I am sick and tired...

Steelermoose

See the difference?

Try this one on..

First carnival cruise

anytime dinner was great...

second carnival cruise: Dinner the first elegant night: (Monday)

This is where things start to fall apart. We asked to dine alone and were finally seated after a 25-minute wait. We were led to a table for 2 and sat down. We were given our menus and about one minute later our waiter asked if we were ready to order' date=' I told him no please give us a few more minutes. In my book 18 minutes is more than a few. Someone brought our bread to the table, but who ever set the table forgot to make sure there was butter for the bread. When I moved the small plate there was a big red stain on the tablecloth under the plate. I finally got up and went to talk to the Asst. Maitre d’ about this. When the waiter finally showed up to take our order I told him I wanted the lobster and shrimp and I might want a second plate but I would tell him after I finished the first, he told me that I needed to tell him now if I wanted a second.

The food finally arrived and my lobster and shrimp were there, but someone once again dropped the ball and there were no potatoes or vegetables on the plate. This called for a second trip over to the Maitre d’ to express my displeasure. This was finally fixed and I had dinner, when I finished the waiter asked me if I wanted the second plate of lobster I told him no I did not. 2 minutes later he showed up with the second plate.

Both times I talked to the Maitre d’ I never asked for anything extra only to make the dinner the way it should be. The next day there was a plate of 4 chocolates with a note saying how sorry they were this happened. (The funny thing is when I booked my cruise I put down on the special needs form that I was diabetic)

On the other nights in the MDR nothing like this happened again, just little thing like the servers not knowing who ordered what. All the other nights twice we ate alone and twice we ate with others. All for nights there were small problems with the servers getting the orders correct.[/color']

So what am I to do just pretend everything was fine, no sorry the service on the Legend was bad I will complain and I did complain. It is true a cruise is what you make of it, but service that sucks is just that service that sucks.

I did not let it ruin mu cruise and I had a good time, but the fact is the service sucked, and my next Cruise is going to be RCI because the service sucked!

carnival pushes the notion that the only acceptable outcome on comment cards is "exceeded your expirations", well they not did exceeded my expirations, they did not even meet them.

Manhattan is certainly is one of the noisiest places on Earth. And congested. And expensive. Other than perhaps hot dogs, is there a NY cuisine? Even the pizza isn't real pizza - for real pizza, you have to go to Naples.

No, it's fake pizza. Make out of plastic.

Seriously, Sarge? Are you aware there's a reason why three of the top culinary schools in the country are in the NYC metro area? Or that such highly-regarded establishments as WD50, LaBernadin, The Spotted Pig, and Blue Hill *are* in Manhattan? I'm sure didn't see any of them from the window of the Ruby Tuesdays in Times Square though.

Seriously, Sarge? Are you aware there's a reason why three of the top culinary schools in the country are in the NYC metro area? Or that such highly-regarded establishments as WD50, LaBernadin, The Spotted Pig, and Blue Hill *are* in Manhattan? I'm sure didn't see any of them from the window of the Ruby Tuesdays in Times Square though.

***BOBBY FLAY****

This is why I am grateful I live in the USA cause it's a free country. If you don't like NY or all of us whinny New Yorkers you can just stay away. Do us all a favor and don't visit and don't use our air ports or cruise terminals.

lmao!

NYC food is good......but my fav food is as follows.....

southern (bbq, fried foods, gator meat is good too :) (I freaked out a new yorker a couple of months ago when I ordered gator bites..lol..she couldn't believe people eat that!)....Cajun food....since moving down to south florida from orlando, I love Cuban food also.... :)

...When I went to NYC, we did a lot of eating!! You do have EXCELLENT food there!! ...BUT..so does the south....:p

You should try Magnotta's at the corner of Lexington and Maple! :)

We have tried them all in the area...but Magnottas is the only one we order round pizza from now!!! The kids friend's parents are always asking where we order from and Magnottas is the only place I say to go. I am a Sicilian pizza expert.....not Neopolitan type...but I know his specialty pizza is very good.

