Pack snacks?

jburke1566

I'm packing one suitcase with bottled water and soda....should I add some snacks for the room? Maybe something for a woozy tummy or just something to nibble on? I know there are massive amounts of food on these ships but what about just little snacks for the room?:confused:

I'm packing one suitcase with bottled water and soda....should I add some snacks for the room? Maybe something for a woozy tummy or just something to nibble on? I know there are massive amounts of food on these ships but what about just little snacks for the room?:confused:

I usually take some granola bars, mostly for long excursions. They sell some limited things in the gift shop. For the room. I might take an extra piece of fruit from the breakfast buffet to eat later in the day.

I always find there are plenty of meals on the ship, but not so many snacks....

I think it's a good idea to have some small snacks in your carry on for airport delays..or in flight snacking. Cheese Crackers, M&Ms, Nuts, Trail Mix..etc.

Sometimes you want a salty snack at night and don't want room service or trip to lido.

However, you can get an extra cheese plate at desert in the MDR and bring that back to your room for late night (and a shrimp cocktail..keep it in the mini-fridge--it'll be fine for one night), just ask for plate covers.

We take individually packaged trail mix type things (raw almonds, etc.), mostly for when we get off the ship in ports, but also have enjoyed them on the ship as well. As noted, "snacks" are a bit trickier to find on board. But you can always create snacks from items found at the buffet, IE: boxed cereal, fresh fruit, yogurt cup(s) (if your cabin has a mini fridge)...

I would have said no, but I ate dinner with some young folks who missed their junk food something awful. She couldnt wait to get off and get powdered donuts .... no kidding. and wanted chips and all that stuff they dont have for dinner. They bought candy all week long to get thru the week up in the shops.

With all the food you wouldnt think so, but some want their junk food.

Doesn't matter if we're flying in or driving to the port I always have snacks in the car. :) I usually bring a few on the ship my favorite being the Ritz crackers & peanutbutter. (for some reason BP is hard to find on a ship!) When going into a port I take a package with me it's my "just in case" snack. You know...just in case I didn't get breakfast, I get hungry, I get motion sickness from a cab driver that thinks we're a roller coaster! :eek: You can get chips with your sandwich from room service but a couple of small bags are always nice to have and about half way through a Cruise my DH always gets hungry for Cheetos! :p So go ahead and bring a couple of your favorite snacks esp the ones you might crave just because you can't get them. And remember you can pick up some things in your port of calls qand bring back on the ship. Happy Cruising! :D

I have decided not to carry soda or water on board. I am solo and do not want to carry anything extra. However, I will bringing a few snacks - Sun Florwer Seeds, Fiber Supplements for water, and a big bag of M&Ms.

You just need to get a suitcase that folds up, fill it with water, soda pop, snacks or whatever hand off to porter, they get it on board, then you fold up and pack in suitcase to take home. Of course we go to the store before boarding ship, so we are not paying baggage fee's on airlines.

One year we cruised the day after Halloween and brought leftover bags of candy. (we don't have kids) We saved one for us :) to munch on and gave the steward theothers. It was like we gave him gold! He kept gushing over several days. I guess snacks are hard to find for everyone onboard!

We have learnt to always bring some food with us.

Once we got stuck in the Dome in Long Beach for over three hours waiting to board, didn't board until 5:45 or so. The ship can only bring down water because once food is loaded up it cannot be brought back into California.

Another time we took a direct flight LAX-JFK that made an unscheduled 7 hour layover in Atlantic City.

From now on we always pack some candies and other decent 'snack' food, just in case.

The snacks on board are very expensive, like Pregos chips (the ones that are all shaped the same and come in a tall can)are $4.95 can, candy bars, $2.00 ea, those tiny bags of crackers are $1.95, the crackers with Peanut Butter $2.00 ea. The ships store is very, very expensive, so what I did was go to the Lido Deck and fix me some plate of fresh fruit, a salad from the salad bar and things like that and took them back to my room for my evening snack. One thing that will make it nice for me when I sail on the Splendor in January is that my cabin is on the Lido Deck so I won't have far to go to get goodies.

My husband loves chips and other salty snacks. I always bring a can or two of Pringles and usually a can of Cheetos or Doritos.

He eats about half of what I bring. This time I am going to try to bring less and see what happens.

I always carry some kind of protein bar with me at all times. I occasionally have bouts of low blood sugar and when I need to eat now that means right now. Having almost passed out a couple of times, I learned this the hard way.

Nothing wrong in bringing snacks. I pack PB crackers, special k bars etc. DH is diabetic so it is neccessary to have something for him just in case while we are in port.

Same here DH is diabetic!! I always have a Healthy or somewhat Healthy snack in my purse or backpack while on shore. He also wakes up before me and I send him to go eat some fruit (early breakfast at buffet) before I get up and we go to breakfast.

This last time we took our grandsons with us and I brought extra snacks with- I think we brought most back home with us!

There is always plenty to eat on the ship!!

Doesn't matter if we're flying in or driving to the port I always have snacks in the car. :) I usually bring a few on the ship my favorite being the Ritz crackers & peanutbutter. (for some reason BP is hard to find on a ship!)
Try looking next to the toast & waffles at the breakfast buffet. Hard part is getting it back to the room- maybe in a small bowl w/baggie to protect it?

Archived