Walking from FLL Renaissance hotel to port

septrack

...and those that want a little exercise before consuming numerous extra calories per day on the ship.

EXACTLY! The guy who keeps posting people are so cheap that they dont budget 10 dollars is getting tiring....

A little walking keeps the pounds off and heaven forbid is actually good for you!

EXACTLY! The guy who keeps posting people are so cheap that they dont budget 10 dollars is getting tiring....

A little walking keeps the pounds off and heaven forbid is actually good for you!

Which is why we are up in the gym at 7 every morning.

All this to save $10 when you have a cruise booked for $1000 pp or more?? Go Figure!! You can probably walk to the airport also and save another $15 - it is only about two miles - have fun.

Ron

Well said :D

I run 4-5 miles a day, am physically fit and will be parking in the garage at the Renaissance to go on our cruise on 11/21. I live locally so I know where the terminal is. Sorry, but I don't feel like lugging my luggage to the pier with the afternoon sun beating down on me so will be one of the "lazy" ones in a cab.:). It's vacation time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You wanna walk, walk...you wanna take a cab take a cab. There's no wrong or right with this discussion, just a personal preference.

I run 4-5 miles a day, am physically fit and will be parking in the garage at the Renaissance to go on our cruise on 11/21. I live locally so I know where the terminal is. Sorry, but I don't feel like lugging my luggage to the pier with the afternoon sun beating down on me so will be one of the "lazy" ones in a cab.:). It's vacation time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You wanna walk, walk...you wanna take a cab take a cab. There's no wrong or right with this discussion, just a personal preference.

Obviously you have allotted the $ 10 taxi cost into your budget - It must amount to at least 1/2 % of your total cruise cost!

Ron

Until you've been turned down for a short trip, you can't make that statement. Taxis historically can and do turn down fares. And yes, in Ft. Lauderdale too.
No I haven't been turned down but I can still make that statement...it is my opinion that I highly doubt the cab drivers will turn you down. And if one driver did, you can easily try another.

The people who take a cabs are the ones who don't realize how close the terminal really is.
I realize how close the terminal is......I prefer the cab ride for so little $$ than walking with luggage in the lovely 100% humidity in Ft. Lauderdale.

...and those that want a little exercise before consuming numerous extra calories per day on the ship.
You can exericise everyday at the gym on the ship.;)

Wow, a very simple question was asked, and there were some straightforward answers. I was very interested as well and we are staying there too and were considering walking, as we are healthy adults and don't need to drive a half a mile.

But the OP's question was CAN you walk to the pier? Not how can I save $10 by walking to the pier? Or SHOULD I walk to the pier? A very simple question with a lot of judgemental replies. IMHO

We stayed at the Renaissance in October and had no problem getting a taxi to the port. He was very pleasant about it all. The taxi fare was $10 by the time we waited at lights, on the way in the port, etc. To me that was totally worth it to save me the hassle of dragging all of our bags in 90 degree weather to the port. I mean - come on - $10? It's not that big of a deal.

We stayed at the Renaissance in October and had no problem getting a taxi to the port. He was very pleasant about it all. The taxi fare was $10 by the time we waited at lights, on the way in the port, etc. To me that was totally worth it to save me the hassle of dragging all of our bags in 90 degree weather to the port. I mean - come on - $10? It's not that big of a deal.

We are staying at the Renaissance after our cruise and no way am I dragging our luggage along and walk a mile or so in heavy traffic.

To the OP - if you decide to walk, please post back your experience!! Whether you would do it again or not.

Ron

Hi, Ron.

I support you fully in not walking from the Renaissance Hotel to the pier schlepping luggage for a 10-night cruise. The shuttle ($6 per person) was ready when we were, and we shared the nice, air-conditioned minivan with another couple. Plan on doing the same thing in January.

Bon Voyage!

Chris (Rochester Hills)

PS: Have you seen snow fly yet? :D

Hi, Ron.

I support you fully in not walking from the Renaissance Hotel to the pier schlepping luggage for a 10-night cruise. The shuttle ($6 per person) was ready when we were, and we shared the nice, air-conditioned minivan with another couple. Plan on doing the same thing in January.

Bon Voyage!

Chris (Rochester Hills)

PS: Have you seen snow fly yet? :D

Some folks trip over dollar bills to pick up pennies - No snow yet and I hope not until after Thanksgiving.

Ron

We are staying at the Renaissance after our cruise and no way am I dragging our luggage along and walk a mile or so in heavy traffic.

It,s not quite a mile to pier 1 or 2, but still not worth the hassle!!

Ron

Wow, a very simple question was asked, and there were some straightforward answers. I was very interested as well and we are staying there too and were considering walking, as we are healthy adults and don't need to drive a half a mile.

But the OP's question was CAN you walk to the pier? Not how can I save $10 by walking to the pier? Or SHOULD I walk to the pier? A very simple question with a lot of judgemental replies. IMHO

True, but I think it is strongly implied that if one is asking about walking

to the dock vs cabbing to the dock, the only reasonable conclusion that can be drawn is they want to save a few bucks.

I can't fathom that anyone would purposely set out to walk to the ship

with all their luggage in tow.

We did contemplate doing this when we were last there. However, we

did not, and were so glad we decided to take a cab. If it had just

been us and no luggage and non-humid weather, it would have been

very easy, but it's much easier to take a cab than try to dodge all

the traffic.

Archived