Pictures of Ships cabins

Hi Karen,

Yes we spent 4 great weeks on the SS Australis in 1973 when I was 14. We had a lovely roomy cabin on Main Deck with a porthole, two sets of bunks and a cot for my baby brother. It was such an adventure for all of us!! I don't have any photos of the cabin which is a shame!!

Mandy.

We spent 5 weeks on her in 1975 and as you said, it was such an adventure. The highlights being the Crossing the Equator ceremony & going through the Panama Canal.

I'll have to search through my dad's photos to see if he's got any of the cabin.

Hi Everyone,

Really enjoying this thread and looking at everyone's piccies, puts us in the mood for our cruise coming up shortly.

Here is one of our cabins .... the smallest inside cabin on the Holland America Volendam!! And there were four of us sharing it!! A single bunk pulled down from the wall over our bed and then the sofa was made up into a bed. Must add that the bed was so comfy we slept really well! Chocolates were left on the bed each night along with a towel animal.

DSC00243.jpg

One day we might be lucky enough to have a balcony cabin!!! :)

Mandy and Graham.

Do you have anymore photos of the Volendam? We are cruising on it in December. Can't wait. We have a 4 berth outside cabin. There has been a lot of confusion about the bedding, as I have been told that the main bed can be made up into a double bed, which is obviously what you had, how did the 4th person get to the bunk?

Leanne

Originally Posted by cruisedb4 Must add that the bed was so comfy we slept really well!

One of the great things about Holland America is the bedding.

When they brought in their Signature of Excellence programme,

all the beds were replaced with Sealy Posturepedic Euro topped beds and are so wonderful.

Usually on a cruise it takes me a few nights to get used to the bed ,

but with HAL, no worries.

I think they also have a pillow concierge, and if you are not comfortable with your pillow ,

just ask the steward , and it will be replaced with another fluffy feather pillow of your choice.

SIGNATURE TOUCHES IN EVERY STATEROOM

Spacious, elegantly appointed staterooms, many with private verandahs

Luxurious Mariner's Dream™ beds and premium linens

Daily housekeeping to tidy belongings and keep staterooms immaculate

Large, extra-fluffy Egyptian cotton towels

Lighted magnifying mirrors; massage showerheads; salon-quality hair dryers

Luxurious terry cloth bathrobes

Elemis Aromapure "Time to Spa" bath amenities

Televisions with DVD or VCR players

Generous storage

Complimentary fresh fruit

Complimentary 24-hour in-room dining

Nightly turndown service

Complimentary shoeshine service

Complimentary ice service

Hi Leanne,

I dont have any pics of Volendam, but have you visited the Ship Cafe site.

It has a photo tour of the ship and on the final page of the tour is a pic of an outside stateroom.

http://www.shipcafe.net/shipcafe/shipcafe.htm

Yes I have seen that website, it is good. I like to see photos passengers have taken, as I always think that cruise ships, hotels etc only show the best rooms. This thread has been good with photos of actual cabins, as opposed to photos realised by the cruise lines.

Thanks

Leanne

.... as I always think that cruise ships, hotels etc only show the best rooms.

Thanks

Leanne

And it's nice to see what they look like with all the c**p we take;) rather than with nothing in them.

And it's nice to see what they look like with all the c**p we take;) rather than with nothing in them.

But my cabin is always tidy Karen:D..

well apart from

a few wine glasses on the desk

an empty bottle of wine

shoes strewn around the floor

camera charging with leads going everywhere

desk overflowing with the daily news sheets

pool towels on the floor

etc

etc

but apart from that..

its always tidy:eek:

at least I know where everything is...

most of the time:D

But my cabin is always tidy Karen:D..

well apart from

a few wine glasses on the desk

an empty bottle of wine

shoes strewn around the floor

camera charging with leads going everywhere

desk overflowing with the daily news sheets

pool towels on the floor

etc

etc

but apart from that..

its always tidy:eek:

at least I know where everything is...

most of the time:D

After that post I thought I'd post this pic

546.jpg.a65298bd16a1dff0df1d2b13e2fc8760.jpg

Do you have anymore photos of the Volendam? We are cruising on it in December. Can't wait. We have a 4 berth outside cabin. There has been a lot of confusion about the bedding, as I have been told that the main bed can be made up into a double bed, which is obviously what you had, how did the 4th person get to the bunk?

Leanne

Hi Leanne,

I have lots more pictures of the Volendam, I will post some for you. She is a beautiful ship we really enjoyed sailing on her. I am sure you will have a wonderful cruise too. The bunk bed came down over the right hand side of the double bed so it overlapped the bed a bit which made it difficult to get in and out and the ladder went at the bottom of the bunk too. Hubby had that side of the bed so he did the acrobatics to get in and out. In the day we put the bunk bed up so it wasn't a problem.

DSC01439.jpg

This first picture is of the Lido pool. The roof closes over it on cooler days which is really good so you can swim in all weathers!

DSC01343.jpg

We got back on the ship after being in Tauranga for the day and we were greeted by these pretty decorations around the Lido pool. The one side was closed off while they prepared a dessert buffet. So delicious :D

Mandy.

DSC00622.jpg

This is a picture of a very special place on the ship! When we cruised through Milford Sound they opened up the front of the ship so you can stand and look at the spectacular scenery as we cruised through. It was amazing ... don't miss it Leanne.

DSC00159.jpg

The Promenade Deck. You can walk right the way around this deck so it is a great spot to burn off some of the fantastic food!!

