"2012" Would you want to spend the last few days on a cruise liner?

M.S JAZO

Would you want to spend the last few days before the world ended on a cruise liner?  

181 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want to spend the last few days before the world ended on a cruise liner?

• Yes
    • No

Saw 2012 this weekend and in the movie a cruise liner, The Genesis, which looked a lot like Oasis of the Seas goes down after the tidal waves sweep across the world. Now this wave is massive compared to the one in Poseidon, however, no is coming to rescue you after if you happen to survive. So, I got a question. Lets say the world is coming to an end. Would you want to spend your last days sailing on a cruise ship until whatever was going to happen, happen?

Oh wow ... hadn't thought of tips. Maybe this is one instance where nobody needs to tip! While we're at it, can I please have a free coke cup to share with my DH? He plans to wear shorts in the MDR and smoke in the Cabin. They can fine us too!! Just kidding, BTW.;)

Sure as long as my family is with me. If the world is going to end I can't think of a better place than to be on a cruise. I have already told my family that I would like to be cremated when I die and have my ashes scattered at sea while they are on a cruise celebrating my life. :)

Well, since we’re living in fantasy land today, I think instead of going down with the ship so to speak, I’m going to use the new space rocket my dad built for me and jettison myself from the earth before it ends. I will then travel to another planet where my strength is magnified by the planets gravitional pull and therefore makes me the most powerful being on the planet. I will then live there as some mild mannered behind the scenes type person, with a job that will keep me informed of the goings on around the planet, so at a moment’s notice, I can swoop in to stop the evil & carnage of my new world!!!!

banana132.gif

Otherwise, sure.;)

Last moments with panic crazed strangers on a cruise ship:eek: No way.Friends ,family loved ones in our comfort zone would be a zillion times better.We saw the movie and my wife said she was a little teary eyed that John Cusack and family lived happily ever after while over 3 billion others bit the dust

:cj

Last moments with panic crazed strangers on a cruise ship:eek: No way.Friends ,family loved ones in our comfort zone would be a zillion times better.We saw the movie and my wife said she was a little teary eyed that John Cusack and family lived happily ever after while over 3 billion others bit the dust

Dang, no spoiler alert as to what happens to the primary characters. Oh well, you saved me the cost of admission and popcorn. :p

Dang, no spoiler alert as to what happens to the primary characters. :p

I thought the same thing...I havent seen the film yet :mad: - now I know what happens to the main characters - but they usually survive anyway :D

If my family and I are going to die together I want to have some fun doing it!:D

I will feel sorry for the ships crew that will have to cater to me knowing they will not be able to use their tips:p.

Think about it ,if you were the ships crew would you be spending your final moments catering to passengers?.Naw,If I were the crew I'd be in a quiet section drinking the good stuff and eating the better food.Let the passengers wait on themselves:D

I would love to spend my last days on a ship, but the weather better cooperate and if RCCL knows in advance that this is the last cruise going out before we all die, they freakin' better let me bring alcohol onboard, stiff the staff, smoke wherever I want and wear shorts in the MDR!

Well, since we’re living in fantasy land today, I think instead of going down with the ship so to speak, I’m going to use the new space rocket my dad built for me and jettison myself from the earth before it ends. I will then travel to another planet where my strength is magnified by the planets gravitional pull and therefore makes me the most powerful being on the planet. I will then live there as some mild mannered behind the scenes type person, with a job that will keep me informed of the goings on around the planet, so at a moment’s notice, I can swoop in to stop the evil & carnage of my new world!!!!

banana132.gif

quote]

Good post ... I'm a little slow this afternoon, though, took me a few minutes to figure out why it seemed so familiar!!

Some of us may want to spend the final days on a cruise ship, but I don't think the crew would!!

Can I bring my dogs?

LOL! I thought of that too...but for us, it would be our dog, cats, chickens, and horses!:eek: Oh...and our DD's pet birds. Since my list constitutes the start of an ark, it just might be a good idea....:rolleyes:

But on the other hand, I think I would pass on the cruise and stay at home surrounded by my loved ones & critters.

NoahsArk.jpg

For those who saw the movie, your reviews. I haven't read any good ones yet, so hesitant to spend the $$ and wait til it comes to TV, but then won't get the full affects that way.

When & if a disaster of that nature comes, not sure we will be able to choose where to be, but hope its with our daughter and their family.

DH and I just returned from seeing 2012. I won't spoil the ending for all of you so all I can say is....

I would not want to be on a cruiseship during my final hours, unless my family and dogs were with me and we would be on dry land once again.

P.S. I would sure have a good time running up my seapass bill though.

I would love to spend my last days on a ship, but the weather better cooperate and if RCCL knows in advance that this is the last cruise going out before we all die, they freakin' better let me bring alcohol onboard, stiff the staff, smoke wherever I want and wear shorts in the MDR!

LOL!!!! Me, too!!

No Thanks!! Drowning is a horrible way to go. I think I would like to go in the privacy of my own home, bottle of bourbon in one hand and the biggest joint I could roll in the other hand. Oh yeah, I forgot the big bag of Cheetos..........

Archived