Eastern caribbean

cruiselover 43

You may want to check on Paradise Point! Sadly, I heard from a friend that had burned down and she sent pictures. So check it out and let us all know if it's still there - we loved it!

Well, just checked the website - looks OK to me! That's great - you have to try a bushwhacker. But be warned only have 1 and share the next - the will knock you on your behind!

As mentioned in above post, St. Maarten has the America's Cup Regatta. This is one of the highest rated excursions in the Caribbean. You get to sail/race boats that were in the real America's Cup against other cruisers. We were lucky enough to draw the Stars and Stripes. Had a great time beating True North!!! I got to be at the helm sailing the boat back into the harbor. Quite a thrill!

St. Maarten also has the famous Orient Beach. There are also other nicer, quieter beaches on the island.

St. Thomas has a plethora of great things to do. There are private sail boats that you can charter, an excursion over to Buck Island, beautiful beaches, including Megan's Bay (which you can do on your own), or take the ferry over to St. John for a little taste of Paradise!

Be sure to check out the Ports of Call boards here on CC.

Have a great time!

Besides the beaches on both islands, we also did the America's Cup Regatta in St. Marteen. Quite an experience - definitely a once in a lifetime thing! In St. Thomas we usually do a catamarran/snorkeling excursion- gives us a taste of land (beach) and sea!

I concur with other posters, the America's Cup is a blast! For a more economical afternoon, take a taxi to Moho (sp) beach, near the airport. You will never have a dip quite as this. Take a look at the photo link below! I love St. Martin. You should also go over to the "ports of call" section of cruise critic.

http://www.blog.kentmiller.com/2008/12/21/63/

We've done Godfrey and Sunny Liston tours in St Thomas. Both take you to the shopping area, a tour of the island and then to a beach. It's a fun way to spend the day.

Although I haven't used him, I have heard that Bernard's tours in St Maarten are good. He takes people to the French side of the island as well as a tour of the Dutch side.

Enjoy!

The kayak, snorkle, and hike excursion thru Virgin Island Ecotours doesn't seem to get many shout outs, but we really enjoyed it. Kayaking thru the mangroves was a nice break from the crowds and the hike along the beach to the tidal pools was interesting.

Book The BOSS under water scooters before your cruise, Only a

limited number of people can go , and with 2 or 3 ships in port

and they take about 25 people total, Very funny entertaining

crew also, You can snorkel while you wait your turn to go down on

scooters ,They have 8 and they have divers in the water with you

at all times , also the divers will put out fish food, You will have

1000's of fish all colors around you, and you can touch them as

they swim by you!

Archived