"I wish I knew before..."

T&Dcruisers

12 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

that particular sailing passengers got a 100% refund.

We are on it in April, and so far MSC hasn't communicated any port cancellations or changes.

Are you sure it was a 100% refund instead of a $100 OBC or FCC?

2 hours ago, drsel said:

It couldnt be only $100 OBC, cos some paid thousands for this cruise

Why not? What does that have to do with anything?

I was on Meraviglia a few months ago, scheduled to be the first ship to Ocean Cay, and they cancelled due to the island not being ready.  They gave every cabin $100 OBC.  Insides got $100, suites got $100.  I paid less for my balcony room than my friend paid for his inside room, and we both got $100 OBC for the missed port. 

3 hours ago, drsel said:

$100 is for one missed port but if all the ports are missed they would have to give much much more

Who said ALL the ports were missed?  Did you even read your OWN post in this thread?

On 3/11/2020 at 1:32 PM, drsel said:

Wow that's incredible, a hundred percent refund for just 1 or 2 missed ports

4 hours ago, brillohead said:

Thanks for providing details.  (Still think it's the wrong thread, though!)

Here's a tip -- don't believe everything you read on the internet, and CERTAINLY don't go spreading things that you don't personally know to be true.  Your credibility gets shot when you run around like Chicken Little repeating things that are false. 

two people on THAT particular cruise report the announcement of 100% refund, and you still think it's the wrong thread?

how's my credibility now, Brillohead?

• Like 1

Could everyone move this COVID 19 discussion over to one of the specific threads for that topic please. This thread is specifically meant for hints and suggestions from experienced cruisers to new cruisers. Thank you.

• Like 1

Apologies, I had a copy/paste goof (those comments were in my clipboard from a different discussion on a different subject), and edited my post and THOUGHT I had removed all that.

(you can see that I edited my post immediately after posting it -- that was me erasing (or thinking I was erasing) the goof)

All that was supposed to be there was the first part, thanking you for details and commenting on the wrong thread.

The "wrong thread" comments are NOT about the thread you posted in response to my request, but rather that THIS THREAD is supposed to be about things that people wished they knew before they cruised... like that you can't get into your rooms right away on the first day, or that you don't need to bring your own beach towels, or that you can request a different table in the MDR if you're seated at a table with a bunch of boors.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jazcat said:

Could everyone move this COVID 19 discussion over to one of the specific threads for that topic please. This thread is specifically meant for hints and suggestions from experienced cruisers to new cruisers. Thank you.

Exactly.... thank you!

On 3/11/2020 at 12:48 PM, Itchy&Scratchy said:

that particular sailing passengers got a 100% refund.

We are on it in April, and so far MSC hasn't communicated any port cancellations or changes.

Correction: I have not received *anything* from MSC in the form of refund. I'm giving them their full 30 days to refund me, as stated in the letter we received in our stateroom. After that, I will request a chargeback from my credit card company for the cruise-only fare (which was around $1400), using the official MSC letter as proof we were offered a refund.

8 minutes ago, allyfrizzle said:

Correction: I have not received *anything* from MSC in the form of refund. I'm giving them their full 30 days to refund me, as stated in the letter we received in our stateroom. After that, I will request a chargeback from my credit card company for the cruise-only fare (which was around $1400), using the official MSC letter as proof we were offered a refund.

just an FYI: I just now applied for my refund of our cancelled April cruise and it said: 60 days.

27 minutes ago, allyfrizzle said:

How did you apply for a refund? The difference is that I took the cruise.

You need to contact your MSc agent who booked The Cruise for you.

my online agent always gets me a full refund, even if I cancel MSc.