Juice availability

lisaf1

I noticed that RCL now has a juice pacakge as well as the soda package. With all of the cutbacks that they have been doing can somebody who has cruised recently please let me know if juice is still available free during breakfast. I will be on Adventure the end of Nov.

Thanks,

Lisa

OJ at breakfast is definitely NOT Tang! It's regular juice (from concentrate) like most folks get at home. I think it's ok...not a big fan of "pulp' anyway.

You can also get apple and tomato juice.

Bring a larger cup/glass and keep some some for later, if you wish!

The "juice"" that is available without extra charge is more like Tang than juice, though.

Huh? Not true. The only problem is when you get a glass filled with ice. Then it will taste watered down. I always ask for it without the ice.

If you really want freshly squeezed OJ but do not want to pay for it, then just bring a small juice squeezer with you and use their oranges (that are available in the Windjammer all the time).

- and if you really want to get fancy, bring an electric blender.

Not that I would ever do anything like that!

andrew

We just returned from majesty. We had orange juice and apple juice only during breakfast. I did take a glasss of oj back with me and put it in a container in my room. I don't usually drink OJ, but I thought this was very good. Only one night we had fruit punch at sorrento's pizza.

I believe the juice package is for bottled juices. The juice available at breakfast is about the same as you will get at any restaurant at home if you were to go out for breakfast. It is included just like coffee and tea is included. We never buy beverage packages and always drink the available juice. It isn't terrible at all. Not the best juice, but good enough. The selection stays pretty much the same, but they change one or two throughout the cruise to something slightly different. I think we could always get apple, orange, and cranberry at the Windjammer buffet. They have iced tea, cold tea, and I think I remember lemonade.

Where is it that you can get cranberry? Is there a fruit juice available 24 hours? I really don't want to purchase a "beverage" card, but am leaning to it. What juices are available 24 hours a day?

Any fruit juice is available from any bar at any time - at an additional cost that is of course. For free fruit juice is only available at breakfast. A beverage card is only available for fountain sodas not juices. The juice package is bottles delivered to your cabin.

OJ at breakfast is definitely NOT Tang! It's regular juice (from concentrate) like most folks get at home. I think it's ok...not a big fan of "pulp' anyway.

You can also get apple and tomato juice.

Bring a larger cup/glass and keep some some for later, if you wish!

Unless RCCL has made some very recent changes, the OJ (and Apple beverage) at breakfast (the free stuff) is not real juice, nor is it simply OJ concentrate. The containers that are used to fill the machines are clearly marked as juice cocktails, and the staff will let you read the long list of ingredients (including a little orange juice way down on the list LOL). The orange and apple cocktail beverages contain a large amount of added sugars (high fructose, etc) plus dyes, etc which some people choose to avoid (or may need to avoid due to dietary restrictions). To say that these beverages are like Tang is only a very slight exageration since they do contain a very small part of actual fruit, which I don't think is actually in Tang.

When we sailed last December they said cranberry juice had been eliminated from the free drinks in the MDR...we really missed it!

The waiter at our table in Feb 2009 said that they don't have cranberry juice on board any more. Funny, since one of our table mates was drinking some boozey cranberry drink, and I had cranberry at breakfast (MDR). The headwaiter showed up a couple of minutes later with a glass of cranberry juice for the guy. He got it every night after that.

I believe the juice package is for bottled juices. The juice available at breakfast is about the same as you will get at any restaurant at home if you were to go out for breakfast. It is included just like coffee and tea is included. We never buy beverage packages and always drink the available juice. It isn't terrible at all. Not the best juice, but good enough. The selection stays pretty much the same, but they change one or two throughout the cruise to something slightly different. I think we could always get apple, orange, and cranberry at the Windjammer buffet. They have iced tea, cold tea, and I think I remember lemonade.

I usually wait til I get to the table in the Windjammer and ask one of the staff who circulate with the beverage carts (with coffee, tea, OJ, etc) for the tomato juice that I want for breakfast, or at least V-8. They manage to come up with it about 85% of the time. We've also gotten cranberry juice for my husband this way sometimes.

IMO Royal Caribbean sucks as far as juices for breakfast is concerned. Not sure what they have offered in the past, but just took my first cruise with them last week, and ONLY orange juice from concentrate (much too sweet, reguired added H2O) and apple juice. This was on the Radiance. Fresh squeezed OJ could be had for extra$$$. No tomato, no prune, no grapefruit, no pineapple, no guava, no mango. All of these available on HAL and CCL. But who knows with the economy the way it is maybe the later will have to cut back too.

To say that these beverages are like Tang is only a very slight exageration since they do contain a very small part of actual fruit, which I don't think is actually in Tang.

That's correct and what I meant. It isn't made from a powder, but from a highly concentrated liquid mixture. We have the same in our break rooms at work. It is an orange flavored beverage, not at all simply orange juice concentrate that needs to be reconstituted.

IMO Royal Caribbean sucks as far as juices for breakfast is concerned. Not sure what they have offered in the past, but just took my first cruise with them last week, and ONLY orange juice from concentrate (much too sweet, reguired added H2O) and apple juice. This was on the Radiance. Fresh squeezed OJ could be had for extra$$$. No tomato, no prune, no grapefruit, no pineapple, no guava, no mango. All of these available on HAL and CCL. But who knows with the economy the way it is maybe the later will have to cut back too.

Was that in Windjammer? We have been able to get various juices in MDR: Tomato, Pineapple, Apple, better OJ from concentrate. Never asked for the others. Pass-O-Guava would be great!

When we were on Brilliance last November, our waitress from the "My Time" dining was working the beverage area in the Wind Jammer each morning. We would stop by and she always made us a custom OJ. Which meant she got one of the cartons of OJ concentrate, poured some into the glasses, and then added a little water. This was much better than the normal watered down version they were giving everyone else.

• 1 year later...

Hi,

My father is ill and under doctor's orders to drink prune juice every day. A glass in the morning and a glass in the evening.

The poster above says that it is not available. But I've seen other posts saying it is. Some say available in the WJ, some say in the MDR only. Most say breakfast only. Anyone with any recent experience? We're sailing on Explorer if that makes difference.

If it is available at breakfast time only would it be available from room service afterwards? I suppose he could take the 2nd glass back from breakfast and leave it in the cabin fridge.

I've see posts extolling the virtues of prune juice cocktails so I assume it is on the ship. If it's not available for free would it be available for purchase?

Just trying to ascertain whether he needs to bring it from home.

Thanks,

Unless RCCL has made some very recent changes, the OJ (and Apple beverage) at breakfast (the free stuff) is not real juice, nor is it simply OJ concentrate. The containers that are used to fill the machines are clearly marked as juice cocktails, and the staff will let you read the long list of ingredients (including a little orange juice way down on the list LOL). The orange and apple cocktail beverages contain a large amount of added sugars (high fructose, etc) plus dyes, etc which some people choose to avoid (or may need to avoid due to dietary restrictions). To say that these beverages are like Tang is only a very slight exageration since they do contain a very small part of actual fruit, which I don't think is actually in Tang.

Sounds convincing, with the detail you've added, but it's still inaccurate.

Archived