Concierge Class Cabins on Constellation Deck 8 Analyzed - Feedback Please

PelicanLvr

• 1 month later...

Thank you for all these informations. It is very helpful!

Me and DH booked cabin 8040 on the upcoming cruise, and my parents booked cabin 8038. Do you have any infos on these cabins? Are they good/quiet? Obstructed views? Near crew door?

Thank you!

• 2 years later...
Here is an analysis of the Concierge Class Cabins on Constellation (Deck 8) to book. So many posts here ask if specific cabins are good ones, so (even though this is only my opinion) I thought people might find this helpful.

Background: My DW and I have enjoyed several Connie sailings in recent years in Concierge Class (CC) cabins on Deck 8. We enjoy the ship (its size, dining options, etc) so, knowing we’d be back, I took some notes to know which deck 8 CC cabins to book and which to avoid. We like Deck 8 because it has staterooms both above and below. We don’t like Deck 9 due to the overhang & lido above.

Please let me know if you find this info useful. We have an upcoming cruise on Summit and I could do a little more homework. Thanks for the feedback!

CC Cabins - Constellation Deck 8:

The “Great” Rooms with larger balconies: People love the aft-facing staterooms (8170, 8172, 8176, & 8185) for the views of the wake and super-large balconies. 8045 & 8046 with larger “triangle shaped” balconies are also popular. Book these if you can! But what if they are already gone…..?

Best standard (non-adjoining) CC Cabins: 8072, 8074, 8076, 8078, 8080, 8082, 8084, & 8086 (starboard side): Good mid-ship location and non-adjoining (no interior door to the neighboring room which some complain can be the source of noise/light from the next cabin). So, why are they good? Because the inside cabins that appear directly across the hall on the deck plan are NOT really there. Well, of course they’re there, but you would never know it! Their doors all open to the opposite (port side) hall (note they all have odd cabin numbers). So there is nothing (no cabins or service areas) opposite these CC Cabins across the hall …nothing but a hallway wall.

Also good (on the port side) are 8075, 8079, 8083, 8087, 8091, 8095 & 8099: These have the same good mid-ship location & are non-adjoining, you just have a neighbor across the hall. Very good rooms to book.

Need an adjoining room? Look to book 8114, 8116, 8118, 8120, 8122, 8124, 8126, 8128, 8130, 8132, & 8134 (Starboard side): Good mid-ship adjoining rooms. Also, there also are no entrances to the “crew only” area (the large white blank space on the deck plan) across the hall anywhere in this block of cabins!

Location of Crew-Only Service Doors: I like to avoid cabins across from doors to crew-only areas (ie food prep facilities, freight elevators, mechanical equipment etc). They can be the source of noise and/or additional activity. If that matters to you, note that doors to the crew-only areas (shown as white blank space on the deck plans) are located approximately opposite the following CC cabins:

Starboard side: 8052, 8060, 8066 8090 8138, 8150 & 8176 (aft cabin)

Port Side: 8047, 8065, 8069, 8107, 8109, 8115, 8141, & 8145

Rooms to Avoid:

8094, 8096, 8111, & 8115 – Partially obstructed by the dreaded window washing equipment. NOTE: Cabins affected by the window washing equipment vary by ship. These are the rooms on Constellation ONLY. For other M-Class ships check the deck plan listed “obstructed view” rooms to avoid.

8102 & 8108 – listed as “obstructed view”, small balcony, & windows of suite next door look onto balcony.

8047 & 8048 – less private balcony which is visable from the angled balcony of the neighboring room.

Please let me know if this is helpful and if there is any other info you’d find interesting. I can be on the lookout on our upcoming cruise.

Happy Sailing!

I read on one of the resent reviews that 8100 has the window cleaning equipment, we are book in cabin 8100 and it didn't say anything about obstructed view thank you for any help.

• Like 1

Oops sorry I posted wrong on here, I read on a recent review that cabin 8100 has the window washing equipment but not listed by Celebrity as a partial obstructed view. We are booked in 8100 and could you please let me know is 8100 is obstructed. Thank you so much for your help.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow, thank you for that so much! I'm in 8074 and was wondering if it was good, I picked it myself, and it looked good, so happy to hear it. I also hope for the 12 day Mediterranean its the good side of the ship :-)

Thanks for the hard work!

Hi. I have CC cabin 8070 reserved on the Connie. Did I miss your comments on that one?? Please advise. Thanks!

We just got off the Connie and had that room. We thought it was great! No problems at all and good location so you should be fine. Of course, noisy neighbors can be a whole another case, but we did not experience that at all.

Edited by micruiser12

• 5 months later...

Booked CC balcony according to the first post I picked a good cabin. But what I would like to know is what are the perks? ie.. early or quicker embarkation, pvt lounge ...priority baggage or tender tickets...I am familiar with Carnival suite perks wondering if there is similarities. Is there an adult/pool area on board? I saw a pic of a pool in a solarium is that aqua class only or is it for everyone?

What is the entertainment like? Do they have comedy clubs?

• 5 months later...

