Age of Cruise Critic Members

Cruise Passenger

What's the age range of Cruise Critic Members?  

501 members have voted

1. 1. What's the age range of Cruise Critic Members?

• 20-30 years old
    • 30-40 years old
    • 40-50 years old
    • 50-60 years old
    • 60-70 years old
    • 70+ and enjoying life

When I read through these posts I sometimes find myself trying to figure the age of the poster based on what they are saying. It kind of made me think" I wonder what the age ranges are on these threads?"I am 38 years old.I know they say it is rude to ask someone their age but we don't have to provide any names or faces. Just curious as to who I converse with on these boards.

No problem here......

I'm pushing 70, been divorced and blessedly single since 1981, play guitar, embroider, walk several times a week. Very healthy..take no meds (except a little ibufrophen for that pesky "arthur-itis)....and I LOVE to cruise.....and I love to cruise on Carnival.:p:D

i turned 60 this year . that is why i went on 2 cruises for my '' turning point birthday ''. one too alaska and the other for my 1st caribbean cruise. i feel much younger on my cruises and the planning of them keeps me busy and i have something too look forward too that i love. nothing can stop me, no matter how many birthdays go by :D.

When I read through these posts I sometimes find myself trying to figure the age of the poster based on what they are saying. It kind of made me think" I wonder what the age ranges are on these threads?"I am 38 years old.I know they say it is rude to ask someone their age but we don't have to provide any names or faces. Just curious as to who I converse with on these boards.

I've taken part in your survey but, for public consumption, my grandmother's reply will do: "I'm as old as my tongue and a little older than my teeth." :D

And I can be cranky too - it's one of the pleasures of growing old disgracefully.;)

I've taken part in your survey but, for public consumption, my grandmother's reply will do: "I'm as old as my tongue and a little older than my teeth." :D

:D:D. she still has her teeth??? , you go girl ;). i throw mine in cup at night to soak them and i put my trifocals in a place where i can reach them when i wake up so i can see what time it is. now im saving up for my hearing aide that i will need in the coming years and i would love a chair that raises me up and pushes me out of it so my arthritus wont hurt so bad when i get home from my warehouse job. yes, my body is telling me it is time too slow down but that will never happen as long as i have my cruises too save up for and go on. i told my family i wanted a scooter for christmas so i wont have to buy it myself in a few years. yes, this is the true me and i am looking forward too it because it means i am still alive and kicking ;). i like questions like this, it lets me put it all out there and i can share my '' how my body feels '' venting-mode '' .

''CRUISE ON '' is my motto :)

:D:D. she still has her teeth??? , you go girl ;). i throw mine in cup at night to soak them and i put my trifocals in a place where i can reach them when i wake up so i can see what time it is. now im saving up for my hearing aide that i will need in the coming years and i would love a chair that raises me up and pushes me out of it so my arthritus wont hurt so bad when i get home from my warehouse job. yes, my body is telling me it is time too slow down but that will never happen as long as i have my cruises too save up for and go on. i told my family i wanted a scooter for christmas so i wont have to buy it myself in a few years. yes, this is the true me and i am looking forward too it because it means i am still alive and kicking ;). i like questions like this, it lets me put it all out there and i can share my '' how my body feels '' venting-mode '' .

Just turned 61 this week and am chugging along with a few aches and pains. I often travel solo in Europe but have cruised several times to give DH and I a chance to have some romantic travel time together!!!:p

I turned 60 in October. Glad to say I spent the day sailing between Mozambique and Madagascar on the final sailing of the Tahitian Princess.

Man, you guys are such an inspiration to me.When I get close to my retirement years (only 20 more) I want to be just like you. Also as I sit here at work- I'm cracking up with your responses

:D:D. she still has her teeth??? , you go girl ;).

Grandma kept her own teeth until she died at 92. She was a formidable old lady. She taught in a school in the slums in London, raised 6 kids, and in her "spare" time ran a shop and a café! Who thinks women going out to work is a modern phenomenon? :)

At 68, I still have my own teeth, too, but that pesky arthritis has meant I have one replacement knee and the prospect of another one in the next few years.

