Flight home from FLL on March 20th

Learning to swim

I am about to book our very first cruise on Celebrity's Century for a five night jaunt RT from Miami. At the moment I have booked our flight home to leave Fort Lauderdale at 1:30pm. My question is, is this enough time for a Saturday (March 20th, Spring break) departure? I have been scanning threads but didn't see exactly what I was looking for other than that Saturday and Sundays are heavy airport traffic days and something about how it will be even more so once Oasis of the Seas is in port. So I looked up what ships might be in port that day, and viola, Oasis of the Seas will be there. Plus, if I am reading the schedule correctly, so will the Princess Crown, Independence of the Seas, Ruby Princess, Eurodam, Poesia, and Carnival Miracle. We were hoping to fly in and out of FLL using a credit we have on SouthWest and can change again, just at a higher rate. Please advise if you think we should try to rebook, there is still a 5:50 pm flight available. The flight will cost us a bit more and I rather not change it if I don't have to, but also don't want our first cruise experience to be stressful. Any thoughts? Thanks.

I am about to book our very first cruise on Celebrity's Century for a five night jaunt RT from Miami. At the moment I have booked our flight home to leave Fort Lauderdale at 1:30pm. My question is, is this enough time for a Saturday (March 20th, Spring break) departure? I have been scanning threads but didn't see exactly what I was looking for other than that Saturday and Sundays are heavy airport traffic days and something about how it will be even more so once Oasis of the Seas is in port. So I looked up what ships might be in port that day, and viola, Oasis of the Seas will be there. Plus, if I am reading the schedule correctly, so will the Princess Crown, Independence of the Seas, Ruby Princess, Eurodam, Poesia, and Carnival Miracle. We were hoping to fly in and out of FLL using a credit we have on SouthWest and can change again, just at a higher rate. Please advise if you think we should try to rebook, there is still a 5:50 pm flight available. The flight will cost us a bit more and I rather not change it if I don't have to, but also don't want our first cruise experience to be stressful. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Congrats on finding a flight out in the afternoon! We wanted to fly home the same date and will be disembarking in Miami, but there aren't any flights available home that afternoon. We will stay a total of 2 nights in the FLL area, and saved $250pp doing so. Somehow, I'm sure DS won't mind missing another day of school.....

Archived