Looks like they are cutting back Free laudry for Platinum

scperk

I just read a post on the 12/3/09 Dream roll call and someone mentioned that they had a letter in their room that stated that they only get one bag of laundry free per Platinum cruiser...Are they going to start taking things away from their most fequent cruisers because there are so many that are platinum now......:(......Dennis

Someone on here not to long ago was bragging how they took all their dirty cloths and sheets on the cruise with them. And used the free Platinum perk to have it all washed. Is it any wonder Carnival is cracking down on this abuse of a good perk?

Wow. Just... wow.

Someone on here not to long ago was bragging how they took all their dirty cloths and sheets on the cruise with them. And used the free Platinum perk to have it all washed. Is it any wonder Carnival is cracking down on this abuse of a good perk?

That is kinda stupid but I'm booked on the 15 day Panama Canal cruise on the Elation and I'm wondering how I'm gonna pack enough clothes .The fees the airlines are charging I really don't want to take two suitcases per person....We usually have clothes washed every day after the first day-whites one day and color clothes the next, that cuts down on how much I have to carry.....Dennis

I just read a post on the 12/3/09 Dream roll call and someone mentioned that they had a letter in their room that stated that they only get one bag of laundry free per Platinum cruiser...Are they going to start taking things away from their most fequent cruisers because there are so many that are platinum now......:(......Dennis

I was on the Dream... first sailing from Rome... sent out laundry three times.. so much it came back in two bags! (mine and my roommate who wasn't platinum yet;) never a complaint and all free:D

Well if true, I don't think it is so bad. I used the service everyday on the Elation when I really didn't have to. We only have socks, boxers, workout clothes, undershirts, etc washed anyway, but it does help with packing(and saves money if you are flying). With me and my wife both platinum we will get these items sent out on say the 3rd and 5th day of a 7 night cruise. This is still one of my favorite perks and was a little scared that they would take it away from us.

Is that one bag per cruise or one bag per day:confused:

Is that one bag per cruise or one bag per day:confused:

I e-mailed host mach and he confirmed it's true....I read it was one bag per person per cruise.....It's gonna be tough on my 15 day thru the canal, guess I'll have to take laundry detergent....:(....Dennis

They have laudries on board, so don't see the problem. It's $2 for the soap and $2 for the dryer. Bring your own soap, don't see the problem. Since I never use dryer, I always wash them in the afternoon and most of the times they are dry in the morning.

The only things I ever send to the laundry are the outer wear such as slacks, jeans, shirts, blouses, etc....and never more than once a week-and not on every cruise. If needed, I have no problem handwashing undergarments in the cabin.

I can't imagine doing it every day and can think of no reason why it should be done every day......

I'm sure there is a reason why Carnival would make this cut.,....if it's true. Frankly, I'll wait and see until something comes from THEM and not just rumor.

I can only guess as mentioned previously.. too many Platinum members.. helping their travel mates or doing their laundry daily.. I think that is nuts.. that is why they did this.. sucks as I am 2 cruises away from Platinum and was looking forward to this perk:(

I hope its not true. Over the years I pack much less than I did when I first started to cruise. I can live with 1 bag a week washed from carnival. I just wonder whats next to go for us Platinum cruisers. I'll be sure to let Carnival know how I feel with the comment cards.

I mentioned in my sticky thread that I'm checking on this...

I want to get a definitive answer before this one goes the way of iced tea...

:)

The only things I ever send to the laundry are the outer wear such as slacks' date=' jeans, shirts, blouses, etc....and never more than once a week-and not on every cruise. If needed, I have no problem handwashing undergarments in the cabin.

I can't imagine doing it every day and can think of no reason why it should be done every day......

I'm sure there is a reason why Carnival would make this cut.,....if it's true. Frankly, I'll wait and see until something comes from THEM and not just rumor.[/quote']

This was on a letter that was given to the Platinum cruisers on the 12/3 dream cruise ......I doubt that the letter was a rumor....Dennis

We used it every day........if they give me that perk I will use it everyday.......the bag is so small you can't put very many pieces in it anyway.......

I don't buy that it is because there are too many platinum cruisers......must be cutting back on employees....IF it is true......

We used it every day........if they give me that perk I will use it everyday.......the bag is so small you can't put very many pieces in it anyway.......

I don't buy that it is because there are too many platinum cruisers......must be cutting back on employees....IF it is true......

Host Mach is investigating as we post....LOL...Dennis

I was on the Dream... first sailing from Rome... sent out laundry three times.. so much it came back in two bags! (mine and my roommate who wasn't platinum yet;) never a complaint and all free:D

This is why they are cutting back. It is a perk for Platinum guests...not their roommates.

Do people really use this so much?

What do you people wear? Do you live in t-shirts and cargo shorts?

DD & I don't wear a single thing that I would trust to be put in those industrial washers and dryers.

Literally. Not one thing would I send out to be laundered.

It's probably the one perk that I care nothing about (I'll be on my first Platinum cruise in 2 weeks).

As we often see, people abusing a privilege oftens ends up with the privilege taken away for everyone.

One bag of laundry should be plenty for anyone. If not, you can always do your own laundry in the self-serve machines like everyone else.

Do people really use this so much?

What do you people wear? Do you live in t-shirts and cargo shorts?

DD & I don't wear a single thing that I would trust to be put in those industrial washers and dryers.

Literally. Not one thing would I send out to be laundered.

It's probably the one perk that I care nothing about (I'll be on my first Platinum cruise in 2 weeks).

As we often see, people abusing a privilege oftens ends up with the privilege taken away for everyone.

One bag of laundry should be plenty for anyone. If not, you can always do your own laundry in the self-serve machines like everyone else.

You don't have a husband;)

Archived