Sunny Liston vs Godfrey tours in St Thomas or other tours??

gam888

Heard good reviews about Sunny Liston but not sure if we are ready for a "wild singing tour" for hours at St Thomas. Also heard about Godfrey tours. Could you please share your experience with these tours or any other tours you have done not from the ship? We would like minimum shopping, like to do sightseeing and have some beach time. What would you recommend? Not into zip line or jungle hikes though. Any info are welcome! We will be traveling with our by then 16 year old daughter in march

We have done both and Sunny has great music, but if you are sitting near the front of his vehicle, it is deafening,. We enjoyed both tours, but I think Godfrey did give more tour info than Sunny.

Another thing is the Godfrey allows full payment when you get onboard, whereas Sunny requests payment in full in advance. I don't believe you will lose money with Sunny if the ship doesn't go to St Thomas, but I am not sure of his cancellation policy if you change your mind.

Either is good and both do basically the same tour,. Just book the one you feel more comfortable with. Enjoy!

We used Godfrey- Like you didnt want to spend hours shopping so he picked us up at 11 for an hour of shopping downtown-- after we were there we wished we came earlier coz window shopping is just as nice.

then he picked us up at a designated spot at noon and off we went for our two hour tour--then to the beach for 2 hours. (we didnt want to do the beach so he took us back to the ship.

Best money we spent on an excursion

I did Sunny Liston in Aug/sept with my BF. We had a great time! very upbeat, the other tours and taxis passengers was looking into our vans for fun lol, passengers on the street was dancing along with us. For the price i think i had a great tour of St thomas very informative! and the Banana Daquris (sp?) are to die for!! :Dlol but i guess thats what i get for being 21 a few days before my birthday (at the time), it also may help that i listen to my Ipod at deathing levels lol:rolleyes:

Overall Liston has my approval i wouldnt hesitate to do it again!;)

If worried about the music levels sit towads the back of the bus.

Not to be the only negative post here, but make sure you have Godfrey's phone number with you. He stood us up and also another couple. They had his number and my husband had a phone, so we called. He forgot, no apology, no I will be right there. The "head" of the taxi drivers got a cab and asked him to give us a tour. He did a nice job and took us to the beach. We didn't get to shop because we waited for over an hour for Godfrey to show up. Didn't let it ruin our day. We confirmed a few days before our cruise, so don't know what happened!

We took Godfreys tour the first time. Sunny's tour was at most of our stops at the same time and they took turns giving the talk. When it came time to leave the beach, Sunny took everyone that was going to the ships and Godfrey took the island tourists to their hotels. We enjoyed the singing on the way back with Sunny and have since taken two more tours with him. One was extra loud and full of energy, the other was laid back. It really depends on the passengers.

We did Godfreys tour everything is great except on his website it stated you could pick what beach.Not true he takes you to whatever beach he wants. I even asked and he said the other beach not safe because it had large waves on that side?However our tablemates went and said it was perfect i have seen many say the same about his tour.So go if you do not care what beach but if you want to go to a particular one i would pick another tour.

Heard good reviews about Sunny Liston but not sure if we are ready for a "wild singing tour" for hours at St Thomas. Also heard about Godfrey tours. Could you please share your experience with these tours or any other tours you have done not from the ship? We would like minimum shopping, like to do sightseeing and have some beach time. What would you recommend? Not into zip line or jungle hikes though. Any info are welcome! We will be traveling with our by then 16 year old daughter in march

we've done Godfrey twice. You start out with shopping, then a tour of St Thomas then a trip to the beach of your choice. We went to Sapphire beach both times.

If you want little shopping or none Godfrey will pick you up later. One time we asked to be picked up at 11am and skipped shopping. We got picked up by his nephew Anthony in an air conditioned van instead of the pick up with the safari top.

Bill

We have used Godfrey twice and often recommend him to friends. He is a joy! One day, it was raining as we headed to the beach and most said I'll go anyway and insisted on being dropped off in the rain at Sapphire Beach or Megan's Bay. We told Godfrey we would go back to town rather than sit in the rain at the beach. He drove us to Secret Harbor and picked us up hours later. It was bright and sunny at Secret Harbor and we really enjoyed our day. So we will definitely book with Godfrey again.

