Mariner of the Seas - Pics and Brief Overview

CL-JW

I'm the Gary in the Gary and Frances comment on the original thread post and I loved the ship, and particularly the company. Craig and Jack were fantastic company and for my part were exactly the sort of relaxed and unstressed people that we both like to spend time with on a cruise.

The one thing I can say is that I would definately not want to go on anything bigger than the Mariner, and thus would probably rule out a cruise on Freedom or Oasis class.

Hey C&J..... nice review.....photos

I just want to let everyone know who is enjoying the exterior photos..that these guys braved blustering weather to bring them to you.

How do I know? because we had a cozy perch in the Viking Crown watching them get blown.

Until we cruise again...........

Loved your pictures. Also, thinking of doing the aromaspa.

Does RCCL provide bath robes. (we're had them on Carnival and Princess).

Thanks!

If you do AromaSpa, we'd recommend making an appt ahead of time. They were pretty busy the day we were there and they were turning walk-ins away.

I don't think RCI provides robes. The ones in our cabin were because Jack had gotten the Grand Romance Package for our anniversary, and it included two nice robes.

Does RCCL provide bath robes. (we're had them on Carnival and Princess).

We also where on the cruise with Craig and Jack. Funny thing is, I always found them in a bar.

As for robes, Royal provides them platinum members and higher and those in suites I belive, BUT, if you ask real nice and take care of him or her, your cabin attendant may be able to find one for you. We did this on our last two RCI cruises and had no problem.

Thanks for posting the photos of the Mariner. And also for your overview of the ship. I've heard from other posts that Gary at MTD is excellent. I hope he's on the ship when we go in December. A standing reservation at a window table for two sounds perfect for us. Did you go the the MTD desk when you first got on the ship to make that standing reservation? And was it for a specific time each night? Or were you just guaranteed a window table for two when you showed up for MTD. Thanks in advance.

I am also interested in knowing about the standing reservation, do you have to show up the same time every night?

One question for you bar drinkers....can you get bucket of beers on this ship? :D If so how many do you get in a bucket and for how much?

Thanks

Thanks for posting the photos of the Mariner. And also for your overview of the ship. I've heard from other posts that Gary at MTD is excellent. I hope he's on the ship when we go in December. A standing reservation at a window table for two sounds perfect for us. Did you go the the MTD desk when you first got on the ship to make that standing reservation? And was it for a specific time each night? Or were you just guaranteed a window table for two when you showed up for MTD. Thanks in advance.

I am going to answer this question, as I might have more info than C&J about Gary...but then again maybe they do....;)

Gary is just a regular My time Dining waiter who was working with Anthony the MD. Anthony is more a hands on manager with his servers so choses to work on the floor rather than up front. He is leaving for vacation Nov. 1st., his wife is having a BB. "Majic" another MD will be coming back on and he stays more in the front.

C&J did have a standing reservations, we did not....it seemed those with standing reservations did get the window tables but we were always a table away which was not a problem.

Our My time experience on Mariner in May they would not let us have a set time, yet we always had a 2 top by the window, this time the size of MY time requests had tripled and they wanted us to have a set time...but we chose not to, being told we might have to wait 10-15 minutes(we never did, but we saw others waiting) seems it is still a work in progress, so who know what will happened by Dec.

If you want a window, you can always wait....remember in December you will have to eat pretty early to see anything out the window as it will be dark.

Wow, nice pics of the Mariner. We we on her this last May and June. We are sailing on the Radiance next week 11/02/09. I browsed some of your albums and saw the Radiance of the Seas. Really enjoyed looking at them. You did such a nice job on all your ship albums.

Thank you!!

We also where on the cruise with Craig and Jack. Funny thing is, I always found them in a bar.

As for robes, Royal provides them platinum members and higher and those in suites I belive, BUT, if you ask real nice and take care of him or her, your cabin attendant may be able to find one for you. We did this on our last two RCI cruises and had no problem.

See Craig, I'm not the only one;););)

Hi Dan......

But to see us in the bar, you had to have been there too:p:D

We went to the MTD desk on Deck 5 as soon as we boarded. We asked for a table for two but not specifically at the window. We happened to get a window the first night and commented how much we liked it and got one every time after that. We did have a standing reservation for 7:15.

C&J did have a standing reservations, we did not....it seemed those with standing reservations did get the window tables but we were always a table away which was not a problem.

And several times you were near us which made for a pleasant nice dining experience.:)

I am going to answer this question, as I might have more info than C&J about Gary...but then again maybe they do....;)

Gary is just a regular My time Dining waiter who was working with Anthony the MD. Anthony is more a hands on manager with his servers so choses to work on the floor rather than up front. He is leaving for vacation Nov. 1st., his wife is having a BB. "Majic" another MD will be coming back on and he stays more in the front.

Our My time experience on Mariner in May they would not let us have a set time, yet we always had a 2 top by the window, this time the size of MY time requests had tripled and they wanted us to have a set time...but we chose not to, being told we might have to wait 10-15 minutes(we never did, but we saw others waiting) seems it is still a work in progress, so who know what will happened by Dec.

If you want a window, you can always wait....remember in December you will have to eat pretty early to see anything out the window as it will be dark.

Thanks for answering my question. I hope that Majic is as friendly and accommodating as Gary seems to be. Are there a lot of tables for two in the My Time section of the dining room?

We went to the MTD desk on Deck 5 as soon as we boarded. We asked for a table for two but not specifically at the window. We happened to get a window the first night and commented how much we liked it and got one every time after that. We did have a standing reservation for 7:15.

Thanks for your reply. I was thinking of doing what you did ... make a standing reservation for two as soon as we get on the ship.

Congratulations and Happy Anniversary Craig & Jack! Wow, it's been a year already. Great, sharp photos of Mariner! Thanks for sharing them. :D

We are sailing on a short cruise on Radiance on the 7th. Hopefully we will chat before the end of the year. :)

~Patti & Bill :)

Thanks for answering my question. I hope that Majic is as friendly and accommodating as Gary seems to be. Are there a lot of tables for two in the My Time section of the dining room?

If it is the same Majic (tall man with dark rimmed glasses), he was our headwaiter last week (10/11-10/18) and he was very friendly and helpful. He helped with wine one member of our table brought to the dining room to share with all of us, cracked lobster tails on formal night and was generally a much more friendly and helpful presence than other head waiters on my past cruises. Many seem to only appear at tip time.

If it is the same Majic (tall man with dark rimmed glasses), he was our headwaiter last week (10/11-10/18) and he was very friendly and helpful. He helped with wine one member of our table brought to the dining room to share with all of us, cracked lobster tails on formal night and was generally a much more friendly and helpful presence than other head waiters on my past cruises. Many seem to only appear at tip time.

Sounds good. Can't wait to get on the ship!

Congratulations and Happy Anniversary Craig & Jack! Wow, it's been a year already. Great, sharp photos of Mariner! Thanks for sharing them. :D

We are sailing on a short cruise on Radiance on the 7th. Hopefully we will chat before the end of the year. :)

~Patti & Bill :)

Thanks Patti!! It's hard to believe it's been a year.

Enjoy your trip on Radiance. She is definitely a fave of ours.

Are there a lot of tables for two in the My Time section of the dining room?

Our MTD on the 9/20 sailing was mainly tables for 2, but we were wanting larger tables. It seemed if you had early MTD (around 6 pm), you would get larger tables, but around 7 pm it would be tables for 2.

Archived