Glasses - yes. Hearing aids - no (but DH has those).

Cruising's great, but we try to combine it with travel on land as well.

Grandma kept her own teeth until she died at 92. She was a formidable old lady. She taught in a school in the slums in London, raised 6 kids, and in her "spare" time ran a shop and a café! Who thinks women going out to work is a modern phenomenon? :)

At 68, I still have my own teeth, too, but that pesky arthritis has meant I have one replacement knee and the prospect of another one in the next few years.

Glasses - yes. Hearing aids - no (but DH has those).

Cruising's great, but we try to combine it with travel on land as well.

wow,i wish i had her energy now at my age :D. i love hearing about older people that have so much love for live and do so much too stay active and happy. have a great cruise.

I am currently advertising my age to all in my signature. You can all work it out. Surprised there are not more in this bracket with me though.

Have to say age doesn't matter much to me. It is all about the person. I met a charming couple of newlyweds in their 60's on our last cruise. Loved talking with them and their humour. I also met a smashing chap of 10 in the elevator who was on his way to get some cookies from the buffet. He loved my accent and insisted on introducing me to his Dad when I saw him next day. Mind you he did say I was the nice lady I told you about who talks funny!

I sometimes try to guess peoples ages from their posts too.

I can remember the late summer day when the church bells rang signalling Italy's surrender. That gives a ballpark idea. We are fortunately intact, mobile and in good health - most parts work well - not as much hair as I'd like, but on the whole in good enough shape to cruise actively a couple of times a year.

Wondering if anyone can help me....My boyfriend is 25 and I am 23. I have cruised before but years ago and with my family, we want to take a vacation before he gets deployed (he is in the army). He has his heart set on a cruise. He has never been anywhere else besides florida and since he is getting deployed shortly after I want to make this as perfect and re-memorable for him as possible. I have been on celebrity, and princess. I am just looking for a cruise that will be fun with fun excursions. On the princess cruise i went on years ago I was a senior in hs and the crowd was majority geared towards my parents but I made the best of the situation. Costa Cruises have great deals, we are looking to sail Jan 2010. Does anyone reccomend anything?

I turned 60 in October. Glad to say I spent the day sailing between Mozambique and Madagascar on the final sailing of the Tahitian Princess.

Sounds like fun. I spent my 45th (last year) cruising on the Nile! It will be hard for me to top that experience.

Hi all, I am 44 and my dh is 46, our son is 12. He loves to cruise also!!

Tzielinski- did you look at the Freedom of the Seas at all. We have been on it twice with a third time coming up next May. It is a lot of fun, iceskating, rockclimbing wall, mini golf and lots of other thing. Good luck to your boyfriend in the Army!! And have a great cruise whatever you decide.

I am 24 and my husband is 27. While that is probably fairly young compared to many on these boards, I want to assure people that we are not your typical "20 something" cruisers. We go to bed early, have serious careers (I am a graduate student working on advanced degrees in Psychology), are not big partiers or drinkers, and enjoy cruising with those that are well-traveled.

My dh and I are both 52. I've decided I want to be around to p**s off my kids for another 50,:D. So have lost 100lbs, need to loose about another 30 and then I can finally catch the brats when they run.:rolleyes: Also figure I'll spend their inheritance money by taking cruises. Finally learned how to stay young... P**s off your kids!! It's fun, it's worthwhile and gives you something to do when you're bored!

I am 53 my DH is 60 on new years eve. We had 5 kids who are now all adults and off our hands (except they keep coming back for food and to do their washing) and now we work for us. We are fully fledged members of the SKI club and proud of it. (Much to our kids horror)

We will be cruising as much as work will allow us until we retire, then we are off in a caravan and 4WD for about 4 or 5 years (maybe longer) to see Australia. Maybe one day we will settle down, maybe.......:D

Archived