Try Abatino's in North WP and order Ralph's specialty pizza! I actually told him ( who we know for years) that his specialty sicilian was better than mine!!!

My Vote for best Pizza in NYC is Lazarra's

38th and 7th...

Square flat crusty -insane sauce.. one pie is only enough for two!

Try it!

When I worked at the Citicorp Center back in the 80's...the best pizza was at 53rd and 3rd!!! Even skinny little folks could eat 2 of their large slices!!! They were so busy that the pslices were always freash from the oven.

I believe their building went the way of urban renewal though and don't have a clue as to their name or if they moved somewhere.

NYC food is good......but my fav food is as follows.....

southern (bbq, fried foods, gator meat is good too :) (I freaked out a new yorker a couple of months ago when I ordered gator bites..lol..she couldn't believe people eat that!)....Cajun food....since moving down to south florida from orlando, I love Cuban food also.... :)

...When I went to NYC, we did a lot of eating!! You do have EXCELLENT food there!! ...BUT..so does the south....:p

We have good Cuban and good Southern (lotsa transplants -- Blue Smoke is really good), but we don't do the Cajun so well up here. I guess none of those Luziana boys have come North to show us how it's done right.

I haven't tried gator yet. I've had emu, ostrich, buffalo, frog, venison, and a couple of other "exotics" but not gator.

We have tried them all in the area...but Magnottas is the only one we order round pizza from now!!! The kids friend's parents are always asking where we order from and Magnottas is the only place I say to go. I am a Sicilian pizza expert.....not Neopolitan type...but I know his specialty pizza is very good.

All this pizza talkthis morning is KILLING me. And of course I went for the Magnotta's entree special last night, foregoing the pizza. :mad:

Mesa Grill has the most incredible spicy caesar salad with hominy croutons. Totally to die for. (And I bloody well hate salad.) I love to take my Mom there. Haven't made it to Bollo yet.

Hey, I saw Bobby Flay near the Christmas Tree Shop in Danbury a few yeas ago.....he was coming out of the really good Sinapi's pizza parlor in that strip mall.

My brother always gets Southern BBQ for me when I visit them in Charlotte. It's good nothing that I would rave about, but it's good.

One "indulgence" that I afford myself from time to time is Mark Joseph's down in SS Seaport. I put it on par with Peter Lugar's...better decor and atmosphere though. Their porterhouse steak is the best I have ever had, bar none.

Another favorite of mine is Plataforma (Both locations...)

Mesa Grill has the most incredible spicy caesar salad with hominy croutons. Totally to die for. (And I bloody well hate salad.) I love to take my Mom there. Haven't made it to Bollo yet.

Cat you are 10000% correct :)~

Glad to know I'm not the only person who adores Christmas Tree Shop. :D

I frequent the one near me so often that the manager actually kisses me when he sees me!!! The stuff is very decent quality there and I have the same stuff in catalogs for 4X as much! I think we have visited each and every one there is on Cape Cod.

We have good Cuban and good Southern (lotsa transplants -- Blue Smoke is really good), but we don't do the Cajun so well up here. I guess none of those Luziana boys have come North to show us how it's done right.

I haven't tried gator yet. I've had emu, ostrich, buffalo, frog, venison, and a couple of other "exotics" but not gator.

NYC definately has great food!! The best pizza ever!! I think your pizza is way better then Chicago's style....(forgive me people from Chicago...lol...)....

~~~~~ I have eaten venison and buffalo......but never, ever frog....my parents used to eat it....but it just freaks me out.....I don't know about the emu & ostrich....that would be different....but I am willing to try some things......just not spiders, frogs, snakes or bugs....lol.... There is a famous event in NYC...(I don't know what it's called....i saw it on the travel channel or discovery I don't remember which)....where this guy once a year buys all of these strange things to eat from all over the world...(like roaches, spiders, bugs...etc)....people pay lots of money to go try them......

Archived