Neptune Lounge on embarkation day

Former Goalie

We left our carry on luggage in the NL with the concierge while we went for lunch and before the rooms were ready so should be alright for you to do that. (The door is locked if the concierge is not there but should be when you board).

I've heard that, if we board the ship early, we can drop our luggage off in the Neptune Lounge prior to our stateroom being ready to access (1:30 PM?). Is this correct? Also, what is available in the NL for early boarders, and will the concierge be there?

TIA

Not only are you able to leave your luggage while you have lunch and tour the ship, they tag your luggage and bring it to your suite. Also, on the last cruise on the Noordam, the suites were ready about 1 pm, well before the general announcement.

Terri

Not only are you able to leave your luggage while you have lunch and tour the ship, they tag your luggage and bring it to your suite. Also, on the last cruise on the Noordam, the suites were ready about 1 pm, well before the general announcement.

Terri

Hi, Terri!

I echo what Terri is saying. We were on the same cruise as Terri, and ran into one another in the NL. We dropped our luggage off and by the time we got back, it was already in our cabin. Lovely and Dianne spoiled us! :)

I meant to add that on our prior HAL cruise we booked excursions that first day. :)

Hi, Terri!

I echo what Terri is saying. We were on the same cruise as Terri, and ran into one another in the NL. We dropped our luggage off and by the time we got back, it was already in our cabin. Lovely and Dianne spoiled us! :)

I meant to add that on our prior HAL cruise we booked excursions that first day. :)

Hi Terri,

Good to hear from you. Yes, they did spoil us. Our Panama Canal Cruise is coming up soon. Are you and hubby ready to join us? We leave from San Diego.

Terri

Both concierges will be there to greet you as you enter the Neptune Lounge -- and by name!!

We lock our carry-ons and leave them there while we do whatever we feel like doing. Only once have we ever had our bags tagged and brought to the suite. All other times we had to return and pick them up ourselves.

There will snacks, tea sandwiches, cookies, other desserts if you just want something to eat.

Interesting comment by Nonnie. We have left our baggage in the Neptune Lounge several times but have never been recognized by name when we walked in the first time. On the Ryndam we have been recognized the second time and thereafter but not on the Westerdam. Maybe too many of the larger ships.

Barbara

Hi Terri,

Good to hear from you. Yes, they did spoil us. Our Panama Canal Cruise is coming up soon. Are you and hubby ready to join us? We leave from San Diego.

Terri

We'd love to join you, but hubby's dad has been in the hospital/rehab since mid-July and my mom finally went home from the hospital last week after being in the hospital/rehab since the beginning of August. We have decided that we need to stay close to home for a bit. We are having a hard time keeping up with everything.

Did you have a good time in France?

I'll drop you an email.

I can't wait to hear about your Panama Canal cruise. That's one that's on our list. :)

Interesting comment by Nonnie. We have left our baggage in the Neptune Lounge several times but have never been recognized by name when we walked in the first time. On the Ryndam we have been recognized the second time and thereafter but not on the Westerdam. Maybe too many of the larger ships.

Barbara

Hi,

I'm going on the Westerdam next month. Does anyone know who the concierge is these days?

Archived