Hi:

I'm glad I read to avoid cabin 8111 because it has an obstructed view (window washing equipment). I'm currently on the reflection and booked our next trip for next Oct 2016. I will change the room number. Does anyone know which room on Deck 8 that doesn't have an obstructed view from the balcony?

Thanks.

Joanne

Hi:

I'm glad I read to avoid cabin 8111 because it has an obstructed view (window washing equipment). I'm currently on the reflection and booked our next trip for next Oct 2016 and was given cabin 8111. I will change the room number. Does anyone know which room on Deck 8 that doesn't have an obstructed view from the balcony?

Thanks.

Joanne

• 1 year later...

Thank you so much for posting this information.

I booked 8067 on the Constellation for the Med (summer 2017). Does this location look too close to the service doors, or is it ok?

I have never paid much attention to what side I book, usually port out of habit.

Just curious...what do most cruisers prefer for the Western Med?

Thanks!

Hi

We had 8115 on our latest cruise on Constallation. We had the "window washing maschine" parked outside on the right side of the balcony looking forward. Just so you will kow... :)

We will be in 8111 in September. Was the window washing machine a big blockage?

Booked CC balcony according to the first post I picked a good cabin. But what I would like to know is what are the perks? ie.. early or quicker embarkation, pvt lounge ...priority baggage or tender tickets...I am familiar with Carnival suite perks wondering if there is similarities. Is there an adult/pool area on board? I saw a pic of a pool in a solarium is that aqua class only or is it for everyone?

What is the entertainment like? Do they have comedy clubs?

The pool in the Solarium is open to all adults and has nothing to do with Aqua class. There is priority boarding in most ports. There is a private lounge on day of departure only with continental breakfast served. On day of embarkation there is a luncheon for Concierge Class only held in MDR. There is priority baggage delivery. You can go on X website and pull up the whole list of amenities which include a bottle of bubbly and fresh fruit in your cabin, an expanded room service menu, pillow menu, use of umbrella and binoculars, better showerhead, enhanced toiletries, plush robes, priority waitlist for shore excursions, use of concierge, concierge available on embarkation. That hits most that I remember. We were on the Connie in Feb and it was a nice ship with great staff. Entertainment is subjective, but it was typical for a cruise ship...nice way to spend an hour and a half, or leave and do something you like better...your choice! Don't remember a comedy club, but there were comedians.

The pool in the Solarium is open to all adults and has nothing to do with Aqua class. There is priority boarding in most ports. There is a private lounge on day of departure only with continental breakfast served. On day of embarkation there is a luncheon for Concierge Class only held in MDR. There is priority baggage delivery. You can go on X website and pull up the whole list of amenities which include a bottle of bubbly and fresh fruit in your cabin, an expanded room service menu, pillow menu, use of umbrella and binoculars, better showerhead, enhanced toiletries, plush robes, priority waitlist for shore excursions, use of concierge, concierge available on embarkation. That hits most that I remember. We were on the Connie in Feb and it was a nice ship with great staff. Entertainment is subjective, but it was typical for a cruise ship...nice way to spend an hour and a half, or leave and do something you like better...your choice! Don't remember a comedy club, but there were comedians.

You do realise you've just answered a post from 2 years ago :confused:?

This is great information and I had been looking for it for awhile. Too bad I didn't find it before I booked. My sister and I are booked in cabins 8109 and 8111 for a cruise in May. I didn't realize that 8109 is in front of a service elevator but I think it may be too late to change without losing my perks. I haven't been that impressed with our travel agent so will probably book my own in the future. In fact, the first cabin I looked at had one of those window washing stations in front of it and she said she called Celebrity and it was supposed to only be temporary. I have been in front of a service elevator on Princess before but it didn't bother me except the first afternoon when they were using it to unload bags. Anyone stay in 8109 or 8111 recently and can give us an idea of what those rooms are like?

This is great information and I had been looking for it for awhile. Too bad I didn't find it before I booked. My sister and I are booked in cabins 8109 and 8111 for a cruise in May. I didn't realize that 8109 is in front of a service elevator but I think it may be too late to change without losing my perks. I haven't been that impressed with our travel agent so will probably book my own in the future. In fact, the first cabin I looked at had one of those window washing stations in front of it and she said she called Celebrity and it was supposed to only be temporary. I have been in front of a service elevator on Princess before but it didn't bother me except the first afternoon when they were using it to unload bags. Anyone stay in 8109 or 8111 recently and can give us an idea of what those rooms are like?

Changing your cabin should not cause you to lose any perks as long as the cabin you change to is the same category and there is a cabin available, regardless of whether it's before or after final payment. I've done it. In the future, you can check out cabin info on cruisedeckplans.com. It's a site used by TAs that has all the ships/cruiselines. There's lots of good info available there including which cabins have been reported noisy, soot problems, near crew service areas etc.

I did get the change in cabins. I called Celebrity first to see if they were still available and was told they were but they wouldn't hold them for me and to have the travel agent call ASAP. I left a message for the travel agent and she called me back to tell me she had made the change.