Age of Cruise Critic Members

Cruise Passenger

What's the age range of Cruise Critic Members?  

501 members have voted

1. 1. What's the age range of Cruise Critic Members?

• 20-30 years old
    • 30-40 years old
    • 40-50 years old
    • 50-60 years old
    • 60-70 years old
    • 70+ and enjoying life

I'm 60 and live in South West Louisiana. I will be turning 61 on February 26th. My sister (TX_Lady who lives in San Antonio and who also happens to be my cruising buddy will be turning 63 on January 16th.

So far out of the five cruises we have been on, we have cruised 3 times on her birthday and only one time on mine. BUT at least I got to wake up on my by 6-0 on a cruise ship.

40 is right around the corner. I guess the older you get, the more you want to enjoy life and all it has to offer. Relaxation, reading, cultural sites, and life enriching activities onboard and in port instead of participation in the belly flop or hairy chest contests.

I am 24 and my husband is 27. While that is probably fairly young compared to many on these boards, I want to assure people that we are not your typical "20 something" cruisers. We go to bed early, have serious careers (I am a graduate student working on advanced degrees in Psychology), are not big partiers or drinkers, and enjoy cruising with those that are well-traveled.

Man, you two sound like my wife and I.We are older at 38 and 36 but very similar otherwise. Not much on the partying and enjoy just relaxing on the cruises. We do have two kids and everytime we go without them we say that we are going to stay up late and enjoy not getting up early.Then around 10:00 we both decide we are tired and want to lie down.

I'm 44 and my mom is in her 70's...

we call her the Energizer Bunny...she keeps going and going

We were just in SFO for a couple of days as a girl getaway..

I wore out before she did..

I have to remind her to pace herself

age has no bearing on your outlook in life

My mom and I are the same ages as you and your mom. We've done seven or eight cruises together. She's a great travel companion. Our favorite cruise so far has been on Carnival Victory, with a different port each day and no sea days. We both loved it so much the first time that we did it again a few months ago.

I just turned 60. DH is almost 73. I still go on the water slide, and love to go watch everything. Me, first one on deck, last one to go to bed. Him, early to retire, and not much of a joiner. Came very close to joining the "Balcony Club" in Oct.

We're both healthy as hell, and ready to cruise again.

When I read through these posts I sometimes find myself trying to figure the age of the poster based on what they are saying. It kind of made me think" I wonder what the age ranges are on these threads?"I am 38 years old.I know they say it is rude to ask someone their age but we don't have to provide any names or faces. Just curious as to who I converse with on these boards.

I am 54 but 25 in cruise years !!!!!!!:)

I arrived at the significant age (at least to me) of 70 this past Monday, and chose Las Vegas as the place I wanted to be for the big event. In fact my DD and I stayed up till well past midnight so I could start celebrating reaching that milestone before the morning light!

Now I'm waiting for the next 93 days to pass till I board the Golden Princess for my 9th cruise (and my 3rd for the r/t LA-Hawaii itinerary). I plan to keep on visiting Vegas several times a year and taking at least one cruise per year for as long and my health and finances permit.

Hello,

I am 66 and my DW is 63.

I beg your pardon but did someone say hearing aids. Been wearing one since I was 8 years old. No big deal though.

I agree that a cruise does make you feel younger because you are getting lots of exercise, meeting new people with different experiences than yours and hearing new ideas, And above all, lots of love and laughter.

We have a 25 year old son with whom we have a lot of fun. Same with our 30 year old married daughter.

I'm 36, DH 42 but he doesn't post.

Funny that we are the only ones in our families that cruises. We've tried to convince the others that it's a great time but they haven't made that jump yet.

Our 6 year old son will go on his first cruise in 20 days! (1/4/10) We're indoctrinating him as early as we can. :D

I am 58 Married 42 years have 5 kids and 2 grandchildren all back Home in MA while I am stuck in CA. I use a wheelchair, have numerous medical things going on, I don't work, never really have, other than the five children that is!

I have incrediby diverse interests. Last big project was designing a VERY nice home theater, and I mean real theater for my home, again waiting for me back east. Currently I am getting into Home recording, audio mixing etc.

I also am a Pirates of the Caribbean nut, That was actually why I originally built the theater, So I could still see the movies as they are suppose to be seen and heard. AUDIO in my theater is at least as important as video.

I am also both a glass half empty person and one who is blunt, though I don't do so to be mean it is who I am. My signature line tells it, there is not much I am indifferent too.

My will reads:

"Being of sound mind and body I spent everything I had. Sorry kids!":D

We are doing the same thing. I was in Shanghai in March when I turned 60. My DH is 68 and been married 38 years. We discovered cruising only 3 years ago and only been on 4 cruises so far ( Alaska cruisetour, S. Carribean for 11 days, Western Mediterranean and Bahamas). Next cruise will be Eastern Carib in March and Scandinavia / Baltic in August. We actually did not bother about cruises earlier because we were busy sending kids to college. And I'm proud to say that we have a physician, a legal nurse and radiology tech in the family. They are now on their own and I don't feel bad spending their inheritance money.

I am 36, hubby 38 (doesnt post either)

We are taking 2 of our daughters (ages 10 and 16) on their first cruise this weekend :D (my 18 yr old is spending the season with my mother in Idaho)

Funny to see this thread- I assumed the majority of opinion was from you baby boomers- I was right ;)

I will be eligible to retire in about 15 years and I plan to see as much of this planet as I can. I hope to get a very broad perspective of the world through traveling so I can figure out where to move then. Problem is we keep going back to the same delightful places- Las Vegas, Florida, Mexico- maybe I already found what I was looking for!

When I read through these posts I sometimes find myself trying to figure the age of the poster based on what they are saying. It kind of made me think" I wonder what the age ranges are on these threads?"I am 38 years old.I know they say it is rude to ask someone their age but we don't have to provide any names or faces. Just curious as to who I converse with on these boards.

It is not clear, are you asking for physical age or mental age?

I am still trying to figure out why this matters? Obviously cruise lines like Disney and Carnival will have a lower average age than premium and luxury cruise lines that discourage children on board (except during the summer and school holidays).

I think it matters A LOT when reading a review. There are some particular expectations and opinions that relate to different generations. Sometimes I find myself reading through a thread thinking, "REALLY?"

THAT SAID, some of my closest friends are my mother's age and daughter's age, so I take it all with a grain of salt. :)

Archived