Best thing you ate on the Solstice or X in general?

las22

What was your favorite food on your X cruise? What were the definite "can't miss it!" items? This question was on the Princess Board and by reading the responses DH and I knew to order the fettucine alfredo as an appetizer, which we would probably have bypassed otherwise (and it is GOOD!). We're sailing on the Solstice on 12/13 and would love to hear what you thought was best!

My preferences:

In MDR, the lamb chops; Murano, the Goat Cheese Souffle, in Silk Harvest the Wontons and Orange Chicken, and in Tuscan Grill my all time new favoriate--the crap and corn appetizer.

Las22, this post was a great idea! I can't wait to see what everyone says. For me, my favorites on the Solstice were:

1. The mushroom cappuccino appetizer in Murano... SOOOO good!

2. The miso ice cream ball dessert in Silk Harvest... Very unique, ice cream wrapped in these doughy balls, but very delicious!

3. The crepes... Any of them!

My preferences:

In MDR, the lamb chops; Murano, the Goat Cheese Souffle, in Silk Harvest the Wontons and Orange Chicken, and in Tuscan Grill my all time new favoriate--the crap and corn appetizer.

Hi Joe:).....I chose lamb in Murano's last weekend...oh, it has been

a week already!:eek:

How was your time on Oasis?

Favorite dessert is creme brulee'. Tuscan Grille has a yummy appetizer, it's basically a big cup of crabmeat, perhaps what nps001 is referring to? I could just eat a few of those for dinner! :)

If you like breakfast, try the muesli, it's got fruit in it, very good and good for you!

Lois,

I must admit that I was very pleasantly surprised about the Oasis and in a good way. The decor is a lot like Solstice--clean lines, modern, bright. I was told we had 4200 passengers on board and it really would have guessed closer to 2,000. Nothing was crowded including the massive pool decks. The pics are uploaded under my signature for anyone that wants to see them.

I really have to give RCL kudos for one thing because I was cynical and therefore timed it. RCL had a goal of getting guests on the ship in 15 minutes. We made it in 12. 16 security lines and endless check in desks.

Lois,

I must admit that I was very pleasantly surprised about the Oasis and in a good way. The decor is a lot like Solstice--clean lines, modern, bright. I was told we had 4200 passengers on board and it really would have guessed closer to 2,000. Nothing was crowded including the massive pool decks. The pics are uploaded under my signature for anyone that wants to see them.

I really have to give RCL kudos for one thing because I was cynical and therefore timed it. RCL had a goal of getting guests on the ship in 15 minutes. We made it in 12. 16 security lines and endless check in desks.

Glad ya'll enjoyed yourselves:)...nice photos. Didn't you take any

of Equinox?

I ate many delicious meals in the 11 days I spent on Solstice a few weeks ago. You can read about every meal here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1089237

My favorite was the Halibut Wrapped in Feuille de Brick with Yellow Corn and Lobster Chowder, which is a dinner entree in Blu.

On other cruises, I have very much enjoyed the goat cheese souffle in Murano and I don't even like goat cheese!

On the Equinox in the Tuscan Grille, the veal chop was the best piece of meat I have ever had on a cruise ship (and that's saying a lot). If I had been at home (and my DW not in the room), I would have picked up the bone and gnawed on it. As it was, I spent quite a few minutes with my knife and fork getting all the meat off the bone that I could without embarrassing myself. Tender, juicy and tasty. And cooked to perfection.

We went back another night and I had a very good ribeye, but it didn't compare

I always pick up the bone and get every last delicious morsel I can... ate my fabulous lamb chops that way in Rome and on the ship and my husband certainly doesn't mind. I always scold him at home for leaving all that meat on the bone.

You can also get the chocolate lava cake in Blu by asking for it. I didn't even ask... I just said I liked it when it was served at the brunch, and there it was on our table, served with ice cream for a treat on the last night. I wish I could have some right now!

Breakfast...Waffles and French Toast, yogurt smoothies

Lunch...Pizza. On Solstice the buffet had so many choices...loved the Mexican grill and the salsa!!!! Also the Asian cuisines

Dinner...Love eating at specialty rest. I love the M-class....Lobster Bisque, Goat Cheese Souffle, Prawns wrapped in bacon.

Dessert....what is not to love about dessert!!!! The ice cream is so good and so are the chocolate chip cookies at the casual afternoon tea!

We also loved the crepes at Bistro on 5.

My hubby loves the Duck, and Lamb Shank.

Now i am hungry!!!

Archived