3 adults in CC cabin with veranda

papuchon

To be honest, forget it. Those cabins are small and the closet and drawer space will be barely adequate for two adults for a 14 night cruise. I don't see how three adults will remain sane for 14 nights in those small CC cabins---just the bathroom issue alone will be tough. You will be living out of suitcases because there will not be enough space for clothing and all the other things that you bring for a cruise that long. The cabin is only 191 sq ft.

:)Well, I and my two girlfriends will be staying in a CC cabin together for a ten day cruise. We have done it before in a smaller cabin than the CC. Yes, it is tight. When the sofa bed it out for the night , there is little room to move so you need to be organized. As long as you have a balcony to spill out on , it is not so bad / and the price is right! Your toiletries need to be limited and placed carefully and respectfully.

I have done 2 two week cruises (one 14 day and one 12 day) as the third adult in a veranda class on the M class. It was better than staying home or paying the single supplement (which was not really an option at the time). It all depends on how close you are to your travel companions and how much space and privacy you are used to. Pack light. I have done two week trips in China and in France with only carry on luggage. I have not tried that on a cruise because of the formal nights but with luggage charges bringing formal attire may soon become a thing of the past. The real downside is a lack of a place to nap during the day for the third person. Also, changing in the bathroom can be a hassle, especially with the humidity. I learned to use the handheld shower turned to cold to cool down the shower walls. That really cuts down on the steam when you step out.

A factor to consider is whether you are C-1, C-2 , or C-3. I believe that the cabins in C-3, are about 21 square feet smaller; and, the balconies for both of these categories are in the 38-41 square feet category. If you are in one of the 12 C-1 cabins with the larger balconies, then you might make it if one person sleeps on the balcony.

How big are the cabins with veranda, deck 9, Concierge Class. We are 3 adults and we'll be sailing for 14 days with a lot of clothes. Where can I see pictures of a cabin?:o

Well, nobody really answered your question. Concierge class cabins on deck 9 are 191 sq. ft. Not sure you could fit 3 people on the balcony; in any event, there are only 2 chairs and a table.

Don't know what you will do with your lots of clothes. These cabins have an adequate amount of storage for two people who pack a reasonable amount of clothes.

Unfortunately the site which had pictures of cabins is no longer. Perhaps someone who has stayed in such a cabin will post a picture.

Now, I don't know if it's too late to make alternative arrangements or not, but I would advise against 3 adults in one of these cabins. There's barely enough room for 2 to move around. You may end up hating one another after 14 days in such a small space.

I don't think you three will be happy unless you get really get along. There will not be much room for cloths, and there will be little or no privacy. It may be better to get an inside room just for sleeping and the three of you can spend time together on the balcony, but still have room for your cloths and privacy....

I would look at a Sky Suite, the room is much bigger and has a bigger bathroom.

If you do go for the CC I hope you all get along, but look at the forum giving tips as you may pick up some ideas to help you,such as a shoe

holder to hang on the Bathroom door for toiletries.

Have a great cruise, by the way when are you sailing?

We are booked on the equinox SV6308 and decided last night to take our 29 year old single daughter with us . since our cabin cannot accomodate 3 we are switching to another cabin that has a conv sofa. We stayed 3 in the cabin last year in the independence of the seas and had no problems . As far as the bathroom is concerned . DH showered first and then went to a bar to meet with us later . She went next and then I did my thing . We are fairly organized and all are pretty neat so we never had tons of stuff around. You can make it work if you want to

Happy Cruiser 6143-I assume from your screen name that you have stayed in this cabin; and, it is my recollection that it and the stern C-1 cabins all have loungers as well as chairs and a nice large table which will accomodate breakfast. Now, we would never even consider three persons in such cabin but, if push came to shove, the lounge on the balcony would make a suitable bed for someone who loves the outdoors, except, of course, when it rains.

Ive been the third person in a cc room before. I never had a problem. Went with my parents. The sofa bed was fine. If the itinerary is to a warm area its not to bad. Since mostly during the day you are in shorts or bathing suits Of course I dont overpack anymore and no I dont need a third of what I take. The room was a little disorganized by the 10th day but all it was used for was sleeping and taking showers. I mostly took my shower first or just went to the spa and took it there. Storage can be a hassle but there are enough draws and space for everything. Of course this was one of the 191 sq ft ones on the M class. I dont think it could be done with a smaller one. But as I said all we ever use the cabin for was sleep and showers so we were not in there alot.

How big are the cabins with veranda, deck 9, Concierge Class. We are 3 adults and we'll be sailing for 14 days with a lot of clothes. Where can I see pictures of a cabin?:o

Don't know if this helps here is a link for pictures of the Equinox with all cabin types. I would probally only do it with say my sister and Mum but it would be a very TIGHT squeeze.

http://www.depping-design.de/test/index.php

Happy Cruiser 6143-I assume from your screen name that you have stayed in this cabin; and, it is my recollection that it and the stern C-1 cabins all have loungers as well as chairs and a nice large table which will accomodate breakfast. Now, we would never even consider three persons in such cabin but, if push came to shove, the lounge on the balcony would make a suitable bed for someone who loves the outdoors, except, of course, when it rains.

That's correct, that's my cabin (although you're welcome to use it when I'm not). ;) I would never even think of sailing with 3 people in that cabin and it is larger than ordinary CC cabins, which is what the OP is talking about. And, yes, it has 2 loungers, 2 chairs, and a table on the veranda.

That's correct, that's my cabin (although you're welcome to use it when I'm not). ;) I would never even think of sailing with 3 people in that cabin and it is larger than ordinary CC cabins, which is what the OP is talking about. And, yes, it has 2 loungers, 2 chairs, and a table on the veranda.

We tried to get it for our Connie cruise next year, but it was taken maybe by you. Anyhoo, we were able to book 6144, which, as you know, is the same but it is starboard. We prefer 6143, because at Sailaway you can view all of the folks in the condos and houses blowing their horns and whistles etc., while you sip the bubbly.

6143 coming up on the Summitt in a few weeks........

You can do the 3 in a room - have done it many times - most recently last year.

As long as you have a storage and bathroom plan no problem.

We kept some things in suitcases and had all hanging things in closets.

Some things in drawers.

Bathroom was easy - women went to room first then I show up about 1/2 hour before dinner and get everything done fast.

This forum is AWESOME !!!! After reviewing all the comments, we have decided to have 2 cabins: 1 Oceanview and 1 inside. A little bit more expensive, but twice the surface and 2 bathrooms.

Thanks a lot to y'all.

I don't think you'll regret that decision. You'll all be more relaxed having more personal space. Have a great cruise!

I did the TA Equinox with my parents in Concierge Class. You have to be creative with your clothes and and plenty of room for toiletries in the bath area. The bins that hold the life preservers were used for clothes and the preservers left right under the bed with easy access. BUT the couch is not a sofa bed as advertised. It is a pull-out drawer with a 2" mattress. Very hard and no egg crates were available.

Archived