We did Godfrey tours, through reccomedations thru here on CC. I liked it because no credit card has to be given, just your word and he is there to get you, and our ship was late coming in and he was waiting with cold bottled water for us. Very imformative and friendly, would go again with him next time we get to St Thomas....you will love him!

We used Sunny when we were in St. Thomas and I highly reccommend him to you. We were given the option to shop however long we chose to and received a very informative, enlightening, and entertaining tour of the Island. My husband and I were amused to see the looks of other tourists who chose other operators. We had a blast and that money we spent was well worth it. I wish I could go with him in January when we are next in St. Thomas, but we are travelling with a fairly large group and we made other plans. But I will not hesitate to use Sunny's services again when time and opportunity permits.

Thank you everyone for your replies. Just curious, during the Sunny Liston tour, do the passengers sing along with him or just Sunny is singing? Does he sing just from time to time but have the music blasting all though the duration of the tour? For the folks who went on the two hours shopping tour, since we are not into major shopping but just wouldn't mind window shopping, do you think one hour is too short? I would hate to pick one hour and run out of time to look around and feel I wish I had more time afterward. Are they places to sit down for people watching if we just want to relax a bit if we are done shopping and still too early for the sightseeing part? I am curious about the upbeat tour of Sunny but just don't want to end up being in a really rowdy tour, I presume it's not one of those "booze tours" when everyone is happy and sometimes too happy????

We have only done Godfrey, and what made him stick out was his PASSION for the island. He bent over backwards to please, as well as being well versed. He had flexable hours of pickup so that you could get either 1, 2 or 3 hours shopping downtown.

We made our reservations online, and he was exactly where he said he was going to be.

This now reminds me of the tragedy at Mountain Top. :(

We, along with 4 other friends all booked Godfrey for our cruise back in September. Godfrey was so nice and down to earth. He definately has a passion for St.Thomas. He's very knowledgeable and knows his stuff. We met several other tour operators at various stops, who offer very similiar packages for shopping, sightseeing and the beach. Some people chose Megans Bay and some chose Coki Beach. Our group all selected Megans Bay and we really enjoyed our time at the Beach! We picked 2 hours of shopping and that wasn't long enough for us because we LOVE shopping and walking in the various stores. I would recommend Godfrey to anyone! I don't think you'd be sorry if you picked him.

We did the Sunny Liston tour and it was the absolute BEST tour!! Sunny is probably the happiest person that I have ever met. We had our 15 year old daughter and 17 year old son with us and they couldn't get the smiles off of their faces. Sunny sings for sure, but it's so much fun that everyone that we passed waved and smiled at us!! I saw an item that I wanted to buy in the gift shop on the mountaintop and regretfully didn't. I've been thinking about it ever since, so I emailed Sunny and asked him to give me the name and phone number of the place. He got me the item and is mailing it to me!!! I'm astounded!! What a great person to do that for a virtual stranger. I highly recomend him and his tour...!! We did 2 hours of shopping (mostly looking), 2 hours of Sapphire Beach (I would do Maegan's Bay if I had to do it over..we have done it before and it's prettier I think) and the 1-1 1/2 tour which shouldn't be missed!! Enjoy yourselves!!!:D

We have also used Godfrey and highly recommend him. His tour was awesome. He gave us a choice of beaches and we chose Coki. I really liked that beach by the way. I will use him again.We each gave him a good tip because he deserved it.

Does anyone have a link to Godfrey's site?? I am interested in getting more info for his tours. Thanks

we all picked different beaches when i went and there was no problem.He was also there waiting for us when we got off the ship.It was a great time so we are going back next week and doing it again with Godfrey.

We did Godfreys tour everything is great except on his website it stated you could pick what beach.Not true he takes you to whatever beach he wants. I even asked and he said the other beach not safe because it had large waves on that side?However our tablemates went and said it was perfect i have seen many say the same about his tour.So go if you do not care what beach but if you want to go to a particular one i would pick another tour.

we've used him twice and have always been taken to the beach of our choice.:confused:

Bill

Archived