Bingo

hototo

We were just on the Ruby Princess and we both won at Bingo. They pay you in cash, then and there. I won $150 and Rick won $400. We did not have to split our winnings, but if there is more than one person that wins, it does get divided. Have fun and enjoy your cruise!:D

1308895239_IMG_4139RubyPrincessBingo.jpg.fbc91ab98237558e530d8640403931f8.jpg

• 2 months later...
I was on the Ruby in Dec last year and won the BIG final bingo.... $2750. They paid in cash right then and there.

WOW! Good for you. Don't think I have ever won, but I don't play anymore either.

Probably have save more money tho since I quit 30+ years ago.

to theriotfish

for $20.00 you get a packet of bingo cards, it's for 4 games (color coded blue, orange, green and red) with 3 cards per game. Usually BINGO is held two times a day on sea days and the cards you purchase are only good for that session. There are several card options to choose from (a) the $20.00 packet (b) a smaller packet of bingo cards, one per game (4 colors) not sure the cost of that packet (I think it is $10.00) © extra cards for the "JACKPOT" game, it is always the red colored card and only good for the jackpot game.

The first three games each session are for a small sum of money (usually between $100-$400) and played until one or more people yell BINGO (the $ is split between those who have won that game. The jackpot game is a cover all and rolls over to the next session of BINGO if there isn't a winner when a specific number of calls are made. On the last day of the cruise, if there has been no jackpot winner, then the game continues until there is a cover all winner. The jackpot amount increases with each game, as does the total numbers that will be called. I have never been on a ship when the jackpot was won before the last day...

Just checked the Patter from our last cruise (14 days earlier this year) the jackpot started at $1,000 in 47 called numbers and on the last day went for $4,200 to one lucky winner (not me!!)

hope this info was helpful and answered your bingo questions.

ps - they also sell (for a small charge), the "bingo dobber" used to blot on the called numbers or you can bring some type of marker with you to mark the called numbers on your cards.

• 3 weeks later...

A group of us are going on the Ruby in a few weeks and love bingo. Do the cards need daubers? We purchased them on the Emerald a few years ago, but can't remember if we needed them last year or if they were punch cards. Anyone remember???

Pat

A group of us are going on the Ruby in a few weeks and love bingo. Do the cards need daubers? We purchased them on the Emerald a few years ago, but can't remember if we needed them last year or if they were punch cards. Anyone remember???

Pat

If you have the Daubers bring them...they are $1.50 to buy on the ship. You can also just use and pen or pencil...but the punch through cards are gone.

Pat

Yes, on the Emerald last year you could use daubers. They are available for purchase or you can bring ones that you had previously bought (from a previous cruise!)

Pat

Yes, you need daubers. They don't use the punch cards anymore.

They also report your winnings to the IRS. I had to fill out a form and then got a printed statement of winnings before we left the ship. I shared the final jackpot bingo ($1,500 my share) and it was SO thrilling. I have never won anything like that and I was shaking for an hour!

Archived