So how do YOU do it?

cantwait06

Ok, here goes.

My fiancee and I are getting married in July and taking our honeymoon August 1 on the Victory. We are so excited for the honeymoon and I feel like the time is dragging until we get there. So our cure: book another cruise to help pass the time!

I'm a teacher, so we booked a spring break cruise on the Pride in April. I thought that since we had one coming a little closer it would help make the time fly...

WRONG! Its dragging! I'm so excited now for 2 cruises that I feel like it is taking forever to get here! It doesn't help that our DD is so excited for the Pride cruise that every day when she wakes up she says "are we going on the big boat today Mommy?"

Last time I booked a cruise, I used cruise critic to help get me by. Its not helping this time-I feel like all I'm seeing lately is people complaining about the Destiny!

So I need your help-what helps you pass the time until your cruise???

Not sure what helps with that. Know you will have a great time on both cruises. I usually read reviews here and that helps me get through the doldrums.

Yes, the reviews do help! I love seeing people pictures of the beautiful places they have visited!

Uh- maybe you could get excited and anxious about your wedding- which will in the long run be far more important and life changing that a cruise? Just a thought.

As far as your DD- sounds like she is young enough that the two of you might make a paper chain that she can tear off each day which will help her to get some perspective on how long it is until you cruise. Might help you too.

I had the same problem last year...we booked a cruise in March for the following October, then ended up booking another one to "fill the gap" which sailed in July. I'm not sure how I got through it...wine? LOL Seriously, it is tough to wait!!

When we returned from our October cruise I felt an antsy feeling to get at least one more cruise booked so I would have something to look forward to. We ended up booking 2 for late next year (one w/ kids one w/o). I find this has helped me tremendously. I'm not as antsy for August to get here this time.

Good luck with the time passage! enjoy your April cruise and congrats on the wedding!

U

As far as your DD- sounds like she is young enough that the two of you might make a paper chain that she can tear off each day which will help her to get some perspective on how long it is until you cruise.

That's what I did for my kids. It does help.

Uh- maybe you could get excited and anxious about your wedding- which will in the long run be far more important and life changing that a cruise? Just a thought.

As far as your DD- sounds like she is young enough that the two of you might make a paper chain that she can tear off each day which will help her to get some perspective on how long it is until you cruise. Might help you too.

Well-I don't recall asking for advice about my upcoming wedding. For the record-I AM excited about my upcoming MARRIAGE-the wedding itself will be a fun day, but the MARRIAGE is the exciting part for me. Just my thought.

Thanks for the advice about my daughter though.

Seriously, sometimes the people in this forum need to get a life.

Cruise vicariously athrough the eyes of other cruisers. Thats what makes these sites great. Heck it's been over a year since i was on a ship and its making me nuts. I have a short cruise planned for March but my brain is already in overdrive for 2011 and 2012 (and cna I afford another 2010),,,where will I go? My main problem is my next cruise is only 4 days and that is not enough. 10 nights is a good lenght in time for me, 7 is okay, 4 is way too short.

Cruise vicariously athrough the eyes of other cruisers. Thats what makes these sites great. Heck it's been over a year since i was on a ship and its making me nuts. I have a short cruise planned for March but my brain is already in overdrive for 2011 and 2012 (and cna I afford another 2010),,,where will I go? My main problem is my next cruise is only 4 days and that is not enough. 10 nights is a good lenght in time for me, 7 is okay, 4 is way too short.

Good advice! I hope you can come up with some good plans for cruising in the next few years!!!! I've never been on a cruise for more then 4 nights, my next 2 both are though, so I'm excited! Where are you going on your 4 night?

Good advice! I hope you can come up with some good plans for cruising in the next few years!!!! I've never been on a cruise for more then 4 nights, my next 2 both are though, so I'm excited! Where are you going on your 4 night?

Well I must tell you the reaosn first is the economy punched us around a bit so I was looking for cheap and looking for something out of Long Beach because thats like 20 miles from my house. So what we are looking at for availability are 7 night cruises to Mexico and 3 or 4 night cruises to Ensenada so I took the 4 nighter. Its goes to Catalina (been there dozens of times) and to Ensenada (been there twice) so its not so much the destination as the journey.

So for future if I don't want to fly we have the Mexican Riviera from here or San Diego. I may try the Mexican trip here by CCL and then try the same one from San Diego on HAL. I've already cruised Northern Europe, Canada and Alaska. I would stil like to do Alaska again, the Mediteranean but for 2012 I may take a Nile River cruise instead of a large ship cruise. If the economy bounces back I can only afford one huge trip a year.