One of the 1st cabin photos I ever saw on this site also included a ladies 'electric toothbrush' on the desk;);). Got quite a chuckle from me.

I actually think 'arxcards' posted it. Not to blame of course.:rolleyes:

Jenny

One of the 1st cabin photos I ever saw on this site also included a ladies 'electric toothbrush' on the desk;);). Got quite a chuckle from me.

I actually think 'arxcards' posted it. Not to blame of course.:rolleyes:

Jenny

Yea I remember somthing about this:D

Den

Hi Mandy,

Those photos are beautiful, love the one of Milford Sound with the bell. Which direction did you do your cruise and what time where you allowed to board on the first day?

We have a outside cabin on Main deck.

Thanks

Leanne

Hi Leanne,

We cruised from Sydney to Auckland. We flew down to Sydney from Brisbane really early in the morning and caught a taxi to Wharf 8 where we were able to leave our luggage. The ship was such a beautiful sight!! We went for a walk around and then came back about 11.00 am as we were so excited about getting on the ship. We were one of the first to board as boarding started soon after we got back to the terminal. We were directed to the Lido deck to have lunch ... what a wonderful array of food. :D It was really lovely sitting there looking out over Sydney!! Our cabins weren't ready until about 1.00 pm, they close off doors so you can't go down the corridor to your room.

An outside cabin will be wonderful, you will enjoy being able to see where you are each morning. We really enjoyed all the different ports.

Mandy.

Hi Leanne,

We cruised from Sydney to Auckland. We flew down to Sydney from Brisbane really early in the morning and caught a taxi to Wharf 8 where we were able to leave our luggage. The ship was such a beautiful sight!! We went for a walk around and then came back about 11.00 am as we were so excited about getting on the ship. We were one of the first to board as boarding started soon after we got back to the terminal. We were directed to the Lido deck to have lunch ... what a wonderful array of food. :D It was really lovely sitting there looking out over Sydney!! Our cabins weren't ready until about 1.00 pm, they close off doors so you can't go down the corridor to your room.

An outside cabin will be wonderful, you will enjoy being able to see where you are each morning. We really enjoyed all the different ports.

Mandy.

Hi Mandy

We fly down from Brisbane 2 days beforehand, and the Volendam is now leaving from the OPT instead of Darling Harbour.

Sounds like 11am is the way to go to avoid the crowds. Our cruise will have passengers on already from Asia. So they won't have to clean out all the cabins. Interesting how the close the doors so that you can't get near your cabin, I wonder if that will happen to us, given that there is already passengers onboard. I have read that you can go onboard then go back onshore, don't know how true that is. Would be good to get on early, have a look around and some lunch, and then have a walk around the rocks.

Thanks so much for your information.

Leanne

Here are a few of my cabin shots from the Sun princess. These are the cabins that go across the ship.The first is our cabin set up as a queen, very little room either side of the bed.

The 2nd and 3 rd are next door and the kids room set up as twin. We decorated it for son as he turned 18 on this cruise.

DSCN0083.jpg.77082af7dc1859815e9f337b31ea30d8.jpg

DSCN0091.jpg.5c96d32ee71f4617297b05093867d092.jpg

DSCN0089.jpg.0baf9bc70ac50525b6a0a7d480344f95.jpg

Here are a few more.

The first is not a good shot but it is from the canival Fantasy. We lost most if this cruise photos in a pc crash.

The next two are Rhapsody of the seas with hubby (of course) the last is Sapphire Princess (with hubby)Not sure why we didnt take many of the cabin on the sapphire.

100_0100_294928803574633252.jpg.191ed485b6a1a635dd3fa36f6984616a.jpg

IMG_4787.jpg.79db8d3566e21303775b66aa5e415822.jpg

IMG_4785.jpg.8211b28c2ee10ff7b3eb11edc7a6037b.jpg

IMG_0250.jpg.46424083f55ea22def86ac368ae21a7e.jpg

These are Pacific Dawn dolphin deck D135. We were upgraded from a cheap t grade.

The first one is with daughter on the bed.. (hubby was doing the Kokoda track at the time)

the next to last one is the view from the window

The very last one is the view from the window at Noumea when they lowered the life rafts, very nice.198518086_IMG_0004-Copy.jpg.80d35dd630d2ab9163b38b4cffafc504.jpg

935522872_IMG_0003-Copy.jpg.a6332643b3b49ab94e9db7bc07b0df7c.jpg

781896020_IMG_0001-Copy.jpg.32003753e2c90af4e8aa73bfb12bd16f.jpg

IMG_0243.jpg.a3bc3fd071ac567a1f07e5e22073f35a.jpg

Here are a few more.

The first is not a good shot but it is from the canival Fantasy. We lost most if this cruise photos in a pc crash.

The next two are Rhapsody of the seas with hubby (of course) the last is Sapphire Princess (with hubby)Not sure why we didnt take many of the cabin on the sapphire.

Happy to see you have the now usual 'male on the bed' photo..lol..... which is almost mandatory now don't you think?:D

Jillybean:)

Happy to see you have the now usual 'male on the bed' photo..lol..... which is almost mandatory now don't you think?:D

Jillybean:)

Why do you say "now":) have you seen my cabin photos with my unusual male on the bed!!!;):p

Goes to show who are the addicted ones. Who's hubby said "why are you taking a photo of that?" at any time during a cruise.

My family are not too amazed these days as I do scrapbooking and they are used to me taking weird photos.

Archived