? Man I can't wait to be on the Ruby and start reporting.

Bob

Well, the day is here. Got about a total of one hour of sleep last night. Got up because I got tired of tossing and turning. We leave for the airport in about 5 hours. Can't wait to get to Paris and start reporting on my observations. Hope all have a great day. I know we will.....:):):)

Bob

Sounds like you are really doing this right! What could be better than stopping in Paris on your way to Venice. I'll look forward to your posts. Two good friends of mine from Boston are boarding in Venice. Their names are Sharon and Bruce and they are well traveled and extremely nice people. Hope you get to meet them.

All the best to you.

Well all packed with nothing to do. Just have to wait for my new debit card to arrive from UPS (I lost it 3 days ago) right before we cruise. Can you believe it? Man I can't wait to be on the Ruby and start reporting.

Bob

Bob,

Hope you got that new card yesterday in the mail. Bon Voyage to you both.

Bob, have a wonderful time in Paris! (something that I'd LOVE to do) Aw, maybe someday. :(

We will be on the Ruby for it's first 10 day Caribbean when you return. I know we all will be looking forward to your reviews.

Karen

as I have real good friends who will be cruising for the first time aboard the Ruby out of FLL in January (all on my recommendation) so it will be interesting to hear first hand reports coming across from Venice. safe journies and great times ahead for you

your friend

Greetings All;

Well we got away from LAX with pretty much no problems. Only issue was we were about 15 minutes late leaving the gate. The flight on Air France was so so. Food was okay, service overall was nothing special but was adequate. One thing I found was I could not charge my I-Phone in the seat outlet in business class. I ended up having to charge it off my laptop battery. Landed in Paris was uneventful. Took us a bit to find our luggage, get through customs, and find the shuttle driver I reserved. Charles De Gaulle airport is rather large and can be confusing. It was also raining cats & dogs when we landed.....

We booked our two day pre cruise stay at the Marriott Champs Elyse. Beautiful hotel, super staff, and a very nice room. The hotel is close to a lot of the “Must See” stuff. Today we are mainly going to rest up. I may go exploring a bit later. Tomorrow, DW and I will be having dinner in a restaurant in the Eiffel Tower, a night time cruise on the Seine river, and taking in a Moulan Rouge show.

Take care all. I’ll try and post tomorrow and let everyone know how we enjoyed out Paris excursion.

Bob

Think you might be in for a bit of a wet stay in Paris if our weather is anything to go by. We have had rain constantly today and it is forecast up until Thursday. We are in the south of England, only a hop over the channel from Paris. Certainly hope the rain misses you and have a great cruise on Ruby. We had a wonderful cruise on her in January.

Bob!!! I found you!!! LOL

Thanks for starting this. Your Roll Call is dying out...obviously...and I need my fix. ;)

Not dying just slim pickings. There are still a few die hards here. Wheels up for us tomorrow @ 4:40PM. BOING!!!!!:D

Not dying just slim pickings. There are still a few die hards here. Wheels up for us tomorrow @ 4:40PM. BOING!!!!!:D

I'll be thinking of you two...have a great time...and watch out for those pirates :p

I'm another who will tune in daily for reports aboard.. hope youre able to do that... if you need any updates on the local sports dont hesitate to ask.. as I live in Carver down by Edaville. havent sailed a princess yet but looking forward to one..

your pal

Hope you have a great trip.

We loved The Ruby, and we've been to Paris a few times and loved it.

Just got back from 'Paris' hotel in Las Vegas, and loved that too...!!!

Cheers

davy!!!

I'm another who will tune in daily for reports aboard.. hope youre able to do that... if you need any updates on the local sports dont hesitate to ask.. as I live in Carver down by Edaville. havent sailed a princess yet but looking forward to one..

your pal

Thanks for the offer. I may just take you up on that.

Bob,

Could you let us know if Generoso is the Maitre d' on board the Ruby. We're sailing the Ruby over Thanksgiving, and he told us last December that he would be on the Ruby for Thanksgiving and we look forward to seeing him again.

Thanks,

Bob,

Could you let us know if Generoso is the Maitre d' on board the Ruby. We're sailing the Ruby over Thanksgiving, and he told us last December that he would be on the Ruby for Thanksgiving and we look forward to seeing him again.

Thanks,

I'll take this one Bob. Generoso will be leaving on holiday the day we embark, Wednesday the 7th. He is usually off for 2 months returning somewhere around early December.

Archived