Probably a silly question

Can someone give me some input on balcony cabins on RCCL Mariner of the Seas? :confused: We are taking our daughter and granddaughter on a cruise this summer. Looking at 2 adjoining rooms. RCCL's website says Category D1 & 2 have 206 sq. ft. Category E1 has 184 sq. ft. Would the 184 be large enough for two of us? There are so many knowledgable posters here:) I'm hoping someone can tell me what to do. I've learned so much from reading posts on Cruise Critic - way more than any other website. Thanks in advance. Marie

Can someone give me some input on balcony cabins on RCCL Mariner of the Seas? :confused: We are taking our daughter and granddaughter on a cruise this summer. Looking at 2 adjoining rooms. RCCL's website says Category D1 & 2 have 206 sq. ft. Category E1 has 184 sq. ft. Would the 184 be large enough for two of us? There are so many knowledgable posters here:) I'm hoping someone can tell me what to do. I've learned so much from reading posts on Cruise Critic - way more than any other website. Thanks in advance. Marie

I am assuming you are looking to get 2 adjoining E1 cabins??? If so that will be plenty of room for the 4 of you. If you are asking can 4 of you fit into the E1, I would not do it, but it definitely can be done. We started a few years ago getting our kids their own cabin so that we all had enough space, it just got too tight for us. Have done an E1 for DH and I and an inside for the kids multiple times. This works well for us, my kids would love it if we had 2 balconies!

I have put 4 adults in an inside cabin (160 sq ft) and as long as you are smart about shower times and dont mind things being tight then it isn't too bad. However if you have the means 2 E1 balconies would be very nice.

You would be best to book very soon, their aren't really that many adjoining cabins especially "midship"..either category would be fine with very little noticable difference... Just a suggestion..#7306 & 08 or 7606 & 08..... Make sure you have your deck plans in front of you when booking...and watch daily for those price drops..... Enjoy !

Cabins on cruise ships are pretty much all very, very small. If you want to get a sense of what 184 sq ft is, measure a space 10 feet by 18 feet out in your living room. Now put two single beds, a desk, a small bathroom, a small closet and your husband and yourself in that space. That's your cabin.

You would be best to book very soon, their aren't really that many adjoining cabins especially "midship"..either category would be fine with very little noticable difference... Just a suggestion..#7306 & 08 or 7606 & 08..... Make sure you have your deck plans in front of you when booking...and watch daily for those price drops..... Enjoy !

Thanks Ashland. I am planning to book this week. Your input is appreciated. :)

In 2006 we were 28 people onboard the Mariner and 30 in 2007,we all had E2 balconys and we were all very happy.The rooms are small but the furniture is to scale and it all works out very well.

You probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference. You might have a love seat instead of sofabed if the cabins are adjoining but beyond that the classification is more location than actual cabin size imo.

I've been on the Mariner as well, mind you in an aft E2 or 3 (can't remember which one). There's plenty of room for two adults. The added bonus of having two cabins is two bathrooms.

If you mean a true aft cabin (one that faces rearwards, overlooking the wake) and not just one "towards the aft portion of the ship", no, you were not in an E2 or E3 on the Mariner. There aren't any.

Archived