I am taking a friend and his wife along on the 4 nighter to Baja,,their first cruise. They live in San Fransico and I am hoping this works out that we may do it as an annual deal,,,there are a couple of other things we do annually and I would like to add this to our calanders. Its was so cheap ,,we paid 548 for my wife and myself,,now I have to control my onboard spending (I am a bingo addict,,there I said it).

Well I must tell you the reaosn first is the economy punched us around a bit so I was looking for cheap and looking for something out of Long Beach because thats like 20 miles from my house. So what we are looking at for availability are 7 night cruises to Mexico and 3 or 4 night cruises to Ensenada so I took the 4 nighter. Its goes to Catalina (been there dozens of times) and to Ensenada (been there twice) so its not so much the destination as the journey.

So for future if I don't want to fly we have the Mexican Riviera from here or San Diego. I may try the Mexican trip here by CCL and then try the same one from San Diego on HAL. I've already cruised Northern Europe, Canada and Alaska. I would stil like to do Alaska again, the Mediteranean but for 2012 I may take a Nile River cruise instead of a large ship cruise. If the economy bounces back I can only afford one huge trip a year.

I am taking a friend and his wife along on the 4 nighter to Baja,,their first cruise. They live in San Fransico and I am hoping this works out that we may do it as an annual deal,,,there are a couple of other things we do annually and I would like to add this to our calanders. Its was so cheap ,,we paid 548 for my wife and myself,,now I have to control my onboard spending (I am a bingo addict,,there I said it).

LOL, well, the first step is admittance!

The economy thing is rough, but at least you live within driving distance to some ports, good for yoU! I hope you can get a cruise or 3 booked to help you pass the time (and to feed your BINGO addiction!)

Ok, here goes.

My fiancee and I are getting married in July and taking our honeymoon August 1 on the Victory. We are so excited for the honeymoon and I feel like the time is dragging until we get there. So our cure: book another cruise to help pass the time!

I'm a teacher, so we booked a spring break cruise on the Pride in April. I thought that since we had one coming a little closer it would help make the time fly...

WRONG! Its dragging! I'm so excited now for 2 cruises that I feel like it is taking forever to get here! It doesn't help that our DD is so excited for the Pride cruise that every day when she wakes up she says "are we going on the big boat today Mommy?"

Last time I booked a cruise, I used cruise critic to help get me by. Its not helping this time-I feel like all I'm seeing lately is people complaining about the Destiny!

So I need your help-what helps you pass the time until your cruise???

I know that reading negative reviews can dampen the spirit. But I try not to focus on those reviews, as even though the poster may have had a negative experience, that may be due to many reasons, most of which wont affect your cruise. No matter what, look forward to your cruise and honeymoon. I usually book my cruises within 3 months of sailing, and I find the time goes fairly fast. However my next cruise is booked for September 2010! So not sure how I will get by till then, other than reading the reviews, and soaking up all the info I can get off Cruise Critic boards. Wishing you all the best for your wedding/and cruise honeymoon. I think what ever problem the Destiny has been having will be ironed out by then. Carnival cant afford to have a ship out of commission for very long. They will fix whatever is wrong, and you will have a blast on your cruise!:) And you are very fortuneate to be able to cruise twice in one year. Ok...I am envious! But I wish you a great cruise both times!:)

We went to Las Vegas (just got back) and everyone is asking where we are going before our next cruise in March,:rolleyes: I think we will have to stay home and plan our trip in June to London, Paris and Scotland. :D

You kill time well my friend. :cool:

I know that reading negative reviews can dampen the spirit. But I try not to focus on those reviews, as even though the poster may have had a negative experience, that may be due to many reasons, most of which wont affect your cruise. No matter what, look forward to your cruise and honeymoon. I usually book my cruises within 3 months of sailing, and I find the time goes fairly fast. However my next cruise is booked for September 2010! So not sure how I will get by till then, other than reading the reviews, and soaking up all the info I can get off Cruise Critic boards. Wishing you all the best for your wedding/and cruise honeymoon. I think what ever problem the Destiny has been having will be ironed out by then. Carnival cant afford to have a ship out of commission for very long. They will fix whatever is wrong, and you will have a blast on your cruise!:) And you are very fortuneate to be able to cruise twice in one year. Ok...I am envious! But I wish you a great cruise both times!:)

Hi Sparky!

Thank you so much! I am sooooo lucky to be cruising twice in one year, I still sometimes can't believe that we are doing it! Since we can drive to the Port of Baltimore it did help-airfare is usually what kills us! I hope the time passes quickly until your September cruise as well!

Archived